Page 1 of 1
Giants buying advice. [CLOSED]
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#1 Posted: 19:28:27 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Simple topic, simple question.

I am going to TRU today to cash in on the B1G1 deal for Giants. I do not have any Giants characters because I missed that game completely. Who do you guys recommend?

EDIT: Giants only... no reposes or core.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:32:54 03/01/2014 by lcopley98
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 23:20:57 03/01/2014
Why dont you go see what they have for sale first . Not much help if you are given plush recommendations but they are not available .

I only saw a Ninjini once and then never again at my local skylander shop .

For me Crusher looks like a real classic Grimms fairy tales giant . I am very attracted to him. he is on my next to buy list .

I think a legendary Bouncer looks so much better painted than the original one . I actually bought him before Crusher . The App game actually influenced me on that one .

I would also say Tree Rex for that giant look and feel but he is on the starter packs only , umm perhaps you could find a Gnarly Tree rex ?

If you prefer game play and cool powers over looks i understand Thumpback and Swarm are better options for that .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:03 03/01/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Rooksarii Green Sparx Gems: 239
#3 Posted: 16:03:35 08/01/2014
Not sure if I am replying too late for you, but TRU has a buy 3 for $35 deal on all Giants and some Swap Guys.

This is totally and "if you can find them" sort of deal.

I agree, Legendary Bouncer looks better than the basic Bouncer, but either way he is a solid character. Fast long range attacks, some mid to close laser attacks, etc.. Plus he is fast.

Thumpback is my personal favorite. Strong melee that hits mid range as well. Not as fast on his feet, but he is durable and can slide out of danger.

Eyebrawl is great, but he has a learning curve to use him well, and I haven't mastered him on either of his upgrade paths yet.

Ninjini is fast and has strong attacks, but I found I rarely if ever used her charge-up attacks or genie in a bottle abilities.

TreeRex (in the Giants game) is a beast, pretty well rounded. In SF, he is a bit nerfed. A good all-around guy either way though.

Swarm is another good all around guy, nice lock on and shoot abilities. He also has a "get out of danger" move.

Hot Head is slooooow, but very strong. His lack of speed gets him killed a lot (at least for me).

Crusher is a slow and powerful one too. His hammer strikes are a bit tricky to place though, so takes some practice. Another get out of jail move with his rockslide.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#4 Posted: 15:44:54 10/01/2014
Thumpback! he is my favorite giant and his moves are cool like when you choose the chomp path he has a vomit attack which is really funny and strong
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 22:37:43 16/01/2014
Quote:
Hot Head is slooooow, but very strong. His lack of speed gets him killed a lot (at least for me).

Ooh i love collecting underdogs . smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#6 Posted: 21:26:26 26/01/2014
Granite Crusher
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me