Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Possible to set up a powered "Portal of Power" for my sons room?
Page 1 of 1
Possible to set up a powered "Portal of Power" for my sons room? [CLOSED]
Brainwashed Green Sparx Gems: 184
#1 Posted: 20:59:23 02/01/2014 | Topic Creator
First post! Glad to be here. smilie

Quick question:
We have a couple spare Xbox 360 USB portals and was wondering if it would be possible to set one up as a stand alone display that is powered with a Light Core or a Giant as a nightlight in my sons room.

I tried plugging a portal into a USB power adapter for an iPhone to see if it would simply power the portal but it didn't light up.

Have anyone tried something like this? Let me know if this doesn't make sense and I will clarify.

Thanks!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 06:42:29 03/01/2014
I've only ever seen them turned on in response to the game being on. Obviously you don't want your 360 running the entire night, as that would gobble up electricity. I'm not sure if there's an alternative.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Brainwashed Green Sparx Gems: 184
#3 Posted: 18:38:46 03/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the reply. We have several Lightcores and Giants that light up and the kids just love the look of them. Since they bring the characters to their room each night anyway we were thinking how great it would be to have a powered portal as a nightlight with the character on it and lit up.

I'll try a few different USB adapters and see if say an iPad charger which provides more power than the iPhone charger has any better results. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:00 03/01/2014 by Brainwashed
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me