Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Re-Incarnation Games! The Classic Spyro Project!
Page 1 of 1
Re-Incarnation Games! The Classic Spyro Project! [CLOSED]
TheReptileGirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1197
#1 Posted: 00:47:52 17/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Hello! This is TheReptileGirl, the former concept artist for Project Frixion on the Spyro Movie. Are you a classic gamer fan? Do you miss the good ol' classic ps1 games with your favorite game characters, such as Crash Bandicoot, Croc, or even Spyro, and wish they could be back on the newer game consoles but yet have great graphics? Then you are in luck! Ladies and dragons, put your hands together for Re-Incarnation Games, made by yours truely! So far, we are a very, very small group (actually at the moment I am the only one OTL) but with your help we can bring the game to life!
The game we are working on is, yup you guessed it, the one and only who started the phenomenon, Spyro the Dragon! This is completely on your own time, and is all done for volunteer work! So far, we got very, very little done... But thats okay! Right now, we need modelers, artists, the "game planner" and so much more! Ill put a list below of who we need!

Concept artists
Environment Artists
3D modelers
Riggers
Animators
Renderers
Programmers (or basic programming!)
Sound makers
Sound rippers
Music rippers

Thats all we need! If you wish to contribute in any other way, please do so! We do not need ANY, I repeat, ANY voice actors. All voices and some sounds will be ripped straight from the game and into this one. Again, NO VOICE ACTORS!!!

You can check us out on our official DeviantART page here!
http://re-incarnationgames.deviantart.com/

Thanks again! Yours truly,
TheReptileGirl
---
It's a no from me.
#2 Posted: 02:42:57 20/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Here is some art to example with! All these pieces belong to me. Yes, they are pretty cruddy, but it is just samples.

Official Logo:

[User Posted Image]

Marco the Balloonist:9

[User Posted Image]

Crystal Dragon:

[User Posted Image]

Incomplete Spyro Model (Will make a new one)

[User Posted Image]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that concludes the art! Again, these all belong to me! Please hep re-create this game! All help is wonderful!

Please check out our DeviantART page!
http://re-incarnationgames.deviantart.com/

Thanks again, yours truly,
TheReptileGirl
---
It's a no from me.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 19:21:23 13/04/2014
And then Activision comes along and calls for copyright. smilie
Unless you rename it Goonro the Dragon? lol.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#4 Posted: 23:24:51 15/08/2014 | Topic Creator
That is why it is entirely non-profit and fan made so it doesn't get pulled down. It'll just be called Spyro the Rebooted Dragon, cause, well, obviously its just to give the ol games a fresh look.
---
It's a no from me.
#5 Posted: 02:08:42 17/08/2014 | Topic Creator
It has been very in-active, in reality, I'm the only person contributing... Nobody likes the classics anymore, they're all too busy playing with Skylanders.

I'd be grateful if you contribute in any way, I could care less if you are a bad or fantastic artist, all the effort counts.
---
It's a no from me.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#6 Posted: 21:58:51 17/08/2014
Wait, so....You say no voice actors, this leads me to believe it's just going to be OG Spyro, EXACTLY, no new story, but like, you'll do the story of the first game or whatever just with redesigns?

I kinda skimmed the OP so if it explained it there then I apologize for being a gosh dang fool
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#7 Posted: 05:40:56 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Pretty much. It's to give it a fresh new look, like updated graphics. I'm saying no new voice actors because in the first game, there was really no cut scenes other than freeing all 90 dragons.
---
It's a no from me.
VashtiWoodlawn Red Sparx Gems: 11
#8 Posted: 02:04:51 05/09/2014
I think some additions (no change to the gameplay or story) to the game could be the ability to swim, realistic water, places to break open and explore. Let the game have real world graphics. I would love to see that.
#9 Posted: 00:26:39 10/09/2014 | Topic Creator
That is what I've been attempting to do. I've been playing around with Blender Cycles, but I am still a newbie at rendering.

I would never change the story or game play though, the game is great as it is. I won't do swimming though, as it kinda ruins the first game, cause Spyro didn't learn how to swim until the second game.

I like the idea, however, of breaking into places for more exploration. I'll put a note in that.

I do hope you can try and spread the word about this though, because I need LOTS of help.
---
It's a no from me.
#10 Posted: 18:44:16 13/09/2014 | Topic Creator
hello everyone! Quick little update here, right now I have started modeling The Artisan's Home, and so far it looks pretty good!

Just letting you know, this isn't final. It is still unfinished and pretty basic.

[User Posted Image]

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------

Please, if anyone loves the classics and wishes to join in the fan creation, do not hesitate to ask! I am accepting anybody and everybody. The only thing I do not ask of is voice actors. Thank you.
---
It's a no from me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:44:56 13/09/2014 by TheReptileGirl
#11 Posted: 20:29:06 13/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Okay, now I have a HUGE update to give all of you! Everything you see here has all been done by me!

Gnasty Gnorc:

[User Posted Image]

Artisan's Gnorc:

[User Posted Image]

Classic Spyro Design:

[User Posted Image]

Blue Egg Thief:

[User Posted Image]

"The Journey Begins"

[User Posted Image]

Artisan's Home Map:

[User Posted Image]

And that is all! I hope you all are somewhat inspired!
---
It's a no from me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:11 13/09/2014 by TheReptileGirl
#12 Posted: 22:19:56 28/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Hello everyone! Giving just a small update here. We have recently gotten the newest Spyro model! Created by http://morganicism.deviantart.com/ he generously gave us his fantastic model build! It's a very basic rig, but we'll make a better one for more appropriate animation. There is also a new person coming onto the team, and h was lucky enough to stumble upon us. He is a recent graduate from game design, and asked to volunteer with the project!

Here is some of his amazing work:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Pretty cool, huh? Oh! And here is the Spyro model!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

If any of you want to join, just post on here and tell me what you would like to do!

Thanks!
---
It's a no from me.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#13 Posted: 03:33:24 30/11/2014
nice looks great but how are you going to get the rights from Acivision
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#14 Posted: 04:17:20 30/11/2014
You know, I would be more than happy to do the voice acting for free. I am actually very good at it. Please consider. smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
Skylark56 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#15 Posted: 11:59:49 30/11/2014
If the game is free, you don't need rights, its classed as a free fan-made game.
---
Finding Something New About Spyro Everyday!
#16 Posted: 15:55:42 30/11/2014 | Topic Creator
This is a non-profit project, absolutely no money goes into this what-so-ever.

We don't need voice actors at all.

EDIT

Thank you Skylark for justifying that, did not see your comment there.
---
It's a no from me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:32 30/11/2014 by TheReptileGirl
#17 Posted: 17:19:54 30/11/2014
Nice, I like your drawings. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:51:50 30/11/2014 by WilltheWizard
#18 Posted: 19:34:59 30/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Anyways, for now I am currently designing an improved Artisans home world and re-designing the statues. Each time you enter a new home world, the statues will be different. If there is a beast maker dragon, there will be statues in the form of a beast maker, if a magic crafter dragon, it will be in the form of a magic crafter! All 80 dragons will NOT have their own unique statue, but instead have the're own unique statue type.
---
It's a no from me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:11 30/11/2014 by TheReptileGirl
#19 Posted: 19:57:34 30/11/2014
Quote: TheReptileGirl
Will, that is not what I said. In fact, now that you put such a bs reply, you aren't even close to consideration. At all.

Way to go champ, you blew it.

Anyways, for now I am currently designing an improved Artisans home world and re-designing the statues. Each time you enter a new home world, the statues will be different. If there is a beast maker dragon, there will be statues in the form of a beast maker, if a magic crafter dragon, it will be in the form of a magic crafter! All 80 dragons will NOT have their own unique statue, but instead have the're own unique statue type.

Thanks!

Sorry, I had to. I am sorry.
---
#20 Posted: 01:53:48 01/12/2014
this looks awesome kind of like my failed remake.....
---
#21 Posted: 02:16:48 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Would you like to participate in this project? If so, what is your main skill?
---
It's a no from me.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#22 Posted: 03:42:36 01/12/2014
so when do u expect a playable build

releasing a playable spyro gliding demo
#23 Posted: 03:51:36 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
You DO realize that we are still scripting and discussing the map building, right?
---
It's a no from me.
#24 Posted: 03:54:20 01/12/2014
You DO realize that we are still scripting and discussing the map building, right?

i asked when r u anticipating release a geographical map test

make a spyro the remake beta twitter

i'd totally sub 2 it
#25 Posted: 03:58:58 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
That won't be for a while. Morgan and I are discussing on how the game engine would work.

An early beta release wont be seen until late May 2015.
---
It's a no from me.
#26 Posted: 04:02:13 01/12/2014
That won't be for a while. Morgan and I are discussing on how the game engine would work.

An early beta release wont be seen until late May 2015.

****, you don't know what you're doing man.....
#27 Posted: 17:19:00 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
We are using the blender game engine, and are figuring out how many FPS it can handle, and being able to convert it to to the Unreal engine. We are deciding whither the game should have a more realistic feel to it, or make it more toonish, but also having some lush environments. Designing a game is hard, nobody said this was going to be easy.

Say what ever you want. I'm done arguing with you.
---
It's a no from me.
#28 Posted: 17:44:40 01/12/2014
yeah i would like to contribute.anyway my main skill is programing
---
#29 Posted: 17:54:33 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Could you give me some examples of your programming skills? What programs do you use? Are you familiar with blender by chance?
---
It's a no from me.
#30 Posted: 17:57:18 01/12/2014
im familiar with blender and i use unity...i will show you some examples soon as i finish it
---
#31 Posted: 01:19:02 02/12/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

First concept design of a Peacekeeper dragon statue. We decided to keep the original statues as artisans, as they seem to resemble them more than the other dragons, and to give off a little nostalgia.

Enjoy the small update!
---
It's a no from me.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me