Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Dark Cloud 3: The final Immolation
Page 1 of 1
Dark Cloud 3: The final Immolation [CLOSED]
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1 Posted: 02:49:03 29/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Just a little something I whipped up for English class. It's a little lacking in the action thing, at least for the first chapter. If you don't know Dark Cloud, it might be confusing.

Chapter 1: Reawakening

The first thing I saw was a blinding light, and awakened into the dimly lit area of The Divine Beast Cave. I look to my right and see Xiao, one of my many previous companions, but the only one who decided to come into stasis with me. “Until you are needed again, you shall remain here.” Is what He said, I wonder how long it has been since then, and what they need me for now.

“Master?” asks my half-cat half-human companion, Xiao. She points upwards. “Look, the furry dragon!” She says with a giddy smile on her face.

Sure enough, Dran the Dijinn*, or ‘the furry dragon’ descends from his nest above us. He lands gently in front of us. His soft voice echoes around the empty cavern, “Toan, Xiao, the last of the first defenders.”

“Wait, everyone else is dead?” I ask Dran.

A brief flash of light illuminates the room for a second, and standing before us, is The Fairy King. “Yes Toan, they are all gone. Even Osmond. It is a common misconception that moon-people* live forever, he died about 50 years ago.”

“50 years? How long have we been in stasis for?” I ask him

“It has been over three hundred years since the Dark Genie* has been seen on the Western Continent.” Wait, this can’t be, we erased that demonic being from history, there is no way for him to even exist! I think to myself. “Yes, he has returned. From what I can tell, saving Sophitia only delayed her death, but, since her death didn’t fill Seda with nearly as much hatred, this weakened the Dark Genie greatly. From there, he hid away, and stole the black atlamillia* from me, instead of taking it by force.”

“There is more then one atlamillia? I thought I had the only one!” I said to the Fairy King.

“There was a total of five atlamillia at one point, each of the crystals shone with a different color, yours was green, the Dark one stole the black one from me, and I gave the other three, red, blue, and yellow, to other wielders, who used them to save the Eastern Continent. All but the black one have been destroyed. The only way to stop him now, is with all the wielders gathered together, then you should have enough of the remaining power inside you to stop him.” He says to us. “Your goal now, is to gather the other atlamillia wielders, find the Dark Genie, and figure out a way to destroy him for good.

“Ok, so, where can we find the other atlamillia wielders? We need something to go on, because the only way we could identify them has been destroyed.” I say.

“There’s one problem,” says Dran all of a sudden, “the other wielders lived over one hundred years ago.”

“So, we’re screwed?” I ask to no one in particular. “Unless, can’t we use the time travel magic to bring them to this time?”

“It’s not so simple, removing them from their time period would do more damage then it would solve. If we took them away, the Genie would easily have destroyed the world then, leaving us in no position to fight.” the Fairy King says absent-mindedly.

“So, do you have a plan? Because if not, Xiao and I are leaving, we’ll find a way, we always do.” I say a little angrily. “Come on Xiao, lets go, I want to see what Norune looks like after three hundred years.” I head for the stairwell, with Xiao in tow. “Oh, by the way, where’s our weapons?” Dran lowers his head and the perfect form of the Chronicle Sword appears in my hand, as does Xiao’s magnum slingshot. The two of us begin the long walk back to the town.

Fifteen flights of stairs later, we arrive at the surface. It’s nighttime, and the first thing I notice is the moon. “What has happened to this world?!” I yell very loudly. Some young girl comes running over to me. “What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” She asks me. “No, no, no, it’s the Moon, or rather the lack of a moon.” I say to her. “I don’t understand,” she says, “there has always been only one moon.”
“No, there used to be two moons, it used to go around the bigger one. It was small and blue. I even went there once, it was filled with annoying rabbits.” I say to her. She looks at me like I’m insane, then she notices Xiao. Her face turns white.

“Hi! My name is Xiao, what’s yours?” Xiao asks the girl. She screams, and runs inside the nearest house. The door slams shut. “Was it something I said?” Xiao asks me.

“Well, we should probably go talk to the Mayor.” I say. We start to walk towards where the Mayors house is, or more appropriately, was. “Wait,” says Xiao. her long cat ears twitch. “Look out!” she yells.

I turn around and see a beefy guy running at me. Instinctively, I sidestep at the last second and trip him. He falls like a bag of rocks. I leap and pin him to the ground. “What do you want with my town you fiend?!” he asks me. “YOUR TOWN!?”

“Uh, Toan...” Xiao tries to interject.

“I born in this town over three hundred years ago! I watched it get destroyed by a horrible monster, then, I wandered the Divine Beast Cave, gathered the fragments, and rebuilt it with my own hands. And my reward is to be called a fiend? Maybe I shouldn’t save you all again!” I scream at him.

“Wait,” he says, “You’re Toan? I beg for your apology, I’m the current Mayor of Norune, please, let me take you to my house.” I get off of him, and he gets up. I notice that he bears a striking resemblance to the Mayor from my time, although he is younger and more fit.

As the three of us are walking, I notice that Norune has grown much larger over the years. “So, is it true that there was a second moon?” The Mayor asks me.

“Oh, I guess you heard me talking to that girl then. The moon was beautiful, it housed many creatures, including the famous moon-people. It was there that I built the Sun Giant, and used it to enter Dark Heaven Castle. I wish I knew what happened to the moon.” I explain sadly.

“Well, there is an old legend about something happening in the East.” The mayor says.

“Ooh! tell, tell!” Xiao exclaims.

“Well, supposedly there were other atlamillia apart from yours. Wait, where is yours?” He says.

“Just get on with the story.” I say. Being generally annoyed that he would question me.
“As the story goes, two kids, not much older than you, somehow got into the possession of two atlamillia. They were charged with stoping some guy named Emperor Griffon from going back in time and destroying the towns who would rebel against his forces. They succeed, but Griffon manages to steal the atlamillias from them he already has one of the atlamillias. Using the power, he calls upon the star of oblivion, an ancient magic that would destroy the whole world. But, even without the power of the atlamillia, they manage to defeat him. Griffon was actually a young moon-person, who seemed to be being controlled by a dark power. The moon-person called down the second moon to consume the energy of the star of oblivion. The moon is destroyed, but the world is saved, and the dark power was never heard from again. Well, that’s the gist of it anyway. I never thought is was real.”

“Dark power... that must be the Genie’s doing. He must have gotten enough power from Seda and this moon-person to be able attempt to destroy the world again.” I think out loud. “We need to hurry, who knows how much time we have left.”

“I heard talk of monsters attacking various towns, Queens was attacked just this morning, it might be a good idea to head there.” The Mayor says.

“Good idea,” I say. “We’ll head out first thing in the morning.”
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#2 Posted: 02:30:46 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
In case anyone was even remotely interested, but mainly because I don't have the heart to not finish posting it.

Chapter 2: Where there’s a will, there’s a way

We arrived in Queens just after dawn, thanks to the Fairy King’s teleportation power and my mental connection to him. We appear in the midst of a crowd, which is running away from something. As I push myself through the crowd, I notice a familiar face, leading a couple of guards towards the main gates.

“Ruby!” I yell, she turns, just after nailing a flying robot, known as an Arthur, out of the sky with a blast of magic. “Toan? is that you? Wait, behind you!” She shouts at me, I turn and swing. It’s a clean slice, and the Dasher falls to the ground and disappears, as usual with monsters. I hear one of the guards scream, as he is flung over my head by a Golem. Slowly I back away, waiting for an opening, when Xiao fires her slingshot. The Golem crumbles into bits of stone. I look past the remains of the Golem and see three Skeleton soldiers led by a Master Jacket*.

A familiar warning sound flashes through my ears. The three Skeletons move towards me. Timing it perfectly, I sidestep the first ones attack, rush forwards, and slash, removing the skull from the rest of the body. Then, I duck the stab that comes from my left, reverse the grip on my sword, and put the Chronicle sword through the right skeleton’s skull. I turn and face the last one. He slowly starts to back away, I run in, and kick his head off. The skull lands on the ground, and disappears, along with the rest of its body.

I hear a voice I know all too well. “Well done Toan.... Grahaha... Does that old fool think you can defeat me? There is no hope! Just like I said three hundred years ago, killing me is wasted energy! Now, lets see how much you’ve learned since then.” The horrible voice finally stops. I turn and face the Master Jacket, which now has the signature glowing red eyes, meaning that it is just a puppet of the Genie of Darkness.

The warning sound again flashes through my ears. I’ve beaten him once already, and that body is weak, meaning it shouldn’t take more than two hits. I rush him, and slice swiftly downwards, he is already out of range. The puppet-body rises into the air and plunges down towards me. I quickly roll out of the way, bring my sword up for an attack, and have it blocked by his shield. Immediately I get kicked in the chest, and sent back a couple of feet.

The Master Jacket walks towards me, speaking without moving it’s jaw. “Is that all you have? Killing you here would ensure my victory over this world!” He swings his average sword downwards towards me, and I hear a metallic sound. I look up and see Xiao had fired at the Master Jacket, but the shot was blocked by his shield. “Did you honestly think I’d be foolish enough to leave myself exposed?” he says, right before I plunge the Chronicle sword directly into his spine, flip him over my head and onto the ground, facing up. I put my foot on his skull. “Hmm, you seem to have improved from the last time we fought. You’re still no match for me. I have more power then ever! I am....” And I plunge the sword through the skull. The voice stops, and all goes quiet.

“Well, I didn’t expect you guys to make an appearance. Thanks for the help by the way.” Ruby says genuinely, for once. “Seeing as how I’m Mayor now,”

“Wait, you’re Mayor now? They let you become Mayor?” I can’t believe this, who on blue terra would let Ruby become Mayor?

Ruby laughs, “Well, let is a strong term, after King’s ‘accident’ many people wanted to become Mayor. I may have said a few things that ‘persuaded’ people to vote for me. Anyway, what brings you to Queens?”

“Well,” I start, “We were wondering if you could join us in our search for the Dark Genie.”

“Sorry, but I can’t go with you.” She says with a faint smile on her face. “Now that I’m Mayor, I need to stay here and protect Queens.”

“Oh, that’s too bad.” I say sadly, “We could use someone with your abilities.”

“I guess I wasn’t clear, I can’t go with you, but that doesn’t mean I won’t help you.” She laughs. “That is, unless you want ME to use your three wishes!”

“Wait, wishes? So you’re THAT kind of Genie after all!” What am I going to wish for? I contemplate this for a second, then I realize something. “Hey, wait a minute! If I could have had three wishes back then, why didn’t you tell me?”

“Well, that would mean we wouldn’t have had such an adventure now wouldn’t we? I wasn’t going to let you have all the fun.” she smirks “Besides, you would have just wished that the Genie was gone. If you did that, it would only have gotten rid of the fake one anyway. Wait wasn’t Xiao with you?” We both look around, and I notice Xiao sleeping on top of wall.

“Well, she is still a cat after all.” We both laugh. “Anyway, about the wishes, how many do I get?” I ask her.

“Well, the Genie Code states we’re only allowed to give three, but since it’s you, I’ll give you two.” She says with a serious tone.

“Hey! After all we’ve been through?” I complain.

“Hehe, just kidding, I’ll give you four. Just don’t tell anyone ok?” she says.

“Alright, first, I need a way to defeat the Dark Genie once and for all. Second, I need you to bring the other three atlamillia wielders here, oh, and I need them alive. Third, I want the blue moon back.” I say to her.
“Well, you know what they say, your wish is my command!” She snaps her fingers, and suddenly the entire area erupts in pink smoke. Left after the smoke clears are a small urn, two kids of roughly my age, and a moon-person.
---
#3 Posted: 02:31:00 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
“Where are we?” asks the guy, he is wearing overalls, and a kind of hat I’ve never seen before.

“Uh, Max, who are these people?” asks the girl to the guy, whose name is apparently Max. She seems worried about something.

“Max, Monica, ‘it’s not where are we?’ so much as ‘when are we?’, look.” The moon-person points upwards. There, in the sky, the second moon has returned. “What have you people done with us? You have no idea what could happen to the world if we stay here much longer!”

“Sheesh, shorty has a big attitude for someone so little. It’ll be fine, you’re in the future not the past.” Ruby explains and insults the moon-person.

“No, no, no! I destroyed the moon! it doesn’t exist anymore! And my name’s not ‘shorty’ it’s Sirus!” The moon-person, or rather Sirus is having a temper tantrum, he can’t be more than thirty years old, which is very young for a moon-person.

Amidst the panic, I shout, “Everyone, shut it!” everyone falls silent, and Xiao, who was awakened by the noise, jumps down and lands beside me. “Listen, I’ve brought you here for a reason, the Dark Genie is back, and it is prophesied that it will take all four of the atlamillia wielders to stop him.”

“Uh, who’s the Dark Genie? and is this really the future? it seems so old. I mean, back in our time we had technology all around, we had robots, lasers, electricity, and a bunch of other neat stuff.” asks Monica. Mental note, don’t let her ask questions or this will be a very long journey.

“Well kids,” Ruby starts, “I assure you this is the future, the difference being that this is the West continent, not the East continent, where you come from. As for the moon, well, Toan here just wished for me to bring it back. You see, he is actually from way before this time. Except he didn’t time travel, like you, instead he went into stasis, and slept for over three hundred years.”

“The Dark Genie is the same dark power that lived inside Sirus here. Together we can stop him for good, then, I’ll use my last wish to send you back to your time, okay?” I really hope I can convince these amateurs to help me, or else I might not be able to defeat the Dark Genie again.

“I’m in.” Says Max.

“If Max is in, I’ll go too.” Sirus says, “After all, I still owe him for saving my life, twice.”

“Uh, guys, I don’t think we should trust them, but if you think it’s okay then I’m in as well.” Monica says warily.

“Good, now, the first thing we need to do is find where he is. It should be easy. All we have to do is follow the hordes of monsters to their source. He should be there.” I say with a certain leadership quality I remember back from the old days.

“No,” Says Max very simplistically, “with some unpretentious equipment I can assemble an apparatus which will pinpoint his quantum identity pattern. If we use the imprint still left on Sirus as data, it would lead us right to him.”

“Uh,” I honestly have no clue what he just said. “Yeah, uh, you go do that, there should be, uh, stuff in Queens here.”

“Ok, cool. Come on Monica, let’s go find some materials.” Both Max and Monica run off, leaving me, Ruby, Xiao, and Sirus.

“Does anyone have any idea what he was just talking about?” I ask everyone. Xiao shrugs. Ruby says, “I haven’t a clue.” surprisingly enough, even Sirus seems to be dumbfounded.

Ruby leans towards me, “Just between you and me, these people are just copies of the actual people. They are exactly the same though, even up to having trace amounts of the atlamillia’s energy still inside them. Whatever you do, don’t let them find out they aren’t really them.” she whispers quietly.

“Noted, so what about this urn you gave me?” I ask.

“Well,” She says, “Since you can’t kill him, I figured I’d do what the moon-people did all those years ago. You can seal him away and then dispose of the urn somewhere. This way, we can be absolutely sure he won’t be released again.”

“Good, once Max finishes his, whatever-it-is, we’ll head out.” I say to everyone. “Do any last minute preparations before, this might be a long trip. Just as I finish saying this, Max and Monica return.

Max warily states, “Um, I think we’ll need a boat...”
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me