Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > ATTENTION: before you make another art topic.
Page 1 of 1
ATTENTION: before you make another art topic. [CLOSED]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1 Posted: 23:55:26 15/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay I just noticed that some of you like to organize stuff and have a avatar thread. Now I would be okay with it, if it weren't for the fact that some to most of you have an art topic that you can post them on. I mean you can just take your topic name and change to "[insert username]'s art (avatars and edits)" Or something close to that. It's simple to do that really you just go to the the first post, hit edit, and you go to the thread title and change it.

I've also noticed that some of you make another art topic with the same art, news flash guys that is typically spam. And we're talking like topics full of your spam. You should bump your old art topic, but add the new art works/ edit/ whatever the heck you call it in that thread instead making me loose a quarter of my mind to go ahead and type this. Well unless that old thread is closed because it was over booked with your art/edits/etc or closed due to being dead or closed because some other good reason. But point is don't go around here and make threads of the SAME DARN THINGS! It will annoy us and the mods, then there's gonna be a chance of a gnorcing. Also you can make a new art topic and post the old one's link if was closed, so that way people can still see the previous artworks/edits/etc there. That would be no problem.

Also I would like to let you guys know (repetitive stuff again) that Crediting artists when using their artworks is the law. As in there is no exceptions to that, you have to do it for when using edited artwork for your photo manipulation. I will gladly ask you guys kindly to stick a sign up that says that (You know like a this belongs to, that stuff that I always bring up), but in return for being at least nice enough to be a little polite about it (along with what you did) I at least would like some politeness back and that sign up. And for those of you that are "I don't have to do this, **** you Trix. You whore" let me tell you something, I tried saving your arse by advising you about this, sure I may have acted rude to you before, but when it comes to something that is the law you have to do it no buts or attitude. Do it.

I'm sorry if I came out with this quite harshly, but the recent things that happened here have crawled under my skin and into my spine (making it twitchy). I hope you forgive me or at least most of you do. It's just it had to be said. It just done have too.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 08:18:16 16/11/2013
Thanks for saying!

some users do this often, they make new topics and forget they had an old one too....

I was smart at the beginning, and so where more users.

again, thanks for saying! smilie
#3 Posted: 17:34:38 16/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: NINJAsk11
Thanks for saying!

some users do this often, they make new topics and forget they had an old one too....

I was smart at the beginning, and so where more users.

again, thanks for saying! :)

*were.

And yeah thank you. But sometimes users don't forget the old one and just make a new even though it wasn't technically dead or forgotten. And users can actually use the search bar to find it too:

Which is where the arrow points.

[User Posted Image]
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#4 Posted: 17:41:41 16/11/2013
Grrr i hate my grammer

And yeah, I sometimes cant think of wy some do it
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#5 Posted: 21:16:15 16/11/2013
Hey, just saying, my other Art Topic I closed a while back for some reason and it never got pushed to Page 2 :/ Then, I made another one. Is that ok?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
#6 Posted: 21:27:04 16/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: joerox123
Hey, just saying, my other Art Topic I closed a while back for some reason and it never got pushed to Page 2 :/ Then, I made another one. Is that ok?

Well if it was closed for any reason in the past and made a new one today that is okay.
---
icon from Empoh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 03:05:04 17/11/2013
what's your deal?
#8 Posted: 03:07:11 17/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
what's your deal?

I'm trying to prevent future spam and making sure people don't get a copyright infringement (which is a lawsuit involving quite the huge amount of money).

What's your deal of saying "screw the rules, I'm allowed to do illegal stuff"?
---
icon from Empoh
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#9 Posted: 03:08:40 17/11/2013
Trix, I agree with you, but I think this should be left to the moderaters to decide what topics can and can't be made, if they care.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#10 Posted: 03:09:58 17/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: ReshiramForever
Trix, I agree with you, but I think this should be left to the moderaters to decide what topics can and can't be made, if they care.

Yeah you have a point about the mods deciding, but the section mods again fail to even take of their jobs.
---
icon from Empoh
#11 Posted: 03:52:53 17/11/2013
Quote: Trix Master 100
what's your deal?

I'm trying to prevent future spam and making sure people don't get a copyright infringement (which is a lawsuit involving quite the huge amount of money).

i'm saying why do you have to worry about everyone else giving credit?
#12 Posted: 03:57:55 17/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100
what's your deal?

i'm saying why do you have to worry about everyone else giving credit?

Maybe because I think of fanart as my home and I don't wish to see anyone getting hurt. I thought that was obvious of why I enforce tit.
---
icon from Empoh
#13 Posted: 04:00:50 17/11/2013
so you care about all the edits you say "aren't art"?

burn....
#14 Posted: 04:04:35 17/11/2013 | Topic Creator
so you care about all the edits you say "aren't art"?

burn....

Quit trying to pick a little fight. Shorty did prove a point though manipulation of pictures is considered art. BUT! The pictures you use are not yours to begin with thus meaning copyright infringement is around the corner if you don't credit artists/company.

And here's a question for you, how was that a "burn"?
---
icon from Empoh
#15 Posted: 19:07:18 17/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
trix zap youre both being kinda ridiculous you shouldnt let one little thing descend into this major "burn"fest. you should know better than that and should be able to solve things more maturely.

and before you tell me to not butt in or something idiotic like that, this is a public topic on a public forum and if you wanted nobody to comment then you shouldve discussed it privately

Quote: ReshiramForever

ye, but the mods dont really seem to do much here. still, every user is equal. trix cant force you to do it, but shes only looking out for you so you should at least listen to her instead of lashing out on her. because WHY would you yell at somebody whose only trying to help? even if it doesnt seem like it, everybody has their own way of helping.

Well I wasn't gonna say to "butt out" or anything among the lines. Because yes it's public and people have the right to comment on it. Whether it's a negative or not.

Plus if the topic was only about the plagiarism stuff I would have probably pmed Zap (if I'm not blocked by him). But it's also that making another topic for specifically avatars when you already have an art topic is a little bit spammish. And I though this might help kind of prevent some rather spammish topics/threads. As well as giving people a heads up about other things.

Thus Shorty have a point there it's a debatable if manipulation of photos is an type of art or not, really dependent on the person though. But you still have to credit sources.
---
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me