Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
QR Codes? [CLOSED]
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 01:27:06 18/02/2014 | Topic Creator
So I know there's those QR codes that come on the sticker sheets. And I figured since I finally have an Android tablet with a rear facing camera (curse you Chinese tablet) I decided to see what those actually do. So downloaded a QR app, scanned the code, and... I come up with some text containing the code, following a random letter and some random 10 or something digit number. The Giants ones also have a link to skylanders.com/start.

Now I'm wondering what these codes are even supposed to do for me. All they do when I scan them is give random text that does nothing. I thought maybe it was a thing where you scan it, it unlocked the character and you had to do it through the mobile game, but there's no such option on Lost Islands and Cloud Patrol, on Android at least. Is it one of these things that's only available on iOS, just like the Bluetooth portal? If not, then what purpose do they eerve?
---
Purple dragon.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#2 Posted: 02:22:38 18/02/2014
I believe they were meant to be scanned, and then send you to the Skylanders: Universe site. However, since that site has been shut down, the codes have absolutely no use any more.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3 Posted: 20:45:41 18/02/2014 | Topic Creator
I see, although if that's the case, then I don't see why the Swap Force stickers would still have QR codes. It's just a mystery... :/
---
Purple dragon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me