Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
If possible [CLOSED]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1 Posted: 00:43:12 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Can there be router bans? I mean IP bans are good and all, but people use proxies and other ways to change their IP addresses just to come back and troll the community again. While a Router ban can't exactly be walked around and it works on the entire house that the banned user lives in because all the systems that use the router will not be able to get on the website. Well unless they go to another person's house and make an alt. Just Router bans seem more effective to me.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#2 Posted: 01:12:03 03/01/2014
But what in the case of family members that want to join?
---
self professed austGAYlian
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#3 Posted: 01:17:44 03/01/2014
That could be a problem.
I think it already is.
---
you never saw me
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 05:56:18 03/01/2014
Quote: ReshiramForever

Well, the problem is there's genuinely no way of knowing if we're dealing with actual siblings (e.g. Trix and Pixil) or fake siblings (Sleepy and his "sister"). In fact, this whole thing wouldn't be a problem if a select few people didn't decide to ruin it for the whole site by repeatedly using proxies to try and circumvent bans. It doesn't help that many users here have also made alt accounts that they slip into very often because they seem to think it's okay to do.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#5 Posted: 06:19:22 04/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ReshiramForever

Yeah I can see that problem. Though there was a time where one of my siblings got a game to router ban us. So I had to suffer too because don't go behind the scenes and they don't want to take any risks of an already alt. So if siblings want to join and their router got banned they would probably have to join by hooking up to someone else's router or punch their sibling in the face for being such a butt on the internet then pray for their router to somehow break and get a new router.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me