Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > We All Know that Insomniac Created Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, and Resistance
Page 1 of 1
We All Know that Insomniac Created Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, and Resistance [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#1 Posted: 22:10:05 01/12/2013 | Topic Creator
But has anyone played Insomniac Games' first ever game, Disruptor?

Here's the trailer:

Thoughts?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 00:28:33 02/12/2013
I never played it, but I'd heard about it. It was a pretty decent DOOM clone from what I remember. But it sold terribly. Although, you have to wonder. If this game was a financial success, do you think Insomniac would have ever made Spyro, or would they have kept up with the shooters? In a way, we might owe Spyro's existence to the commercial failure of Disruptor. ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#3 Posted: 08:49:18 02/12/2013
Looks like a pretty decent game. If it had sold well, they may have made more, then Spyro might not have come along until 2005 or whatever. Scary smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#4 Posted: 12:18:50 02/12/2013
Never played it, don't really want too either.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#5 Posted: 07:38:07 03/12/2013
I've heard of it for the past five years or so, and it looks okay, a bit dated like Doom. I would like to try this game out one day, it's Insomniac's FIRST game. For a long time before I used to think Spyro the Dragon was their first though. Then again when I was a kid, since Insomniac changed their logo for the Ratchet series, I used to think that they were two different companies. smilie I never paid much attention to the opening credits to video games back then.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#6 Posted: 15:17:35 05/12/2013
I played this game years ago, it really looks like Doom and I like it (I love Doom by the way)
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#7 Posted: 22:20:19 05/12/2013
In some ways, you could say, with the release of FUSE, Insomniac Burbank has come full circle. They started with an unoriginal idea that didn't sell well, and they just put out a very unoriginal idea that didn't sell well. Hopefully Sunset Overdrive doesn't get neutered by focus testing. *brick'd* x.x;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me