Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Ignore users [CLOSED]
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#1 Posted: 15:14:42 19/11/2013 | Topic Creator
I didn't see this in the suggestions so I'm asking:

Is there a way to ignore a user, to stop seeing someone's posts?
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 15:19:07 19/11/2013
nope, I wish there was
#3 Posted: 15:29:43 19/11/2013 | Topic Creator
It would make it easier to have the ability to render a post invisible if posted by someone on an Ignore list. Now I sort of skip posts, avoid sections, avoid certain threads... If I could just render these invisible, it would make the forum more comfortable from time to time. It would allow to ignore troll attacks as well.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#4 Posted: 15:33:56 19/11/2013
Quote: Reimu
It would make it easier to have the ability to render a post invisible if posted by someone on an Ignore list. Now I sort of skip posts, avoid sections, avoid certain threads... If I could just render these invisible, it would make the forum more comfortable from time to time. It would allow to ignore troll attacks as well.

Yeah, that would be nice
THGold Yellow Sparx Gems: 1633
#5 Posted: 18:21:11 19/11/2013
I also wish that there was a block all feature so that people couldn't pm you if you wanted to be left alone, but someone random pms you. That way you don't have to go through and block 11,000 users.
---
I'm gone. I visit sometimes.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 18:39:04 19/11/2013
I am on another forum where the ignore feature was put into effect. Here's what I observed:

-Members who ignored certain users often were very confused, and made posts in topics that got them into a lot of hot water
-Users got extremely offended when they learned they were being ignored. As it stands now, people frequently make topics in the Stuff & Nonsense section to complain about users blocking them. This idea would only make these types of thing happen more often.

The feature was taken down within weeks of putting it up. You know that you can just scroll past posts if you want to ignore them. I do that very often. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#7 Posted: 18:50:16 19/11/2013
We don't have any and I think it would be better if we don't.

Quote: HIR
I am on another forum where the ignore feature was put into effect. Here's what I observed:

-Members who ignored certain users often were very confused, and made posts in topics that got them into a lot of hot water
-Users got extremely offended when they learned they were being ignored. As it stands now, people frequently make topics in the Stuff & Nonsense section to complain about users blocking them. This idea would only make these types of thing happen more often.

The feature was taken down within weeks of putting it up. You know that you can just scroll past posts if you want to ignore them. I do that very often. <.<

Pretty much.
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4185
#8 Posted: 19:27:59 26/11/2013
EDIT: nevermind, misread HIR's post

Still, this would be cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:51 26/11/2013 by zzsdf
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12081
#9 Posted: 03:17:26 28/11/2013
Yeah, something like this would cause a lot of drama. If you really don't want to see certain users posts you could always make an add-on for your browser using JavaScript and have it remove any posts from users in a list created within the add-on. It wouldn't be too difficult if you know JavaScript and I'm sure there are tutorials online. It'd be something similar to Ad Block or anything similar to it.

I actually considered making something like this, but then I figured it'd be a waste of time as I rarely come on here anymore and I just ignore posts.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#10 Posted: 03:27:28 28/11/2013
Um, just scroll past the posts.

Simple as that.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#11 Posted: 12:00:05 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: MoonHorizons

Simple as that.

You didn't read my second post, didn't you?

Next time read please...
tobby Ripto Gems: 234
#12 Posted: 16:52:21 28/11/2013

Simple as that.

Next time read please...

it looks like the 'just scroll past the posts and ignore' works pretty well....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:16 28/11/2013 by tobby
#13 Posted: 02:42:39 29/11/2013

Simple as that.

Next time read please...

Decided to take the time to read it.

You skipped past some posts easily. If you really do skip past posts, why are you asking for this? As HIR said, it'd cause alot of drama for users to know they're ignored and it'd cause lots of confusion in threads. And if you do indeed read it, just don't reply if it's a troll attack.

Just my few cents on this situation.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:43 29/11/2013 by MoonHorizons
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#14 Posted: 05:05:43 29/11/2013
They have this feature on the SEGA Forum. It has the added bonus of informing you of a post made by an ignored user, with a 'Show this post' option just in case you actually want to see it.

I honestly have found it useful, though it's certainly something which can be abused (like blocking).
#15 Posted: 15:03:50 29/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: IsisStormDragon
They have this feature on the SEGA Forum. It has the added bonus of informing you of a post made by an ignored user, with a 'Show this post' option just in case you actually want to see it.

I honestly have found it useful, though it's certainly something which can be abused (like blocking).

this would be awesome and probably the best way to do it.

I don't see how it could be abused, as if you decide to just ignore all users of the forum, you're the only one affected by it.
#16 Posted: 16:44:51 29/11/2013
Quote: IsisStormDragon

this would be awesome and probably the best way to do it.

I don't see how it could be abused, as if you decide to just ignore all users of the forum, you're the only one affected by it.

That's honestly a pretty good idea. The "show this post" manuever definetley sounds pretty clever. I agree that they should do it this way if people were to be ignored.
---
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#17 Posted: 02:18:31 10/02/2014
I really want this to take place, I'd ignore people and I wouldn't gaf if I was ignored t^3^t
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#18 Posted: 03:21:19 10/02/2014
How about not reading their post?
#19 Posted: 18:54:49 10/02/2014
Quote: somePerson

How about not even being tempted to respond to the bait?
---
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#20 Posted: 23:39:18 11/02/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
Quote: joerox123

I thought you left.

rekt.
#21 Posted: 17:30:44 12/02/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
Quote: joerox123

I thought you left.

wat i said goodbye motherfrickers with a middle finger emoji but i wasn't leaving i just had to post that emoji ╮(─▽─)╭
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#22 Posted: 13:16:18 17/02/2014
Most every forum on the internet has some kind of ignore feature. For those who think it's an issue... well, don't ever go anywhere else on the internet.

With that said, I use the "just scroll past it" method myself. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me