Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 8 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24
High School vs. Aliens (Private)
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#351 Posted: 04:37:08 25/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel chuckled softly. "And I've never really had a conversation with someone who wasn't all about fun," she told her. Humming softly in thought, she said, "Maybe we'll rub off on each other a bit."
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#352 Posted: 04:47:35 25/03/2014
"Oh, sure. I will go back home a changed person, attempting to make the workplace less serious, and everyone will stare at me like I'm an alien." Syndral joked, and actually chuckled lightly at the remark.

She then paused, lost in thought. Oh my, the humans are already affecting my behavioral patterns. This is intriguing and also unsettling. I can't allow such a feat. Why, If I go back home a changed alien, my kind may very well shun me. Allowing such an inferior species to affect my natural habits, I would lose the respect I worked so hard to earn. One is supposed to remain serious while working, no matter what. I can't allow this parasitic and idiotic race to conform me to their ways. No matter how intriguing one of them may be, I must remind myself that I am here on a mission. Work must be top priority, I just stated as such myself. I must remember this. If this human, or possible Brotherhood member, continues to have this effect on me, then I will have no choice but to eliminate her. I can not botch my mission.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:25:14 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#353 Posted: 05:00:12 25/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel chucked softly in return, oblivious to Syndral's internal battle with herself. "We're all aliens here," she told her with an amused expression. And in reality, they certainly were, in ways she was ignorant of.

((OOC: What is this?! Are my posts getting shorter?! D: smilie))
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
#354 Posted: 05:07:06 25/03/2014
Syndral gave a sort of nervous chuckle to that. "Yes, true..." She said quietly. She sighed, and hoped her nervous energy wasn't too obvious. She didn't want to give herself away, as doing so would mean failure in her mission. Failure never suited well with Syndral. She especially hated to fail a mission. Knowing this, she also knew what her job entailed, and what she would have to eventually do. Syndral had to remind herself that Rachel was the enemy. Regardless of the girl's race, she would have to eradicate her eventually.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:27:42 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#355 Posted: 05:14:08 25/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel simply offered a soft smile, glancing at the teacher every now and then who seemed to be giving the students an opportunity to get to know each other. Now content in knowing that she wasn't holding a conversation while the teacher was trying to instruct the class, she let her thoughts wander a bit again. It was nice to have someone around who seemingly understood her better than anyone else. Of course, Syndral also seemed to have the same problem with starting conversations as she did, which made their exchanges back and forth a little awkward, from anyone else's point of view, but she didn't mind in the slightest. Who said there were any rules to conversation?
---
#356 Posted: 05:28:52 25/03/2014
Syndral decided to lay her thoughts and concerns about her job to rest. It was only her first day at this Earth school, so there was no real reason to be so distraught this early on. She should have plenty of time to study this human before she would have to experiment on her or destroy her.

As she gazed at Rachel, she wondered what the human was thinking. She had yet to meet one that would actually go into deep thought about anything, and Syndral found it intriguing. She was curious about a lot of things involving Rachel. She wanted to learn more about her, but the class didn't last forever, and Syndral wasn't sure if she would even see Rachel again later that day.

Did they even have more than one class together? Syndral guessed it didn't matter either way. She would still see Rachel for history class regardless. Still, she wanted to see her more often than that, which surprised her, as such a desire was rare for Syndral. However, Rachel was just so fascinating, so unlike the other humans. They just seemed to connect and understand each other. She doubted she would find another human like that.

Syndral began to wonder if this was the beginning or the start of the basic foundation required to form a human friendship. She also wondered if she even wanted this human friendship for herself and if such a relationship was even a wise choice. How do humans even start such a relationship and form such a bond? If it wasn't through work, then how? Was it stated clearly, or just assumed? Syndral didn't know, but she wanted to. She wanted some confirmation that she had somehow succeeded with bonding with this girl. She assumed she had, but how could she be sure? Would Rachel willingly speak to her again tomorrow, or would they simply go back to an awkward silence? Syndral wasn't sure if she should ask for friendship, or just let it happen. What was the human custom?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:31:03 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#357 Posted: 12:12:30 25/03/2014
OOC: *Whew!* For a second there, I thought Zurgon was actually considering giving away his identity to Ms. Espinoza. Ha ha, silly me and my paranoia... right?...

"Oh, thank you, Shane!" Ms. Espinoza replied, flicking her hair back again. "So I guess you can see past all those gray streaks, huh?" The teacher would be deemed quite intriguing to other aliens. Not many humans can laugh at themselves, concerning anything that could disrupt their vast pride.

She looked away at Nathan when he came next to Shane. "Oh, hey, Nathan! Kids in this period not too interesting, huh?"

--

Eventually Mort came up to the front, introducing himself in the same manner as last time, thankful that there wouldn't be any face-touching or cheek-pinching on Mr. White's part. That would be rather uncharacteristic of him.
While he talked, he gave repeated glances at Mr. White, hoping to see any signs of recognition, and to give him signs of recognition.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 20:00:02 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5705
#358 Posted: 22:41:33 25/03/2014
((Gee! Slow down! smilie

Recapppp? smilie))
#359 Posted: 22:59:30 25/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Everyone's still just getting to know each other. :3 Classes haven't changed yet, either.))

Mr. White hadn’t been able to immediately identify Morph amongst the other students sitting in the classroom, simply because he was not aware of what his alias looked like. He had been aware, at least, of Morph’s involvement in this mission. The Order had not given him this information up front, of course. Its secrecy even among its members is what made it the practically impenetrable organization that it was. Elim had to admire this trait, but it still made it frustrating sometimes.

He’d had to inquire – several times – as to what other members would be a part of this mission. In truth, there were probably more than he could count, all scattered across the world working to penetrate human society. Still, he’d managed to learn what other members he’d be in direct contact with during this mission. These members included Morph and Syndral. He was familiar with the two, and had even shared the same mission every now and then. In all honesty, though, Elim was happy for any company in this world.

It hadn’t been until this one student – Mort – began introducing himself in front of the class that he began to suspect that one of his colleagues was with him. This boy kept throwing him significant glances, and not ones of curiosity or the like. They were more like an unspoken message.

Elim felt confident that this student was, in truth, a member of the Order, but he had to be sure. Raising his hand in the motion of adjusting his glasses, he activated a specific setting in the said glasses. They were mostly used for displaying information, but had a few other purposes, as well. One was changing the spectrum of light that he could see. Through the glasses, he could see certain spectrums of light such as infrared, ultraviolet rays, etc. This could be useful to him in varying ways, but right now he was using it to see past Morph’s façade of false projections of light, seeing his colleague for what he truly was.

He said nothing, of course, or made any indication of acknowledgement of this new information. The alien simply returned his glasses to their normal setting, sending ‘Mort’ a single glance of understanding. Elim held back a sigh of relief. It was good not to be alone in this place.
---
#360 Posted: 23:43:03 25/03/2014
Ryo sighed as he kept listening. He then suddenly shot up his hand.
"May I be excused?" He asked shakily, acting really weird.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#361 Posted: 00:13:01 26/03/2014
Seytrius laughed at Zurgon's comment. "No kidding, they're pretty boring. None of them seemed even a little interesting." He said, wondering if this human was also an alien. He's been doing that for every human he's came upon.
---
#hu
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#362 Posted: 00:21:16 26/03/2014
Shane sunk back in his seat, looking quite puzzle after his teacher had spoken. "Huh, Odd....I didn't notice a single gray hair...No matter, So, what's on the agenda today, Ms.E?" He hoped he wouldn't have to dissect anything this year, he hated cutting animals open and dissecting them, he felt bad for the creature, he felt as if they weren't given enough of a chance on the planet.

He had then turned over to Seytrius, giving a nod at his comment. "Yea, I know! Booooooorrriiing! But I am enjoying this class so far." He then swung his head back in the direction of Ms. E, awaiting an answer from her.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#363 Posted: 00:25:42 26/03/2014
Seytrius nodded also, agreeing easily with his comment. "I've always been interested in science. It fascinates me." He says.
---
#hu
#364 Posted: 00:52:36 26/03/2014
OOC: I love hearing information about alien species, or any creature, for that matter. I've always been intrigued by a species' morphology, behavior, culture, and even chemistry (if one has ever gone that deep into an alien race). It would be unlikely that an alien would have the exact same chemistry as Earth; water could be deadly poisonous, and mercury could be a necessity. They would just be so different from what we would expect. That's why I get so annoyed when people say they're searching for life on Earth-like planets, as if that's the only place where life could be sustained. Look at all the extreme conditions creatures like the water bear can thrive in! I believe that life could be sustained anywhere, with their own stable (at least somewhat) chemistry. In gas giants, stars, hot or cold, or even in the vacuum of space, I think life can find a way.
Great, now I'm getting deep...

"Oh, I'm glad to hear that, Nathan! Science is one of my greatest passions!" Ms. Espinoza replied, nodding her head. "As for today, nothing, really. I just want you to get to know your fellow classmates. We'll be doing partner experiments together all year!" She was quite excited about her mentioning of experimentation.

--

At Mr. White's subtle but meaningful glance, Mort gave a small smile.
You're not alone in this world, "Mr. White", he thought as he plopped back in his own seat. He wondered how many emotions his race had that were similar to humans': smiling with pleasure or joy, frowning with discontent, bearing teeth when enraged, and even flushing from embarrassment.

Luckily, Morph's disguise wasn't programed to recognize his bluish, full body flush. The light refraction did not show his change in color or even replace it with the bizarre bright crimson the earthlings' faces tended to become. He was grateful for this, for two reasons: one being the fact that Kwuerks often flush from guilt. It hadn't been easy keeping that in check during covert missions that didn't require such an elaborate disguise. The other was just him not wanting people to know that he's embarrassed. It makes for a rather unpleasant feedback loop, being embarrassed, and then being called out for being embarrassed.

Then again, his two thousand brothers seemed to enjoy doing the same thing to each other. It was yet another similarity between his kind and the humans... minus the thousands of offspring from only a hundred mating pairs...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:13 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#365 Posted: 01:02:35 26/03/2014
ooc: Yeah, that makes sense. I haven't gotten that deep into Syndral's race yet, but I will eventually, and her species chemistry will be different, in order for them to thrive on their harsh planet. Their planet, which doesn't have a name yet, is excruciatingly hot and dry. Active volcanoes, and pools or lava are abundant there. There are even chances of the planet raining down fire and acid onto the planet. The days are long, with a scorching sun, and the nights are short, and also still hot. Even the creatures native to the planet aren't too friendly. So, yeah, her race needs to be tough to live there. But they love their planet. They hardly get visitors because of how brutal it is, which is why they like it so much. xD
---
#366 Posted: 01:16:42 26/03/2014
//As you can see, I've been explaining little bits of Zurgon's home planet and his race, his home planet is Xenos, wanna know something weird? I just made that name up....I then looked it up on Google....It's Greek for Alien.//
---
#367 Posted: 03:02:43 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
When her conversation with Syndral trailed off, Rachel didn’t say anything about it. If one of them found something to talk about, then they’d do it. She saw nothing wrong with just sitting there enjoying each other’s company, even if no words were being spoken. It was a natural silence, not one forged out of awkwardness or anything; it was simply that neither of them had anything to say at the moment.

Figuring it would last that way for a little while, Rachel dug into her binder and pulled out a sheet of notebook paper and pencil. She began doodling idle little things here and there on the paper, like the characters from Spy vs. Spy. All the while, she kept an ear open in case Syndral continued their discussion again, which Rachel figured there was a 50/50 chance of that happening.

As she sketched little black and white spies all over her paper, her thoughts didn’t wander back to Syndral much. She acknowledged her presence, and was ready to continue their chopped conversation, of course, but the other girl wasn’t on her mind at the moment. While she was certainly curious about the student sitting next to her, she tended to focus her entire being in her drawings, like she did when she did her schoolwork. Only when she set down her pencil and glanced at the clock did Rachel turn to Syndral once again, silently inquiring if there was anything else that she wanted to talk about.

- - -

Mrs. Lansford turned to Ryo with a slightly worried expression on her face. “Are you alright? Feeling sick?” she asked. As she looked at him, she was silently contemplating whether the boy was actually not feeling well, or if he was faking it. As both a teacher and a mother, it was necessary for Mrs. Lansford to be adept at detecting such things.

- - -

After Mort had taken his seat, Mr. White started rambling off the instructions he had given the two previous classes; same page, same assignment, same lecture of ‘you’d better do your best on it’. After instructing the class, he sat down at his desk and continued with grading the papers from the previous classes. Every now and then he would glance up to make sure his students were behaving before returning to his work.

There were a few times where Elim had to take a moment to stop from lightheadedness, a side effect of the beginning stages of his dehydration. In humans, such a thing would take days, but not for the alien who needed almost constant access to water in order to survive. It agitated him, but didn’t worry him yet. He’d gone much longer without water, only in this case, he had to worry about any suspicious behavior of his. He shook off the dizziness he felt irritably, returning to grading assignments.
---
#368 Posted: 03:33:09 26/03/2014
As Rachel got out pen and paper and began to doodle, Syndral watched with curiosity and interest. She blinked in confusion, having no idea or understanding for what these things were that Rachel was drawing, or why she was drawing them. Were they robots? Was this an idea for a future project? No, that didn't seem possible. The drawings seemed too silly, and Rachel clearly stated that she was not highly skilled with machines. So what were they then?

These doodles didn't seem to involve work in any way, at least not as far as Syndral could tell. It seemed to be something someone did out of amusement for moments of idleness. Such an act was foreign to Syndral. Her race was rarely idle with no work to be done, as they always manged their time wisely and found something to do. Even so, they were not much of a race to take time to enjoy a time of leisure. They did not perform activities for pleasure, and instead found such pleasure in their work. So these doodles Rachel was drawing completely lost her.

Syndral wondered if she should ask what they were, what she was doing, or just leave her be. On her home planet, interrupting one while they were working was greatly frowned upon. One could be punished for keeping someone from their work. Still, this was Earth. Humans were different. They seemed more relaxed and cared more for fun. However, Rachel seemed to take work seriously, much like her race, so she wondered if bothering her would invite any hostility.

However, then she noticed Rachel put her pencil down and glance at her, as if silently asking if Syndral wanted to continue the conversation. That put her mind at ease. Syndral wouldn't feel uncomfortable asking about her drawings now. At least, she hoped Rachel hadn't been working on an important project that wasn't any of her business. Her race was so private about their work, but she figured humans weren't the same.

"What were you drawing just now?" Syndral asked curiously.
---
#369 Posted: 03:55:22 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
“Oh, just the characters from Spy vs. Spy,” Rachel told her. “They come from a comic that was from the 1960s, and that was later adapted into a TV show. Have you ever seen it before? It’s sort of like Tom and Jerry; the White Spy and the Black Spy are always trying to best each other.. in ways that usually involve a lot of explosives.” She chuckled at this.

Turning to retrieve her paper, she pointed out the two spies, both of whom looked exactly the same apart from their color. “They’re part of two rivaling embassies, one black and one white. So they’re always fighting each other because they’re on opposite sides. Sometimes they’re fighting over some ‘Top Secret’ information, other times they’re going out of their way to make the other suffer. It’s a simplistic little cartoon, but I like it.

“The thing I like most about it, I think, is how the two spies are pretty much the same. I mean, apart from their clothes and allegiances. They’re both about evenly matched and they both have roughly the same personality; they’re so similar that you don’t even find yourself rooting for either one of them.”

With a sheepish shrug, she said simply, “It’s just something I like.”
---
#370 Posted: 04:18:16 26/03/2014
Syndral quietly stared at the drawing as she listened to the explanation given. It sounded sort of barbaric and primitive. Two creatures trying rivaling each other and always trying to kill each other through such extreme measures. So much alike, yet enemies at the same time, always at war with each other. She knew her race would hate such a thing, watching such barbaric behavior for amusement.

Still, the spy part of the description didn't sound too vastly different from the missions Syndral was sometimes assigned. Getting Top Secret information, infiltration, assassination, Syndral had done all sorts of jobs for the Order. She always took her job seriously, always performed her best work, was loyal and obedient to her superiors, and would perform a task no questions asked. The more she thought about it, the more it seemed that she was a spy for the Order, just someone who was an alien and was actually good at her job.

"I see." Syndral replied simply, not entirely sure what to make of it. "I have never heard of it before. The people back home would probably dislike such ridiculous behavior while on a job, and would much rather be working than watching something like that. So I've never really seen it before." She shrugged, not sure what to say about it. She didn't want to seem too weird for having never watched a cartoon before, but it was the truth, as it was considered a waste of time on her planet. Syndral wasn't even sure if she would like such a thing. It didn't seem likely.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:36:22 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#371 Posted: 04:34:35 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"Oh," was Rachel's simple reply again. Only this time, she added more to it. "Is that all people do where you're from? Work? I mean, you just make it sound like that's all that's important to the people from where you're from." She added the last part hastily, having thought she sounded rude. As she thought more about it, she continued thoughtfully, "I mean, work's really important.. more important than a lot of people seem to think. But isn't there something else you do? Anything..?"

She trailed off there. In all honesty, she was a little confused about what Syndral was telling her. She supposed that things could be a lot more strict where she's from. That was another thing: where was she from? Rachel didn't want to just blatantly ask her that, but the things she was talking about was making her start to wonder. All she really heard about from Syndral was about work and.. well, work. It hadn't seemed unusual to her at first. She thought that maybe it was because of how she was raised; that maybe her parents had always been consumed with work, and therefore she was, as well. But now, it seemed as if the other girl had never even thought about having fun every now and then. It was strange, and while it didn't necessarily deter her in any way, it made her more than a little curious.
---
#372 Posted: 04:51:40 26/03/2014
Syndral had to pause and think about this for a moment. She had to handle this situation delicately. If she wasn't careful, she feared she could give herself away. She knew talking to humans was a bad idea. She knew she could never fit in here. She was just too anti-social, too serious, too focused on work. She couldn't relate to the fun that humans liked to have, and didn't know how to react when enjoyment and pleasure were presented to her. Now she had to think of what to say, how to handle this situation.

"Well... It's true we are generally very work oriented." Syndral muttered, a little more awkward now. She hoped she wouldn't end up completely ruining her mission. Darn it. That's what Rachel was talking about, thinking only about work. She needed to stop that while on Earth, or she would up discovered for sure.

"However, we do have certain other activities that we take part in. Back home, we generally like to hold some sort of contest or challenge to test one's intelligence and see who has the brightest mind. Also, since a lot of people back home are into technology, we hold contest to see who has invented or created the best kind. Those who build robots may even battle them, if they are programmed to do so. These events may not occur often, but it is always good to keep one's mind sharp and on par with your peers, as well as not allowing your inventions to fall too far behind others' capabilities. Plus, inventions such as robots have to be tested somehow, and they are often used against each other." Syndral explained.

She was vaguely telling the truth about her home planet here. Such events were possible, but rare, and usually all business. But she had to think of something that sounded fun. Except she didn't feel comfortable with lying. She didn't want to pretend to be interested in or understand something, and then be called out for lying later on. It was best to be vague, but be somewhat honest. However, without revealing the truth, that was hard. She feared Rachel would ask about where she was from.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:16 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#373 Posted: 08:10:18 26/03/2014
Ryo looked at Mrs. Lansford and nodded.

"Yeah. I got a really bad headache and I feel like I am going to puke...." he lied. He did have a headache, but it was caused by odd reason. And getting tormented can possibly make a person feel sick, but Ryo didn't feel that. Just a bit of stress and a hint of anger.
#374 Posted: 12:14:21 26/03/2014
OOC: That must have been creepy, Lunarz. Maybe the media is imprinting things in us and we don't know it? smilie
I'm a bit disappointed that no one pointed out my "not alone in this world" parody, though.

Mort flipped through the pages in his book, looking for the right place. Looking at the equations, he knew that it wouldn't be a problem figuring them out.
Ah, okay. This should be easy, he thought. Morph, being a covert agent, needed to be well grounded in the necessary mathematics. Although math wasn't either his strong or weak suit, some members of his species' intellect was more developed than the humans'. How it was developed, however, was credited by the way his species reproduce.

A typical population only consists of about a hundred mating pairs. This was due to the fact that of the thousands of males a couple create at one time, only one or two females are born among them. The females, when sexually mature, would choose a male from another family as their partner. They would observe every male from every family, until she finds one who suits her.

Before all this, the females are specially trained to find, what they considered, the "perfect specimen." The healthiest, smartest, most fertile, etc. This was important-- extremely important-- because one mating pair accounts for a whole chunk of his race's population. The population needs healthy, smart, and, for the few that are chosen, fertile males to have full potential. Males make up 99% of his kind.

Despite this, the female rarely leaves her mate for another, healthier specimen. They form a pact where they would never leave each other, dedicating their lives to supplying their kind with creating and schooling offspring that will make up the future. It was their culture. A mated pair was something that was never meant to be broken.
Even then, a female shouldn't be mated to just anyone. Again, they need to keep their species strong.

Looking up at Mr. White, he noticed that he was occasionally giving a brief pause, shaking his head as if to shake something out, and then returning to his work. Morph was thrown off by this. Was he getting a headache? Then he remembered that Elim's kind relied on water constantly in their surroundings. Was he feeling sick from dehydration? Why doesn't he just get up and get some from those Earth fountains?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:29:35 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#375 Posted: 16:36:43 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
“That sounds interesting,” Rachel told her. In truth, she still felt that Syndral’s explanation of these activities was still work-oriented, but she didn’t press further. While she had every right to be curious, she felt that it wasn’t her place to question and analyze the aspects of wherever Syndral had come from. Honestly, it sounded like a very interesting place. The place probably had a lot more productivity in its students, she thought humorously.

The question still nagged at her, though. Where did Syndral come from? It seemed like a simple and innocent question, yet for some reason Rachel refrained from asking it. Maybe it was because of the way Syndral seemed to close off more when she was talking about her home. If it was something she didn’t want to talk about, Rachel didn’t want to press, even if she was inquisitive about the subject. So she simply trailed off again, nodding thoughtfully about what Syndral had described earlier.

- - -

Mrs. Lansford was still skeptical, but said, “You should head down to the office, then. Here’s a hall pass.” She dug something out of her desk and handed it to Ryo. She wasn’t entirely sure whether his claims were genuine or not, but she figured, Why would he be trying to find an excuse to leave now, of all times? It wasn’t as if they were even doing anything at the moment; just introducing each other and talking about what was going to happen over the course of the school year. So she let him go, more concerned now with what was ailing the boy.

- - -

Elim had quickly decided that he hated this planet. Not necessarily in terms of its people – though he really didn’t like them, either – but its climate. The humidity was always too low, the sun was always too bright, it rained far too little… It seemed that everything about this planet was set on making him suffer. It might have been tolerable if he didn’t have to be so damned secretive about what he was, but it seemed even the aspects his own mission were working against him this time.

On his own planet, the air was so humid that every breath you took practically gave you a lung-full of water. The sun – most of the time you couldn’t even tell there was a sun – was practically always covered by overcast skies. And the rain! It was a constant downpour that never seemed to stop. He loved it all… He missed it all.

Mr. White closed his eyes for a moment, pinching the bridge of his nose as he let out a soft sigh, taking a moment to escape the world he was trapped in. The air itself seemed so dry, like sand going down his throat. It hurt to breathe this foreign air. He’d even found himself blinking more often than usual, trying to protect his eyes from this harsh environment; both the arid air and the too-bright sunlight.

He wasn’t sure he could endure this. The mission itself was not terribly bothersome but this planet – This planet… This planet was its own kind of torture, for someone of his kind, anyways. Elim wondered how his colleagues were faring in this environment. He prayed, for their sakes, that they were doing better than he was.
---
#376 Posted: 19:35:15 26/03/2014
Ryo grabbed the pass and headed to the office. He suddenly paused to find shadows of others around him. He growled, knowing it was only his mind, but he also cried a bit. Before he took another step, he crumbled to his knees, but got up, a sudden smirk on his face.
#377 Posted: 20:49:06 26/03/2014
Morph would have been nearly done with the pretest, but he couldn't stop thinking about Elim and looking back up at him. The way his eyebrows creased in frustration, how he kept leaning over somewhat, when he pinched the bridge of his nose... he was obviously in pain, he thought. He hadn't heard much about the amphibian's planet, but he did know it was abundant with the moisture he so craved.

Trying to think of a solution that wouldn't arose suspicion, and finding none, Morph returned to his assignment, but did so quicker than before. He felt alarmed. His comrade's discomfort unnerved him. Elim wouldn't be able to function properly as a spy when compromised by his physical limitations. He hoped that he would be okay.

Mort set down his pencil, pushing the sheet aside, pausing for a moment, and decided to flip it over with the answers facing down, weary of the teenagers' antics. He didn't take too kindly to cheaters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:53 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#378 Posted: 21:09:11 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
When Elim finally snapped himself back to reality, he stared down at the papers he was grading. His eyes weren't focusing on the print; rather, he was simply thinking of the others, Morph and Syndral. He had yet to see Syndral, but she was no doubt seething with frustration in this place. While he didn't claim to know her well, he knew how her race tended to be. These human customs must be infuriating her. He made a mental note to see how she was faring, and, if necessary, remind her not to kill anyone; in public, at least.

With that decided, the alien's thoughts drifted to his associate that was right in front of him. Glancing up at him, the 'Mr. White' part of him took note that he had finished his assignment - no surprise there - but the true man behind the mask was pondering other things more related to the 'student' himself. Elim didn't claim to know Morph any better than he knew Syndral. If anything, he knew even less about him than their reptilian comrade. It made him wonder how he was dealing with operating on Earth. For himself, it was the climate that bothered him. For Syndral, it was the people and their cultures. What was it that bothered Morph about this place? There had to be something. Was it the planet itself? Its people? A combination of both..?
---
#379 Posted: 21:15:30 26/03/2014
Ryo dropped the note in the trash to be sarcastic and winked at the secretary as he walked back to class. He opened the door and sat down.

"I feel fine now...." he mumbled in a much darker voice, still a bit of a wicked smile on his face.
#380 Posted: 21:16:06 26/03/2014
/Is it almost next slot? I can't think of anything else to write about ATM, My brain is just dead.//

Zurgon began to get anxious, curious about his next class, this....Gym. Who was Gym? Was he the leader of the class? He wasn't too sure, but he decided to let it go, he'd find out soon enough. Around the classroom teenagers were laughing and talking loudly, a single window was located near the teacher's desk, it allowed rays of sunlight to shine into the otherwise darkened classroom, the lights that had been installed in the class weren't too great, fairly dim, obviously cheap, Perhaps the school was more focused on sports or academics than it's lighting problem...Zurgon smiled as he never had to wonder about such menial things on his home planet, his species worked quick and tried to make everything perfect, if there was an imperfection it would be solved immediately.

"I thought Jim was spelled with a 'J'" He whispered to himself, a puzzled look on his face.

//I don't understand any of Ryo's actions, You do know what 'bipolar' means, don't you? it's not an instant change every few seconds to odd emotions that are....Odd, to say the least. Also, I think we're on the second floor, so I'm not sure where the secretary came from smilie//
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:30 26/03/2014 by Lunarz
#381 Posted: 21:17:19 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Yeah, it's almost time to switch classes. :3))
---
#382 Posted: 21:18:57 26/03/2014
(How many periods are there? I am working on a schedule))
#383 Posted: 21:20:04 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: The schedule format is on the first page of the roleplay. :3))
---
#384 Posted: 21:25:44 26/03/2014
(Can I share a schedule with Rachel, but make my elective band? Her schedule was what I was thinking of...its odd....)
#385 Posted: 21:32:10 26/03/2014 | Topic Creator
((OOC: Well, some of Ryo's classes that he's already had for this for this first day have been different from Rachel's. So I'd stick with keeping the order of the classes Ryo has already had the same, and when he goes to these next classes, you can send him to the ones that match Rachel's schedule to the best of your ability, if you want. :3))
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:31 26/03/2014 by Wylrin
#386 Posted: 21:43:51 26/03/2014
((I will try smilie

Im just so out of it right now smilie))
#387 Posted: 21:45:32 26/03/2014
OOC: I feel so stupid to say this, but I must know. What Zurgon said about "Jim" went over my head.
EDIT: Never mind, I got it. My mind's been fried by real high school. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:08 26/03/2014 by Waaksian
#388 Posted: 00:57:34 27/03/2014
Syndral gave a slight nod and remained quiet. She was thankful that Rachel didn't question her further about her home planet. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk about it, it was just important to keep her race and home a secret. She couldn't reveal the truth and ruin her mission. That was the only reason she even came to this planet, for her mission, and she would not do anything that would risk failure. At least, not on purpose. Syndral was afraid of failure anyway, since this planet was so different from her own. She nearly shuddered at the idea of ruining her mission. Even if the Order took it easy on her, her people would never forgive her for failing at a job. She worked too hard for too long in order to get respect from them, to suddenly lose it all, why that would be about as devastated as her people would get over something.
---
#389 Posted: 01:05:30 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Rachel stayed silent as well, not sure what else to say, if anything. She was about to drift off into her thoughts again when the bell rang. Immediately jarred into a sense of 'hurry up and get moving', she quickly gathered up her things and stood from her chair. She paused, however, and didn't head towards the door. Instead, she decided to wait for Syndral. Maybe they would walk to their next class - gym - together.
---
#390 Posted: 01:22:58 27/03/2014
As if like clockwork, Syndral gathered up her things and hopped up from her seat. She never seemed startled by the bell, and instead almost welcomed it and was immediately prepared to take action upon hearing it. The bell was one of the few things Syndral understood about this planet, as the people back home had a similar alarm-like system for the changing of work shifts. So she never felt surprised or rushed by the bell.

Once she got up from her seat, she pulled out her novel and started heading for the door. So far, she had yet to meet someone she would actually consider walking and interacting with while journeying to the next class, so it really didn't occur to her to wait for Rachel. Plus, she wanted to read her book while she could, and liked using it as a means to avoid interacting with other people. However, Rachel would have been the exception, had she actually thought to consider it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:38 01/05/2016 by Cynder09
#391 Posted: 01:33:47 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Seeing Syndral take off didn't bother Rachel in the slightest. Rather than being deterred by it, she simply trailed after her. Moving through the crowd of students, she managed to situation herself beside Syndral, walking alongside her down the hallway. She kept quite and didn't attempt conversation. For one thing, it was too loud and noisy in the hallway for her to even hear herself think, let alone have a discussion. Mostly, she just didn't want to disturb her companion as she read. As they walked, Rachel idly wondered how Syndral could walk through these halls and read at the same time. She had done it before in earlier grades, when the crowd wasn't so thick and you didn't have to constantly worry about your surroundings. She had stopped that little habit when it had caused a collision which made her drop her books. For a moment she had similar concerns for Syndral, but decided that the girl moved through the crowds easily enough and wasn't in any 'danger'.
---
#392 Posted: 01:36:03 27/03/2014
At the sound of the bell, Zurgon jumped out of his desk, grabbing his backpack and running out of the room. "See ya, Ms. E!" He shouted as he flew through the halls, sliding past all the hustling and bustling students rampaging through the halls. Zurgon knew nothing of Gym, and if he did he wouldn't have wanted to go, he hated to run and exercise and all that stuff, he was quite content just sitting around, doing nothing, conversing with people.

Zurgon had reached his locker, he knew that he shared a joint locker with Rachel, so he hoped that he saw her, perhaps he could walk with her to Gym. Zurgon didn't know why he felt such a connection to Rachel, after all, she was human and Zurgon was alien, there wasn't much similarities there, but he always had a strange feeling around her, such a feeling he had never experienced before, perhaps it was due to her being the first human he had ever seen, he wasn't exactly sure. Zurgon input his locker combo and opened it up, throwing his backpack into his locker as he wouldn't be needing it for his next class.
---
#393 Posted: 01:40:23 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
When Rachel spotted Shane at his locker in the hallway, she was immediately reminded of her own burden that she carried. Slipping away from Syndral and through the crowd, she went to her locker and, after entering the appropriate combination, put all her stuff inside. "Hey Shane," she said, to get his attention. "How was class?"
---
#394 Posted: 01:43:22 27/03/2014
Syndral's eyes were glued to her novel, and she seemed fully immersed in the words. It didn't seem possible for her to read and walk while avoiding bumping into anyone, but it was. In fact, for her people, doing such a feat was actually easier here than on her planet, which surprised her.

Syndral's race, the Zvarraniks as they were called, were a cold-blooded reptilian race. Because of their cold-blooded nature, they had the ability to track and sense heat signals, especially in times of dire need for it. Syndral, thus far, was in no immediate danger of her body shutting down due to a lack of heat, and she was thankful for that. Still, she had the ability to sense heat around her, without having to 'see' it. That's how she could focus on her book and avoid humans at the same time, by their heat signature. The heat signature told Syndral that a human was nearby, and she could avoid running into them without having to look up from her book. Unless, of course, they came up behind her so fast that she had little time to react. Syndral planned on getting back at that boy later.
---
#395 Posted: 01:50:35 27/03/2014
Zurgon hadn't noticed Rachel approach the locker, so when she said his name he jumped a bit, though Humans and Aliens were very different, they did share emotions, whether or not Aliens chose to show them was the difference. "Oh, Hi!" A smile on his face as always. "Class was..." He thought back to all his classes he had gone through, he was bored in his first class, frightened and alone in his second class and happy in his third. "English and Math were horrible, but...Science was fun, I just hope we don't have to dissect anything." The thought of dissection disgusted Zurgon, to a very ironic point.

"C'mon, I'll walk with you to Gym." He still had no idea what Gym was. "How were your classes?" He had begun to walk towards the direction of the stairs, leading down to the first floor where the Gym was located.
---
#396 Posted: 01:58:47 27/03/2014
OOC: I'll be off to bed again after this post, so don't go too far. Friday night I should be able to stick around longer. G'night!

"Have a fun day, you guys!" Ms. Espinoza called after her students, turning to her pile of glittery presents. There were still other staff to greet, and there'll be time since her students are on their way to gym.

--

At the bell, Mort prepared to leave for his next class. Resting his books in his backpack, he made way for the door, giving Mr. White one more glance of acknowledgment, with a notable smile. He hoped that Elim could find a way to get water, now that most of the students were headed towards gym class.
Finally, some good physical activity to ease his stiffened joints. There was far too much sitting and not nearly enough moving for him. At least they'd have that particular class for three days in the week.
He then remembered that most of the students in the school went there at the same time. He might be able to finally greet Syndral.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:37:14 01/05/2016 by Waaksian
#397 Posted: 01:59:47 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
"Yeah, I hope we don't have to do anything like that, either," Rachel agreed. "Something like that actually made me pass out in class once." She shuddered at the memory. She'd been just fine, sitting in science class, when all of the sudden the topic of discussion turned into open heart surgery. At first, she had thought she was going to throw up, so she went to tell the teacher this. What she had ended up doing, however, was passing out right into the arms of the teacher. She hadn't gotten hurt or anything; no concussion since her teacher had kept her head from hitting the floor. But she'd still been pretty shaken up, and had gone home that day. For the rest of that year, any time they were discussing internal anatomy, she was instructed to sit on a carpeted area of the floor. At least if she passed out there she wouldn't fall too hard.

Following Shane, she answered in response to his latest inquiry, "They were okay. I had a little scare because I thought I was late for English class, but it turned out just fine." Tilting her head inquisitively, she asked, "Why were your first two classes so bad?"

((OOC: Goodnight!))
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:19 27/03/2014 by Wylrin
#398 Posted: 02:04:06 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Mr. White watched as his students left the classroom, giving Morph a small nod in his own way of acknowledgment. As soon as his classroom was devoid of students, Elim practically fled from the room, walking in a decidedly hurried fashion in search for the nearest water fountain. He felt like he could drink a lake right now, and he needed something to soothe his sore, dry throat.
---
#399 Posted: 02:06:32 27/03/2014
Syndral simply continued to walk to Gym class as she read her novel. She had noticed that there was a heat signature walking beside her, and that it had suddenly moved away from her. She had assumed this to be Rachel. At least, she hoped it was. She wouldn't want just any human walking along beside her. Still, if it was Rachel, she wondered why she had left her side. Was there something else she needed to do? Did she go to interact with a human friend? Syndral understood if she rather talk to someone a little more social and fun. That seemed to be the human custom. Syndral just wasn't friendly enough for their taste.
---
#400 Posted: 02:11:22 27/03/2014
Zurgon shook his head, "The teachers, were just...Off." Zurgon was an alien, and if an alien thought something was weird, that meany that it was weird. "Normandy is boring as all hell, and White is just....He scares me, I mean..." He paused, remembering how calm and collected the math teacher was, and how he had offered Zurgon an advanced course, Zurgon knew he was nothing special, so he would feel bad taking a course that was advanced, he knew he had an advantage over all the humans in that course, and he felt like it was cheating, Zurgon always had good moral values, his mother had taught him that...He missed his mother. "I was offered to be placed in advanced math class, but I don't know how I feel about that..."

A thought then popped into his head "Hey, do you have cellular device? If so, we should partake in the exchanging of numbers," All the aliens had been given phones for their missions, it was a necessity for all teenagers to have a phone in this day and age. Zurgon's home planet didn't need phones though, they had hologram bands which they wore on there hands, they could project images of others and speak with eachother that way.
---
First | Previous | Page 8 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me