Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
New Game Idea [CLOSED]
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#1 Posted: 20:44:10 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
(First off I want to start with that I'm putting it in the Swap Force section because it doesn't fit in toys/merchandise section. (Maybe we should have a general Skylander topic forum? :S))

So I was thinking the day while playing Smash Bros. "This would be a perfect match for Skylanders."

Now here me out:

• After finishing the games, and fully levelling up each character, theres nothing to really do except for waiting for the next game
  • The games have PvP but its only one on one (which can get really boring and doesn't work during a party)

So what if something like the following were made?:

• Smash Bros type game with side scrolling fighting
  • The game came with a portal platform, with 4 separate spots, to be able to register all characters and who is playing as who
  • The game wouldn't have to come with any new characters, just the game and the portal
  • Different arenas based on levels from games
  • Adventure packs could unlock additional arenas
  • Internet play would allow you to have many different people to play
  • Random in game items (like the ones found in Smash Bros) could just be the items you get in Adventure Packs. Anvil's raining from the sky, Sparx following you around attacking opponents for a bit, fruit pieces healing you, etc.
  • There could also be a small story mode like in Smash Bros, where you battle your way through a selection of guys (maybe even a nightmare mode where you have to beat every single guy) and at the end you'd fight Kaos (much like you fight Master Hand in Smash Bros)

Now I understand there are some issues that would need to be addressed:

• Would have to be developed for systems that support DLC in order to add characters as they're being released
  • Question arrises as to whether playing earns you actual experience in the game. Though I believe it wouldn't need experience. Maybe winning "tournaments" could give your skylander a bit a money
  • Equalizing Skylanders becomes the biggest issue. Ideally a level 20 spyro with 0 heroics would not be as good as a level 20 spyro with all heroics completed. (Gives you a reason to finish all heroics other than just completion) but now that Swap Force doesn't have heroics, it causes a big issue as to how you equalize it all. Maybe heroics don't count towards it and its just base stats based on the level of the character.

I'm just curious what other people think of this idea. Now that Skylanders jump, a "Smash Bros." game makes sense to me and I would pay the full 70 bucks just for the game and portal.
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:14:23 28/11/2013 by alegeobla
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2 Posted: 20:56:58 28/11/2013
Amazingly amazing idea of amazingness!!!!!!!

I like how you're thinking this out and I think it would make a GREAT game! I would definitely buy it.

I would love to see my Drobot unbeatable, tournament style!

GO!
smilie *Blast*
PLAYER 2, DEFEATED!!!!
GAME!
And the winner is...
smilie: Drobot 1, Competitor, 0.
DROBOT!
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:18 28/11/2013 by I-Brawler
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 21:53:03 28/11/2013
Wind Up PUNCH!!!!!

o.o yall can fear me now because I pulled a Captain Falcon
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#4 Posted: 22:14:11 28/11/2013
Then Chill can pull a Sonic and have the taunt: You're too slow! (Because in SSBB That annoys people when spammed like a howler monkey with a megaphone)
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#5 Posted: 14:26:36 29/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Haha, the thought of taunts for each character hadn't occurred to me and probably could end up extremely hilarious, especially for characters like Wrecking Ball haha.

What do you guys think of the idea though? Any other ideas about it?
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#6 Posted: 19:19:45 29/11/2013
Quote: I-Brawler
Amazingly amazing idea of amazingness!!!!!!!

I like how you're thinking this out and I think it would make a GREAT game! I would definitely buy it.

I would love to see my Drobot unbeatable, tournament style!

GO!
smilie *Blast*
PLAYER 2, DEFEATED!!!!
GAME!
And the winner is...
smilie: Drobot 1, Competitor, 0.
DROBOT!

Every single PvP match I've ever played... -.-
---
Eggs
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#7 Posted: 21:43:51 29/11/2013
Quote: alegeobla
Haha, the thought of taunts for each character hadn't occurred to me and probably could end up extremely hilarious, especially for characters like Wrecking Ball haha.

Dat miley reference
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#8 Posted: 22:24:42 29/11/2013
Quote: Windumup
Quote: alegeobla

Dat miley reference

LOL! Yeah! DAT Mily reference!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 22:33:49 29/11/2013
Moved to Fandom.
#10 Posted: 04:37:59 30/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks bionicle, I wasnt sure where to put it (I havent even ever visited the Fandom part haha) and saw the posts about "ideas for skylanders 4" and what not in the swap force section so I just put it there. Thank you for moving it to its proper home
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me