Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Tapatalk Mobile App [CLOSED]
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#1 Posted: 01:12:02 19/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Many darkSpyro users, myself included, enjoy browsing the forums on their smartphones when a desktop or laptop are not readily available. However, many of us can agree the site is not mobile-friendly and it can get frustrating doing what is so easy on, say, your household computer. Maybe even a tablet.

For those of you who don't know already, Tapatalk is a mobile app that allows you to browse multiple forums from one app with a more intuitive interface than the desktop-optimized webpage itself. It is available for Android smartphones/tablets, iOS devices, including but not limited to iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, Windows Phone 7/8, and BlackBerry 10.1 (because it's really a custom skin on Android 4.2.2.). I browse my favorite forum, xda-developers.com, from this app because it is SO much easier to use and they lack a WAP/mobile webpage.

Another advantage of this app is push notifications and the ability to remain logged in from the app whenever it is accessed (of course you can change this). You can receive notifications on your phone about guestbook posts and new private messages, something I would really like.

What do you guys think?
---
BREATHE AIR.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 01:32:21 19/03/2014
Great idea, but the site is still easy enough to navigate on mobile.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#3 Posted: 01:55:26 19/03/2014 | Topic Creator
The site should be viewed fluently on mobile. The site looks bad on iPhone and 4-inch screens or smaller.
---
BREATHE AIR.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#4 Posted: 22:28:14 19/03/2014
Quote: Matteomax

About 98 percent of the time I'm too lazy to use a computer.

I use a phone.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#5 Posted: 23:22:41 22/03/2014
Quote: Matteomax

try using it on an apple device and then tell me it's easy enough to navigate
#6 Posted: 16:53:40 25/03/2014 | Topic Creator
dark, I'm not letting this go by. Show us you care about suggestions, I didn't type this up to let it sink to hell. We provide you great ideas en masse and you just blow us off. Please be a more interactive admin and visit other forums than Skylanders which get enough attention already...
---
BREATHE AIR.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#7 Posted: 16:56:34 25/03/2014
It would be delightful if I could stop with the accidental posting that browsing DarkSpyro on phone have caused.
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#8 Posted: 07:10:08 26/03/2014
Yo yeah as a user with hardly any internet access but 24/7 access to my iPhone, I hardly use darkSpyro EVER anymore because it's a huge hassle. Impossible? No. But it takes a ton of zooming in and out and trying to navigate and press small buttons and it's just... more work than it's worth, you know?

I understand an app being too much but a mobile site, or at least just a way to view it in a way that isn't so difficult to use, would really, really be appreciated
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#9 Posted: 23:17:51 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Also, dark... Maybe create a WAP-friendly variant of the site. I have a 5-inch phone and it's funky editing text. We're waiting for you, bud.
---
BREATHE AIR.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#10 Posted: 04:05:35 28/03/2014
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
dark, I'm not letting this go by. Show us you care about suggestions, I didn't type this up to let it sink to hell. We provide you great ideas en masse and you just blow us off. Please be a more interactive admin and visit other forums than Skylanders which get enough attention already...

Wait at least 4 months for him to consider it.
Then give him a year to implement it, if he does.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#11 Posted: 09:46:00 28/03/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
Quote: CommanderGame
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor

Wait at least 4 months for him to consider it.
Then give him a year to implement it, if he does.

thats over exaggerating dont u think

more like an under estimation
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me