Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Forbes article on next Skylanders game
Page 1 of 1
Forbes article on next Skylanders game [CLOSED]
RevQuixo Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#1 Posted: 18:37:02 25/01/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.forbes.com/sites/an...r-announcement/

Didn't see this posted anywhere...enjoy.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 18:42:15 25/01/2014
Actually this was posted on a topic in the Swap Force section as well, but this here works until the game is announced -

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...94&post=4930417
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:24 25/01/2014 by Aura24
RevQuixo Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#3 Posted: 18:46:30 25/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Whoops..I did a search for Forbes and it didn't pop anything up...my bad.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 19:02:42 25/01/2014
To be fair, one of the higher-ups at Activision confirmed a fourth Skylanders late last year, along with another Call of Duty, during some sort of financial outlook presentation. I don't remember the source, but I did it read it (maybe Kotaku or Polygon). It doesn't surprise me. At this point, ActiBlizz is handling Skylanders like they handle Call of Duty. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#5 Posted: 22:25:10 26/01/2014
I like the idea of adding some spinoff adventure games to the mix, alongside the yearly main series installments. (The article talks about a 'Skylanders Kart Racing" game idea.)

I don't know if a racing game would best draw on the strengths of 100+ uniquely designed characters with their own moves and personalities, but some other ideas I could see working:

• Super Smash Bros type of game focused on Skylander on Skylander battles
  • Collectible and fighting card game, I'm not a huge fan of these but I could see them pushing a game like the Magic the Gathering video games along with collectible/battling cards. Buying real cards could unlock content in the game, same with the Skylanders toys you own
  • Maybe a sports game or series like the Mario Sports games? I could see Skylanders abilities being worked into 'specials' for a cartoony sports game
  • Mario Party style game, with lots of the competitive/team mini games involving combat scenarios and some platforming with your Skylanders
  • Animal Crossing style game where you live and hangout with neighboring Skylander friends in your collection. Someone in this forum mentioned a more single 'pet' focused spinoff idea, but I was thinking maybe an AC styled game better embraces the huge roster and variety of characters while retaining that kind of 'relationship sim' feel

Thinking on it almost all of my ideas are like, 'take X Nintendo game and make it for Skylanders', which goes to show what an amazingly expansive game universe Nintendo has built up over the years around their characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:25:23 26/01/2014 by pyro16
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me