darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 34 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#1651 Posted: 20:41:03 22/09/2015
I notice they race AGAINST Nightfall. So she is possible to race against. I've never seen anyone race against Nightfall

Can I just saw I'm a little confused about the whole racing as villains thing? Can someone explain that to me?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10064
#1652 Posted: 20:44:13 22/09/2015
Nightfall is AI. The game randomly chooses 2-3 Superchargers to race against you(possibly terrain specific?) in single player,along with the Mabu racers.

On racing as villains,you beat them in a race(literally, you have to defeat them before it ends), and you can put them in the trophy to play as in the specific terrain.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:45:29 22/09/2015 by Bifrost
#1653 Posted: 20:45:28 22/09/2015
Yeah. Nightfall isn't very common though. Splat and Pop Fizz are quite common.
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1654 Posted: 20:45:46 22/09/2015
After you beat a villain in a Boss pursuit, you can trap them in the trophy and then play as them in any of their vehicle type specific levels, but only if you have the trophy on the portal.

Also, just beat the game,
The Darkness boss fight was pretty great. And wow, they did change up the status quo quite a bit with the ending. If Kaos isn't gonna be the villain in the next game, I really hope it's Malefor.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1655 Posted: 20:52:16 22/09/2015
That might not be 100% certain.

We said the same about TT and Kaos still came back. But here's hoping TFB knows better than to miss out on such a great opportunity to have him help you for real even if for selfish reasons, not just being forced to like before.
After all, with this game, Kaos clearly proved he has real standards. Even if it means taking your orders, he's going to kick any wannabe Final Fantasy villain of the spot. And since Malefor's goal is to be King of everything in Skylands...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:53:59 22/09/2015 by Bifrost
#1656 Posted: 20:52:39 22/09/2015
Ohhhh Ok that makes sense

I honestly like the Kaos fight better.
---
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#1657 Posted: 20:53:37 22/09/2015
Quote: Bionichute
After you beat a villain in a Boss pursuit, you can trap them in the trophy and then play as them in any of their vehicle type specific levels, but only if you have the trophy on the portal.

Also, just beat the game,
The Darkness boss fight was pretty great. And wow, they did change up the status quo quite a bit with the ending. If Kaos isn't gonna be the villain in the next game, I really hope it's Malefor.

Well the game does seem to drop a few hints about that

With that crazy collector saying ''spoiler alert'' when speaking about the Malefor Skystone, heck, the fact both Malefor and Calliope have skystones, it could be some foreshadowing, as we know TFB is already working on the next game, VV probs knows what it is about and is dropping a few hints for us.
The Darkness boss fight seems pretty fun, no Traptanium Kaos, but fun, too bad they make all this build up for an epic clash with the most ancient evil of skylands and in the end it goes down pretty easily. Doesn't help the theme is nowhere near as epic and climactic when compared to other final bosses of the franchise.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1658 Posted: 21:36:44 22/09/2015
I think the best part of this game is the
Hot Steak Skystone

I think VV did with vehicles what TFB did with villians
Made them very simple and button mashy and ultimately less fun that normal Skylander gameplay
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1659 Posted: 21:41:17 22/09/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
I think the best part of this game is the
Hot Steak Skystone

I think VV did with vehicles what TFB did with villians
Made them very simple and button mashy and ultimately less fun that normal Skylander gameplay

There's really a Hot Steak Skystone?...

~ ~ ~ ~
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3766
#1660 Posted: 21:46:30 22/09/2015
So how did that Wrench that Mags carries break the Traptanium?

Also ffor those that have finished, how would you rank the 5 gas?
---
Hahahahaha
#1661 Posted: 21:48:14 22/09/2015
SSC=SG>STT>SSA>SF. I can't decide on if SC is better than Giants because of the big genre shift; they're pretty much different tastes of the same deliciousness. But for the best Skylanders experience, still Giants, if only it had the plot this game had :I but hey, maybe this will take first place in the next weeks once I start advancing more with everything,the narrative is by far the best.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:49:52 22/09/2015 by Bifrost
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#1662 Posted: 21:48:37 22/09/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories
So how did that Wrench that Mags carries break the Traptanium?

Also ffor those that have finished, how would you rank the 5 gas?

I was wondering that same thing!
I was thinking, ooh, do they have a special Traptanium-breaker now or something? Instead it was ... a wrench >.>
it sorta disappointed me, they actually included Traptanium in the game, then mess it up by having get broken by Mags wrench, oh well, I'm not that mad

~ ~ ~ ~
#1663 Posted: 21:51:18 22/09/2015
OH MY GOD...

Was watching a video of one of the levels and the cutscene after Monstrous Isles. OH MY GOD. Glumshanks SACRAFICED HIMSELF TO SAVE THEM. He is really a true hero smilie
---
#1664 Posted: 21:58:32 22/09/2015
Well, that's the emotional scene. My theory was wrong entirely about being connected to a certain level, but it was still in the general area I guessed it at.

I think they could've done it better,though we just overhyped it as a character death instead of utter status quo destruction.Still great, because it's pretty obvious that,with the good guys or with Kaos, Glumshanks just wants the people that he likes to be safe - a truly grey character.
Maybe they should've had a chapter or two with his whereabouts unknown to let the realization sink in... Not to mention you can't beat Panderghast into next thursday for doing what he did.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 22:22:41 22/09/2015 by Bifrost
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1665 Posted: 22:21:42 22/09/2015
I was looking on eBay for Superchargers, funny thing, the Donkey Kongs and Bowsers of both Dark and regular Nintendo starter packs are removed from a large majority of them. 2 potential options: A. People want to get rid of Stealth Elf or B. Amiibo scalpers getting their hands on the starters and taking away both them and their vehicles. And on another note, those who want the Kaos Trophy, it is averaging ten dollars. smilie
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#1666 Posted: 22:22:57 22/09/2015
Amiibo scalpers are said to be WAY crazier than Skylanders ones,so no doubt it's the latter. I bet they don't even know what a Stealth Elf or Clown Cruiser is most of the time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:49 22/09/2015 by Bifrost
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1667 Posted: 22:30:16 22/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Amiibo scalpers are said to be WAY crazier than Skylanders ones,so no doubt it's the latter. I bet they don't even know what a Stealth Elf or Clown Cruiser is most of the time.

Lol, I joked with my friend who is an Amiibo collector I would sell him Dark DK and Barel Blaster for $50 and he told me that was a good deal. They are currently going for $85-$100 apparently.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#1668 Posted: 22:36:23 22/09/2015
If only regular Spitfire and Hot Streak were common like the Darks are. What Acti should have done was package the two with the Wii U, 3DS, and Wii versions. I personally wouldn't mind multiples, but seriously, unless they get the singles out for them soon, I'll go nuts!
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8274
#1669 Posted: 22:37:57 22/09/2015
That might not be 100% certain.

We said the same about TT and Kaos still came back. But here's hoping TFB knows better than to miss out on such a great opportunity to have him help you for real even if for selfish reasons, not just being forced to like before.
After all, with this game, Kaos clearly proved he has real standards. Even if it means taking your orders, he's going to kick any wannabe Final Fantasy villain of the spot. And since Malefor's goal is to be King of everything in Skylands...

You a good point! Kaos was forced to be good and still has his powers. While in SSC, he has no real choice, since his powers are gone. It's a huge change to his character. I think they'll expand on it in Sky 6. I'm also thinking Malley might be the main villain in Sky 6 with Hex, Cynder and most importantly Spyro getting revamps.

Aother thing that I loved was that Kaos HAS morals. I honestly think he cares for The Skylanders and friends at least a little bit deep inside

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:12 22/09/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
TTD Hunter Gems: 6253
#1670 Posted: 22:38:16 22/09/2015 | Topic Creator
On ebay, all skymiibo with their vehicles will range from $120 to $400.
#1671 Posted: 22:40:09 22/09/2015
Yeah, it's ridiculous. At least we've mostly solved the 'Overpriced Skylander' dilemma right now. None of the non-Amiibos are anywhere near that price, well, except for Spitfire and his vehicle. Those darn scalpers taking advantage of Nintendo players... I want to get the XBOX One version too now!
---
#1672 Posted: 22:45:33 22/09/2015
I think it's hilarious how Amiibo scalpers only started because Amiibo wasn't very well stocked for a long time. Now they're trying to do that with Skylanders, without realizing that Skylanders starter packs are always well stocked.

Overall, people doing that are probably wasting more money than gaining any.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1673 Posted: 22:51:26 22/09/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

You a good point! Kaos was forced to be good and still has his powers. While in SSC, he has no real choice, since his powers are gone. It's a huge change to his character. I think they'll expand on it in Sky 6. I'm also thinking Malley might be the main villain in Sky 6 with Hex, Cynder and most importantly Spyro getting revamps.

Aother thing that I loved was that Kaos HAS morals. I honestly think he cares for The Skylanders and friends at least a little bit deep inside

Not sure if they're gone, if Kaos was given the tattoo back maybe he has at least reserves - after all in TT he had no source whatsoever but didn't seem too much in trouble,as the Darkness only broke him from the Traptanium magic at that point.

He has morals,just evil ones. He really wishes he could crush the stupid sky-losers and their poser master,but only HE can do it,in the only eviliest way he can think of,no shortcuts. It's more of a worthy opponent thing. Glumshanks definately thinks of them as friends now,though.

what's that in the sky? a bird? a plane? no,it's filler!
---
#1674 Posted: 22:56:57 22/09/2015
Let me just say...
I fail to see how a WRENCH can break Traptanium. Seriously. Sprocket's wrench can't break traptanium. ONLY TRAPTANIUM CAN BREAK TRAPTANIUM.
---
#1675 Posted: 22:58:13 22/09/2015
Oversight. But as I said before, it's so minor I really don't mind it much.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#1676 Posted: 23:16:43 22/09/2015
Two questions about the SuperCharged Challenges.

1) Will any SuperCharger and their specific-type of Vehicle choose whichever SuperCharged Challenge they choose, or they can only to be played by those with their faces on them? For instance, Fiesta has unlocked "Set the Tone". Only he and the Crypt Crusher or it can be any other SuperCharger with any Land Vehicle to enter that quest?

2) Only in the Wii U version, do Donkey Kong and Bowser have SuperCharged Challenges after being placed on the portal once?
#1677 Posted: 23:19:51 22/09/2015
I think only when you're using the combo it can be played.

Pretty sure everyone gets their challenges+quests as soon as unlocked and/or registered.
---
#1678 Posted: 23:23:58 22/09/2015
V So it doesn't matter which SuperCharger is played in any of the SuperCharged Challenges? I can choose whoever I want to play as long as I choose the correct Vehicles for the specific quests and challenges? Also, DK and Bowser have no Challenges of their own they can unlock in the Wii U version?
#1679 Posted: 23:25:48 22/09/2015
No, you can only play a Supercharger Challenge with the correct combo.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#1680 Posted: 23:29:10 22/09/2015
V Okay. So basically, I have to play the Challenges with SuperChargers based on the ones with their faces on them. For example, Dive-Clops and his Dive Bomber in "Go Like A Bomb", not Deep Dive Gill Grunt and his Reef Ripper in that Challenge.
#1681 Posted: 23:36:03 22/09/2015
Hahha...

Remember when I said The Darkness would use the Sky Eater as armor? I was right smilie
---
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#1682 Posted: 23:39:13 22/09/2015
Not counting the $20 I got the Superchargers game/poster for, I've had good luck with non-SC stuff today!
While hunting at Gamestop/EB I found "pre-played" Darklight Crypt(complete -Ghost Roaster smilie), Boomer & Bash all for $13 total!!! Now I just need to track down their Stat Cards. Also got a S1 Zook for $3 sealed brand new.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1683 Posted: 01:23:35 23/09/2015
Quote: Luminous35
OH MY GOD...

Was watching a video of one of the levels and the cutscene after Monstrous Isles. OH MY GOD. Glumshanks SACRAFICED HIMSELF TO SAVE THEM. He is really a true hero smilie

Ummm...

Did a Skylanders game almost make me cry? For Glumshanks's Heroic moment? Skylanders Games needs these kind of scenes more offen. At least he was still alive.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#1684 Posted: 01:43:02 23/09/2015
I don't know if its been mentioned but:
In the Wii version you only have to have one vehicle. The clown cruiser. Sure, you need the extra vehicles for specific mods, but that doesn't matter. If you don't have a boat, Pandergast lends you one called the Blunder Bucket. If you don't have a land one, he lends you the clunker. They are slower than normal vehicles, but they still get the job done.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#1685 Posted: 01:44:13 23/09/2015
I can't seem to find the second random chest in chapter 1, any one have this problem?

Not sure if spoiler, just in case.
---
Hahahahaha
#1686 Posted: 01:54:41 23/09/2015
I can't seem to find the second random chest in chapter 1, any one have this problem?

It's in that cage where the Chompies spawn out of on the top of the cages.

- - -
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:04 23/09/2015 by Matteomax
#1687 Posted: 02:39:21 23/09/2015
Quote: Bionichute

It's in that cage where the Chompies spawn out of on the top of the cages.

- - -

Oh cool thanks. Also can I say this:

WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?! CHOMPIES SHOULD NOT BE THAT BIG. Are there more of those?
---
Hahahahaha
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1688 Posted: 03:23:08 23/09/2015
Just wondering, is their a way to skip to the boss fights after you complete the level or do you have to start from the last section again?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#1689 Posted: 04:15:56 23/09/2015
You know, I'm disappointed that the Trap Masters go no love. Giants got their own special chests in Swap Force but they couldn't give Trap Masters some traptanium shards in SuperChargers? 'Sup with that?
---
Boop me if you see this.
simonc1138 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1549
#1690 Posted: 04:15:57 23/09/2015
Quote: skylandsfan
In the Wii version you only have to have one vehicle. The clown cruiser. Sure, you need the extra vehicles for specific mods, but that doesn't matter. If you don't have a boat, Pandergast lends you one called the Blunder Bucket. If you don't have a land one, he lends you the clunker. They are slower than normal vehicles, but they still get the job done.

I assume that makes sense if the Wii version is pure racing ala Mario Kart - is it? There would be too much content locked away otherwise.

How is the Wii version btw?
---
You know you have an addiction when you spend money on it that is normally saved for your other addictions.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#1691 Posted: 09:28:23 23/09/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
You know, I'm disappointed that the Trap Masters go no love. Giants got their own special chests in Swap Force but they couldn't give Trap Masters some traptanium shards in SuperChargers? 'Sup with that?

Agree, a pity. Giants were even necessary to buil some towers defence in the kaos doom challenge in STT.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#1692 Posted: 19:08:27 23/09/2015
Any chance someone could/would create a different thread to discuss spoiler topics? For the past three days, I've gotten to see a handful of actual posts and then dozens of...

I think
whatever.

OH! Yeah! But do you think
something else?

I thought the idea of the (*NO SPOILERS*) in the subject meant we weren't supposed to discuss spoiler topics. Bombing out nearly the entire thread with nothing but, even though they're hidden behind the spoiler tags, seems to skirt this point.

I've got no say in the matter, but it would be fantastic for those of us who want to keep up with the news and avoid spoilers to not have to skip past tons of essentially blank posts which we won't/can't read. Thanks to anyone who takes this seriously versus immediately dismissing it.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#1693 Posted: 19:11:50 23/09/2015
The actual "spoilers here!" thread sunk so fast I felt like there was no conversation to bring up there that would stick. I've been flunctuating between non spoilers and spoilers mid-subject so Discussion felt more right, since I'm leaving the big wild theory dicussions to friends offsite.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:30 23/09/2015 by Bifrost
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1694 Posted: 19:17:21 23/09/2015
My face when I can't open the spoilers because I don't have the game yet.
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#1695 Posted: 19:28:15 23/09/2015
That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a place to discuss specifically story spoilers,though, but I meant that it didn't feel like it'd stay relevant for long.

Back to discussion; only one person posted gameplay of the Sea Trophy boss battles yet(and just one boss), and apparently they don't have music? I'll guess that on someone leaving the options off while recording on accident, I've seen it happen to TT gameplay.
---
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#1696 Posted: 20:40:25 23/09/2015
Quote: simonc1138
Quote: skylandsfan

I assume that makes sense if the Wii version is pure racing ala Mario Kart - is it? There would be too much content locked away otherwise.

How is the Wii version btw?

It isn't exactly like Mario kart, but its close enough. There are challenges
Sheep Wrangling, Boss Battles, Survival, (even something with killing chompies) and stuff like that. At the end of each "Tour" Pandergast does a mini-show called racelandia wrap up.

Its definitely not my favorite. It lacks the skylanders experience. Sure, there is toys to life, but it doesn't even matter. You need one vehicle of every element to 100% the game. You also need magic items for "magic item vault" which gives you extra stars.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#1697 Posted: 20:41:14 23/09/2015
Back to discussion; only one person posted gameplay of the Sea Trophy boss battles yet(and just one boss), and apparently they don't have music? I'll guess that on someone leaving the options off while recording on accident, I've seen it happen to TT gameplay.

It's possible that they turned it off deliberately to avoid having YouTube's robots (or someone else's) erroneously mark it for a content/IP violation and either lose the video or all revenue it might generate. If you can hear everything else that's going on (in-game audio, noises from the person recording, etc.), I'd say that they did it on purpose, as they'd know that the music wasn't playing while they were going through the game.

As for the actual spoilers topic, maybe a mod could sticky it? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have two topics meant to segregate the information being shared and only sticky one of them. (shrug) Here's hoping, and thanks for making the effort to ensure there are posts readable by all. For a day or so there, the entire thread was reading like one of those "unnecessary censorship" segments they do on late night TV, lol.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8274
#1698 Posted: 21:11:30 23/09/2015
So do we know when Wave 2 is out yet?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1699 Posted: 21:39:02 23/09/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

It's possible that they turned it off deliberately to avoid having YouTube's robots (or someone else's) erroneously mark it for a content/IP violation and either lose the video or all revenue it might generate. If you can hear everything else that's going on (in-game audio, noises from the person recording, etc.), I'd say that they did it on purpose, as they'd know that the music wasn't playing while they were going through the game.

As for the actual spoilers topic, maybe a mod could sticky it? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have two topics meant to segregate the information being shared and only sticky one of them. (shrug) Here's hoping, and thanks for making the effort to ensure there are posts readable by all. For a day or so there, the entire thread was reading like one of those "unnecessary censorship" segments they do on late night TV, lol.

-Doug

Here's a link to the Spoiler Zone thread.
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=122820

I asked for sticky status but TTD shot me down smilie ...lol. He did link it on page one of this thread but people just want to stick in this one for what ever reason. I personally hate using spoiler tags. The game is solid...hell it's amazing. It's the most fun I've had since Swap Force...a little more so actually. Hope you get to play it soon.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:41:03 23/09/2015 by Tigorus
Kinsei Green Sparx Gems: 218
#1700 Posted: 22:01:26 23/09/2015
That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a place to discuss specifically story spoilers,though, but I meant that it didn't feel like it'd stay relevant for long.

I could record the four boss fights with sound if you want me to.
First | Previous | Page 34 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me