darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
Page 1 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#1 Posted: 23:10:00 30/08/2015 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

General Discussion Topic

Please use the news topic to post news

Please use this topic to discuss spoilers.

Use this topic to discuss all things SuperChargers

Quote: Activision
Skylands is in peril! Kaos has unleashed his most evil weapon yet – the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction. With all of Skylands on the verge of collapse, a special team called the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an unstoppable fleet of incredible vehicles. Now you and the SuperChargers must embark on epic adventures over land, under sea, and through the sky to stop Kaos and save Skylands!

Official Skylanders SuperChargers: Overview

If you are going to post spoilers, please use the spoiler tag. To do so, highlight the text in which you want to spoiler then press the exclamation mark button (in between the link and youtube buttons).
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 12:29:41 20/09/2015 by Buuzer
shortcut cooly Green Sparx Gems: 347
#2 Posted: 12:49:54 31/08/2015
I made to know what you think about the game so far and while I'm here I think we should talk about what we think about game till it comes out
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#3 Posted: 12:51:37 31/08/2015
I really like it, I love all the new characters and I love the racing mechanic. The one thing I don't like is all the reposes.. And no cores.. And how ugly Easter Thrillipede is... smilie
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 13:21:46 31/08/2015
I love the game but I'm not a fan of SuperChargers as a whole.
New characters look cool but are all rather similar compared to last year unique designs, vehicles are great, don't like the gimmick that much but they did come up with something rather creative with that concept in mind.

Not going to talk about reposes, bases, Cores, cards and so on since I don't think I would have anything nice to say about them but I definitely like the game, tha characters and the vehicles and that's what matters.

Kinda...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:04:48 31/08/2015 by Drek95
shortcut cooly Green Sparx Gems: 347
#5 Posted: 13:29:07 31/08/2015
What I like is how all the cores are remaded, how the racing is so cool, and that I that fast food is in skylands smilie smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#6 Posted: 13:45:20 31/08/2015
As a Skylanders fan, I'm really looking forward to play superchargers, however I would have loved the vehicles to have a minor role and being able to go through story mode without being forced to get into this gameplay style. I'm tired of reposes as well, I think new skylanders should have arrived instead of modified versions of characters which have been around for years.

On the good side, graphichs seem incredible and the fact you can play online is a great, great addition.

I hope they have more surprises for this game (like new characters which haven't been revealed yet).
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#7 Posted: 13:45:34 31/08/2015
  • KNOCK MECHANICS ARE BACK, OH YES! THE VV ENGINE SHOULD BECOME THE STANDARD JUST SO THESE ARE IN EVERY SKYLANDERS GAME
  • I'm so excited to mess with the TT characters in a game with Knock Mechanics and mess with the new characters'! And attacking while jumping with Knock Mechanics? Yess!.
  • Some of the new Skylanders look like they have fantastic gameplay and some have pretty cool designs. There are some that just make me go ECH (I don't understand any of the hype behind Astroblast?) but I definitely still prefer this to the Giants roster and the characters I like, I really like.
  • The on-foot level design looks at least as good as SF, possibly better. (But it's so hard to judge when they only show the same parts of Cloud Kingdom over and over...)
  • I like the new checkpoint system. It should solve one of my issues with SF, that sometimes I got tired of levels because they were so long and quit before they got going.
  • The main story sounds like a good length as well.
  • I don't know how I feel about this compared to the TFB games, but it's definitely an improvement from SF artistically.
  • The racing looks pretty unique and fairly fun. Should be able to get nice playtime from the online races and it should be a cool distraction.
  • But I really wish there was online classic PVP.
  • And I hate how the roster of new Skylanders is so small.
  • And I don't think I like the implementation of vehicles in the main game.
  • And I'm kinda worried about bonus content outside of racing... Although a decent-length Survival would probably shut me up. smilie
  • And while I really like some of the ideas for the story, I don't like what I've seen of the characters/lore. Though it's barely anything, so I'm going to try keeping an open mind about it. I can't be too disappointed about this anyway, because after SF, I was expecting it.
  • I feel somewhat like this entry is being held back by all the focus on its gimmick and doesn't seem to progress the gameplay much.

Overall, it's a sorta mixed bag for me, but I'm trying to stay optimistic about the things I don't like. I think 2015 is a pretty poor year for gaming on Ninty's side and 2016 barely seems better, so I'm partially buying this to fill the gap, but also because I wanna try the racing (nobody I know plays MK8 anymore and it seems to be abandoned DLC-wise, plus SC racing does look different and fun with the health/attacking) and because of based Knock Mechanics.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:49:20 31/08/2015 by Arc of Archives
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 13:55:50 31/08/2015
^ AoA: I'm pretty much there with you. Mixed bag, but excited and concerned about similar areas. Perfection for me would be if they bring back Survival or other bonus rounds and/or PvP Battle Mode.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#9 Posted: 16:35:24 31/08/2015
People need to chill with this "small roster" stuff. There are 36 figures......not 18. The vehicles are part of the roster in this scenario. They will be pricey and took plenty of programming. Even if they did 10 more combos that ups it to 28/56. If we had that many we'd getting rants of how this was the most expensive game yet and how evil Activision was. As is, those rants have been minimized and with the smaller roster, even with a price hike, puts this game in a more affordable range then the last two for any completionists.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
skyfan124 Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#10 Posted: 17:56:25 31/08/2015
I think this is the best game in the series so far!!
---
smilie+smilie=SMASH-BLAST
Let's Rock+Ready, Set, Glow=Ready, Let's Glow
#11 Posted: 17:57:32 31/08/2015
Same here Skyfan!
---
#12 Posted: 19:19:57 31/08/2015
Quote: Earth-Dragon
People need to chill with this "small roster" stuff. There are 36 figures......not 18. The vehicles are part of the roster in this scenario. They will be pricey and took plenty of programming. Even if they did 10 more combos that ups it to 28/56. If we had that many we'd getting rants of how this was the most expensive game yet and how evil Activision was. As is, those rants have been minimized and with the smaller roster, even with a price hike, puts this game in a more affordable range then the last two for any completionists.

I respectfully disagree, being part of the roster means I can use them as part of forward compatibility. It's the same reason why I didn't include traps as the roster. Imagine all of that programming to code 46+ villains. I doubt people include traps in the roster--same thing for vehicles. Granted it's better value, but you're also paying more for them.

If someone is buying them all, the math does not lie. It is not cheap. With almost 50% in added variants it's basically $900 and I'm marginalizing how people get the Nintendo guys. I'll have to do the actual math later but I would say with the added cost of starter packs it's a wash cost wise for the completionist. I do agree Trap Team is still king of the tres cher club.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:22:34 31/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#13 Posted: 19:53:30 31/08/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Earth-Dragon

I respectfully disagree, being part of the roster means I can use them as part of forward compatibility. It's the same reason why I didn't include traps as the roster. Imagine all of that programming to code 46+ villains. I doubt people include traps in the roster--same thing for vehicles. Granted it's better value, but you're also paying more for them.

If someone is buying them all, the math does not lie. It is not cheap. With almost 50% in added variants it's basically $900 and I'm marginalizing how people get the Nintendo guys. I'll have to do the actual math later but I would say with the added cost of starter packs it's a wash cost wise for the completionist. I do agree Trap Team is still king of the tres cher club.

Agree, I won't consider vehicles as part of the roster. For me Skylanders and vehicles are totally different, both from gameplay and emotional points of view.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:56:17 31/08/2015 by angelg
#14 Posted: 20:20:40 31/08/2015
What TakeYourLemons said.

First of all it's 10 new Skylanders (12 characters if you also include Skymiibos).
Just like you don't include S2/3/4 when you count new characters I won't count revamps.

And vehicles aren't characters just like traps (which ironically enough contained playable characters).

Now let's do the math as Take rightfully said, considering only the actually new figures (excluding the variants and reposes) which are the ones I usually buy:

- PS4 Starter Pack: 70$
- 2 Adventure Packs: 50$
- 2 Expansions Packs: 60$
- 7 traps: 49$
- 15 Cores: 150$
- 15 Trap Masters: 225

TOTAL: 604$ (more or less)

Now let's consider SuperChargers:

- PS4 Starter Pack: 70$
- 3 Racing Action Packs: 105$
- 14 vehicles: 210$
- 8 or 9 (depends on which character will come with the Land Racing Action Pack) characters: 104/117$

Now let's also consider the Skymiibos (which I personally won't get but are still new characters) and their vehicles:

- Wii U Starter Pack: 70$
- 3DS or Wii Starter Pack: 65$

Oh and don't forget the Kaos Trophy which is apparently only available inside the Dark Starter Pack!
So it's another 100$.

TOTAL: 714$ (more or less)

And of course that's still without considering revamps which I won't buy but still unlock new content.

I know, there are Combo Packs and you can actually buy a different combination of Starter Packs but if you want to get everything then you reach the same total amount of money required to get everything out of Trap Team (even a bit more probably).

So please, stop saying this game is cheaper because not only is it pricier (or roughly the same price) but it is actually less consumer friendly.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:22:41 31/08/2015 by Drek95
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 00:46:54 02/09/2015
i made a lil' something. smilie

[User Posted Image]
#16 Posted: 00:48:36 02/09/2015
Oh thats pretty cool! Can you make one for Vehicles?

I noticed that they are not the same size as the ones. The artwork is extended. How did you do that?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:54 02/09/2015 by Luminous35
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#17 Posted: 01:04:28 02/09/2015
Zap, that is sweet. Would love to see something similar with the vehicles, as well. I can honestly say that I am more excited for this game than any of the others.
#18 Posted: 01:06:24 02/09/2015
if i could get the original images for the vehicles from the site or from imgur (they need to have no backgrounds) and the artworks i'll do one for the vehicles!
#19 Posted: 01:09:11 02/09/2015
How are the artworks extended?
---
#20 Posted: 01:12:17 02/09/2015
i used the tablet extension in the link to get the extended ones. then i just took some images of the toys from my computer and made it.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#21 Posted: 01:22:52 02/09/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

[User Posted Image]

Wow nice work buddy I like what you did hear. I really do hope that Thrillipede has wings or at least is fast then he'd be my solid favorite hands down.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#22 Posted: 01:31:53 02/09/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

[User Posted Image]

Sweet! Do you mind if I share it? I'll put a watermark in the corner with your username, just so people know it's yours when I post it somewhere else smilie
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#23 Posted: 01:36:06 02/09/2015
Why do people want Thrillipede to have wings again? Skylanders with wings usually suck.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#24 Posted: 01:37:32 02/09/2015
that is great work ZapNorris...well done. smilie ...big thumbs up bro
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#25 Posted: 01:38:33 02/09/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Why do people want Thrillipede to have wings again? Skylanders with wings usually suck.

Well not all winged characters suck and it's a bit of an aesthetic reason really. Wings would make him look cooler, give him speed and would make sense of his flying bee like vehicle. Also he could fly via jumping like smilie and smilie so he wouldn't have to waste a move.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 01:51:54 02/09/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617

Well not all winged characters suck and it's a bit of an aesthetic reason really. Wings would make him look cooler, give him speed and would make sense of his flying bee like vehicle. Also he could fly via jumping like smilie and smilie so he wouldn't have to waste a move.

Centipede's don't tend to have wings.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#27 Posted: 02:00:59 02/09/2015
Well Bionichute it's true centipedes don't tend to have wings, but he really doesn't look like a centipede since he doesn't have nearly as many legs a centipede would have and I'm aware that this is a fantasy game. Also I know centipedes since I'm a big bug fan and read on all kinds of bugs since I was a child. I do understand your point though and acknowledge your point.
---
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#28 Posted: 02:14:46 02/09/2015

Well Bionichute it's true centipedes don't tend to have wings, but he really doesn't look like a centipede since he doesn't have nearly as many legs a centipede would have and I'm aware that this is a fantasy game. Also I know centipedes since I'm a big bug fan and read on all kinds of bugs since I was a child. I do understand your point though and acknowledge your point.

Thrillipede's got multiple legless segments attached to his thorax that resemble an abdomen, has six legs like an insect, ant-like antennae and chrysalis grenades. Buzz Wing's default mods fly like a dragonfly while his supercharged combo more closely resembles a wasp. He looks like a generic insect to me! His name's the odd one out here, as centipedes aren't insects : ) But many people don't bother to distinguish between insects and other terrestrial arthropods, so that's not a big deal.

While it's true that centipedes don't have wings, everything about his design except his name screams insect instead, so it would fit with his design to have wings. He also works without them, so it can go either way!
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#29 Posted: 02:57:10 02/09/2015
I'd just like to point out one thing.

You guys keep calling Thrillipede a centipede.

HE'S A MILLIPEDE.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#30 Posted: 03:00:05 02/09/2015
Quote: Quid

Thrillipede's got multiple legless segments attached to his thorax that resemble an abdomen, has six legs like an insect, ant-like antennae and chrysalis grenades. Buzz Wing's default mods fly like a dragonfly while his supercharged combo more closely resembles a wasp. He looks like a generic insect to me! His name's the odd one out here, as centipedes aren't insects : ) But many people don't bother to distinguish between insects and other terrestrial arthropods, so that's not a big deal.

While it's true that centipedes don't have wings, everything about his design except his name screams insect instead, so it would fit with his design to have wings. He also works without them, so it can go either way!

Why would Thrillipede be a centipede, anyway? I thought "Thrillipede" was a pun based off of "millipede".
---
Boop me if you see this.
#31 Posted: 03:01:16 02/09/2015
Millipede's also do not have wings.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#32 Posted: 03:06:27 02/09/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I'd just like to point out one thing.

You guys keep calling Thrillipede a centipede.

HE'S A MILLIPEDE.

You've got a good point there! Thrillipede does match the word millipede a lot better than centipede. That's probably what his name's from. His design, however? Not so much.

I've been glossing over the intricacies of Myriapoda in favour of pointing out that his design draws much, much more from insects, and it's really only his name that references the 'pedes.

Seeing as he's a mixture of all different species anyway, I would have loved it if they'd put a bit of centipede in him and given him a rockin' mustache smilie
#33 Posted: 03:11:40 02/09/2015
A mustache make from antenna would have been amazing and also would have fit with his "stunt pilot" theme.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#34 Posted: 03:34:52 02/09/2015
Oh darn sorry everyone I kept hearing Thrillipede being compared to a centipede when I meant millipede. My apologies to everyone there.
---
DeathBlade Yellow Sparx Gems: 1267
#35 Posted: 03:48:52 02/09/2015
I don't like it. AT. ALL.
---
Meh.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#36 Posted: 08:26:45 02/09/2015
Total cost? Hmm... For the true collector, one would obtain every figure/variant/repose.
$300 for 3 Dark Edition Starter Packs (Wii, Wii U, and Playstation)
$215 for 3 Starter Packs (3DS, Wii U, and Playstation)
$105 for 3 Racing Action Packs (Land, Sea, and Sky)
$35 for 1 Legendary Racing Action Pack (Sky)
$13 for 1 Frightful Single Pack (Fiesta)
$13 for 1 Easter Edition Single Pack (Thrillipede)
$13 for 1 Steel Plated Single Pack (Smash Hit)
$26 for 2 Legendary Single Packs (Bone Bash Roller Brawl, Hurricane Jet-Vac)
$30 for 2 Nitro Vehicle Packs (Stealth Stinger, Soda Skimmer)
$50 for 2 Double Packs (Stormblade and Sky Slicer, Dive Clops and Dive Bomber)
$30 for 1 Triple Pack (Shark Shooter Terrafin, Shark Tank, and Jet Stream)
$143 for 11 single packs (Smash Hit, Hurricane Jet Vac, Lava Lance Eruptor, High Volt, Splat, Big Bubble Pop Fizz, Fiesta, Bone Bash Roller Brawl, Thrillipede, Nightfall)
$160 for 10 Vehicle Packs (Thump Truck, Burn Cycle, Shield Striker, Splatter Spasher, Soda Skimmer, Crypt Crusher, Bone Buggy, Stealth Stinger, Buzz Wing, and Sea Shadow)
Edit: if I did my math correctly, it's $1,133 for the whole set.
You could probably take off 150-200$ ish by selling the extra Dark Spitfires, Dark Hot Streaks, and Kaos Cups, 10ish by selling the extra SS stealth elves. (You'll end up with 3, each after all), another $60-80 by selling the excess discs...
You can also factor in that I assumed everything not confirmed to be in a bundle is single exclusive, and shave off like, $20-30 or so... But, that's small potatoes
Quote: Deathblade
Drive Evil Crazy? No thanks, I'll walk (Away from this game)

Can you also walk (away from this Subforum)? Please?
No one wants to watch you walk into a thread, post something negative, then leave. Let's play a game. I say something in superchargers, and you tell me WHY it sucks, if you can't think of one, you'll admit it has SOME redeeming qualities. If I can't find something, I'll admit the game is terrible.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 08:52:42 02/09/2015 by juarmo
#37 Posted: 08:59:56 02/09/2015

Totally agree with ghostroaster and I would even go further, I love winged skylanders, to me they are among the best looking ones. I still remember how happy I was when I got to know about Knight Light, for years I have been wanting a winged "humanoid" warrior as a skylander. And yes, as a great a fan of winged characters I would love thrillipede to have wings. I don't think this is "impossible" as it hasn't been confirmed what kind of insect he is (despite he's name providing certain clues), however keep in mind a caterpillar has also a lot of "legs", and most caterpillars turn into butterflies. Even if he was a milipede or whatever, he could still have wings, everything is possible in skylands, from eagles flying with jet packs to unicorn/dragon hybrids.
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#38 Posted: 10:07:03 02/09/2015
Quote: Drek95
New characters look cool but are all rather similar compared to last year unique designs

I agree with Trap Team having a creative roaster. I LOVE Trap Team and it still looks like it will be that way. I love this games Viechles but the other stuff dosnt stand out neither do the new Skylanders. With the exception of Spitfire, High Volt, Thrilipede and Astroblast. This could have been my favorite roaster if only STT didn't come out first with a masterpiece of a roaster. Other than that I'm more on the positive side for the racing but I'm also worried for the classic Skylanders gameplay.
#39 Posted: 10:17:20 02/09/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
Quote: Drek95
New characters look cool but are all rather similar compared to last year unique designs

I agree with Trap Team having a creative roaster. I LOVE Trap Team and it still looks like it will be that way. I love this games Viechles but the other stuff dosnt stand out neither do the new Skylanders. With the exception of Spitfire, High Volt, Thrilipede and Astroblast. This could have been my favorite roaster if only STT didn't come out first with a masterpiece of a roaster. Other than that I'm more on the positive side for the racing but I'm also worried for the classic Skylanders gameplay.

Agree STT have an incredible roste, including villains. I'm also worried about the classic skylanders gameplay, hopefully we'll know it soon.
---
#40 Posted: 10:26:53 02/09/2015
I actually think knockback mechanics will improve Trap Team's characters abilities.
That was definitely one of V.V.'s greatest features and it's a pity it got removed in the last game.

I also have to say V.V.'s Skylanders might not be the best in terms of creativity and uniqueness (especially if they'll keep forcing themselves to stick to anthropomorphic or upright characters) but they always have amazing playstyles.

I'm personally not a fan of Fiesta's look but his moves are spectacular!
I absolutely give them credits for introducing really unique gameplays (Star Strike, Bumble Blast, Fryno, Zoo Lou, Dune Bug, Hoot Loop, Wind-Up) and happy TfB improved themselves even more in Trap Team by looking at some of SWAP Force characters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#41 Posted: 10:48:27 02/09/2015
Quote: DeathBlade
I don't like it. AT. ALL.

you're like the only one here who doesn't...
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#42 Posted: 10:52:47 02/09/2015
Anyone have the toy images. I'm missing some but I can't access them to get the on my computer. They have transparent backgrounds. Please. If you can get me all that would be great. I'm not sure where mine went, I've only got like 8 characters and vehicles in total! smilie Mayb have saved them somewhere else on my computer, but I can't find them! Please and thank you!
---
#43 Posted: 11:18:24 02/09/2015
Quote: SilverWolf2308
Anyone have the toy images. I'm missing some but I can't access them to get the on my computer. They have transparent backgrounds. Please. If you can get me all that would be great. I'm not sure where mine went, I've only got like 8 characters and vehicles in total! smilie Mayb have saved them somewhere else on my computer, but I can't find them! Please and thank you!

PM luminous35, he has most of them.
---
#44 Posted: 12:08:21 02/09/2015
Quote: angelg
Quote: SilverWolf2308

PM luminous35, he has most of them.

Ok thanks smilie
---
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#45 Posted: 12:23:08 02/09/2015
Guys, just in case it got glazed over by some of the juicier conversation topics afterward, I'd like to tell you all that I've calculated that the full set (Variants, Amiibo, Revamps) will run you around $1,133 (USD)... This DOES NOT include the Secondhand price of Golden Hot Streak... Good luck getting away with that!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#46 Posted: 12:32:47 02/09/2015
Quote: juarmo
Total cost? Hmm... For the true collector, one would obtain every figure/variant/repose.
You could probably take off 150-200$ ish by selling the extra Dark Spitfires, Dark Hot Streaks, and Kaos Cups, 10ish by selling the extra SS stealth elves. (You'll end up with 3, each after all), another $60-80 by selling the excess discs...
You can also factor in that I assumed everything not confirmed to be in a bundle is single exclusive, and shave off like, $20-30 or so... But, that's small potatoes

Thanks for doing this. Just for kicks, I want to document the total cost of Trap Team to a completionist collector. I really don't think there's a huge difference between the two.

EDIT: I see Drek's analysis, would like to see that for someone "getting them all" including traps.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:38:54 02/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#47 Posted: 12:40:36 02/09/2015
Guys, just in case it got glazed over by some of the juicier conversation topics afterward, I'd like to tell you all that I've calculated that the full set (Variants, Amiibo, Revamps) will run you around $1,133 (USD)... This DOES NOT include the Secondhand price of Golden Hot Streak... Good luck getting away with that!

Who's gonna go with the 100% collection of Superchargers? another question who here owns 80% or more of all the figures released so far?
---
#48 Posted: 12:49:06 02/09/2015
I actually calculated getting everything for Superchargers (Not including other non-dark starter packs and variants) and it only got up to around 800 dollars I think, while Trap Team (Also not including non-dark starter packs and variants) costed around 1200.

In Canadian money mind you.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#49 Posted: 14:11:10 02/09/2015
I own all the Skylanders and Variants, except Chase Variants (variants that aren't in-game variants). I still need a few SWAP Force Legendaries, and my Giants Minijini went missing :/ Also need the Air Minis and Life Minis for Trap Team, they haven't been released in Aus.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:11:44 02/09/2015 by SilverWolf2308
#50 Posted: 14:20:32 02/09/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Thanks for doing this. Just for kicks, I want to document the total cost of Trap Team to a completionist collector. I really don't think there's a huge difference between the two.

EDIT: I see Drek's analysis, would like to see that for someone "getting them all" including traps.

You mean all the sculpts variants included?

That would bump Trap Team's price a lot.

I think getting literally everything for both Trap Team and SuperChargers would probably make the former game the pricier.

But since the average customer is probably not an hardcore collector I guess it's safe to say Trap Team is generally consumer friendlier and the single fact two SuperChargers' characters are available only in specific Starter Packs (and aren't variants) should already be enough demonstrate it.

Quote: angelg

Who's gonna go with the 100% collection of Superchargers? another question who here owns 80% or more of all the figures released so far?

Depends on what you mean.
If you consider all the figures (including variants and chase ones, reposes, Lightcores and also items such as traps or Battle/Adventure Pieces) then I don't think I have more than 35/40% of them.

But if you meant "all the different character's figures" I can say I own the first release of each single Skylander (116).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me