Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Rules Suggestion: No Junior Moderating
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Rules Suggestion: No Junior Moderating [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#51 Posted: 08:00:29 24/11/2013 | Topic Creator
1.) No, he didn't.
2.) Some folks don't follow the rules or general etiquette. Understood.
4.) Yup. And I've never said folks can't speak their mind (thus, again, why I made this a public topic). You should be thanking me for allowing you to post your opinion instead of just secretly sending Dark a PM and not letting you get a word in edgewise.
5.) "Hackery"? heh. The community would be just as safe if you reported those members in private as they are if you do it openly.
6.) To some people "banana" can mean "mountain lion". It doesn't mean they understand how bananas work. As for your similes... I suggest you learn to be a little more tactful. You wouldn't go up to an orphan who overslept and missed his favorite cartoon "Oh, that's sad.... it's just like when your parents got hit by a bus!". It's because the two things aren't equatable and it demeans one by trying to liken it to the other.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#52 Posted: 15:32:43 24/11/2013
I think this whole little debate is a big misunderstanding. First off, I'd like to note that we can only moderate certain forums. If I spot an annoying post in Stuff & Nonsense, for example, I just report it. However, when arguments have broken out in some of those topics, I'll often go in and make a long winded post about why the argument needs to stop. I'm not the mod for that section. By your definition, that would mean I'm "mini-modding," since I'm apparently getting on people's cases for going drastically off topic.

I believe this topic stems from behavior in the Skylanders boards only. Those boards have a significantly different standard than the other boards and seem a bit stricter. If you came into Stuff & Nonsense, you'd see there isn't a single topic that gets derailed and people will sometimes complain about that (including me). But nobody gets on anyone's case about it. I know you have good intentions, but you can't try to make a blatant complaint about the entire forum when you restrict yourself to only using certain boards. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me