Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Battle! [CLOSED]
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#1 Posted: 19:41:01 05/12/2013 | Topic Creator
(Closed the original topic once it was moved to the correct spot so that I could create a proper name for it)

So I was thinking the day while playing Smash Bros. "This would be a perfect match for Skylanders."

Now here me out:

• After finishing the games, and fully levelling up each character, theres nothing to really do except for waiting for the next game
  • The games have PvP but its only one on one (which can get really boring and doesn't work during a party)

So what if something like the following were made?:

• Smash Bros type game with side scrolling fighting
  • The game came with a portal platform, with 4 separate spots, to be able to register all characters and who is playing as who
  • The game wouldn't have to come with any new characters, just the game and the portal
  • Different arenas based on levels from games
  • Adventure packs could unlock additional arenas
  • Internet play would allow you to have many different people to play
  • Random in game items (like the ones found in Smash Bros) could just be the items you get in Adventure Packs. Anvil's raining from the sky, Sparx following you around attacking opponents for a bit, fruit pieces healing you, etc.
  • I don't see any way in which the items could be implemented though :S
  • There could also be a small story mode like in Smash Bros, where you battle your way through a selection of guys (maybe even a nightmare mode where you have to beat every single guy) and at the end you'd fight Kaos (much like you fight Master Hand in Smash Bros)

Now I understand there are some issues that would need to be addressed:

• Would have to be developed for systems that support DLC in order to add characters as they're being released
  • Question arrises as to whether playing earns you actual experience in the game. Though I believe it wouldn't need experience. Maybe winning "tournaments" could give your skylander a bit a money
  • Equalizing Skylanders becomes the biggest issue. Ideally a level 20 spyro with 0 heroics would not be as good as a level 20 spyro with all heroics completed. (Gives you a reason to finish all heroics other than just completion) but now that Swap Force doesn't have heroics, it causes a big issue as to how you equalize it all. Maybe heroics don't count towards it and its just base stats based on the level of the character.

I'm just curious what other people think of this idea. Now that Skylanders jump, a "Smash Bros." game makes sense to me and I would pay the full 70 bucks just for the game and portal.
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:23 12/01/2014 by alegeobla
#2 Posted: 22:18:25 12/01/2014 | Topic Creator
any other opinions on this out there?
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#3 Posted: 23:31:54 12/01/2014
Title sounds a tad bit too generic, sort of like somne cheap flash game. How about..
Skylanders Showdown!
Skylanders: The Ultimate Fight
Skylanders: Duel of the Masters!
That last ones sounds liek Yugioh
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#4 Posted: 20:33:37 20/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Skylanders Showdown! definitely sounds like a better name haha. Couldn't think of a good one during the time I created this topic
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#5 Posted: 23:29:44 04/04/2014
Cool. What would be the characters?
Smolderbrawl Green Sparx Gems: 456
#6 Posted: 14:11:46 06/04/2014
This would be really cool because I could play against more than one person
---
Skyler has ebolalalalalalalalalalala!
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#7 Posted: 21:43:21 08/04/2014
Perhaps this is best on systems that can have game updates (Wii U, PS3/4, and Xbox 360/One, and maybe 3DS). Let's say they release this near the end of SSF's life cycle. A little while after Skylanders 4 releases, people might want to play as the new characters from that game. Activision & TFB could prepare an update for Skylanders Showdown including the new characters before releasing Skylanders 4, so all the new characters from Skylanders 4 could be playable on Skylanders Showdown right after the release of Skylanders 4. Rinse and repeat for future games in the main series until a new version of Skylanders Showdown is needed.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
#8 Posted: 02:19:10 09/04/2014
Yeah I agree
---
#9 Posted: 13:42:02 10/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Yes, that why I had noted that it would have to be developed for systems that supported DLC in order to add the new characters (aka no wii support).

As far characters, GigaCamo, they wouldn't need to add any. Maybe package with a special edition of one character? But they wouldn't have to add new ones. Just update the game as more characters came out
---
#10 Posted: 14:20:52 10/04/2014
Like a Glow in the dark Thorn Horn Camo
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me