Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
odds and ends [CLOSED]
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#1 Posted: 03:51:41 17/10/2008 | Topic Creator
These minor suggestions aren't all that necessary to implement, but it'd be nice if the solutions are a quick fix - mainly for convenience or aesthetic reasons.

Suggestion 1:
I often type the first few letters of the forum site link (//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/) to the address bar as a shortcut to get here, and I noticed that if you remove the last slash, you'd be unable to get to this site (//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro). Most websites recognize this little discrepency and directs you to the intended site anyways, but you'd get a 404 error if you don't add the dash in this case. Can it be fixed?

Suggestion 2:
Usually when you view a topic and go into several pages, the title of that topic is shown when you're browsing the directory of past links visited. For example, if this topic went on for two pages, I can hit the little arrow besides the "back" button on my internet explorer browser and see that one of the past pages I've viewed was entitled "odds and ends". However, in the "Stuff and Nonsense" forum, the title of any page I visit in that forum when I want to go back a few pages is always entitled "Stuff and Nonsense". This fix would be nice for people who goes from one web page to the next and later would like to know a specific page they've visited before. You can't recognize what threads you've viewed in the "Stuff and Nonsense" forum however.

Sorry it took some effort to describe those discrepencies. I guess I'm just picky. smilie
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#2 Posted: 10:37:06 17/10/2008
Suggestion 1: Sure, it should now do that.
Suggestion 2: I can't see a difference, they all give the same format title as far as I can tell.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5869
#3 Posted: 15:02:29 17/10/2008
bmah, stop trying to confuse people.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#4 Posted: 21:14:35 17/10/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks dark52. And don't worry about the second suggestion, as far as I'm concerned.

@Robo: I would say something sarcastic, but you should know better.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me