Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Frustrating Amazon sale [CLOSED]
WhoAreYou007 Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#51 Posted: 21:45:56 04/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Just glad to know that you guys understand the situation. I'm trying to move on but my mind gets stuck on it sometimes. I've always been taught growing up that it's about the principle and to do the right thing, yada yada... I guess I'm just thankful that it was a $10 figure and not a $100 one (I've sold a few of those too). Though it does make me very nervous to know that people can just do that and get away with it (easily I might add). Now every time I ship a package from eBay / Amazon, I'm thinking that person will scam me. Part of it too I think is the feeling that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it to make it "right".
---
Have: Silver Dino-Rang (Loose)
Want: Pearl Hex, White Flocked Eruptor
PM Me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:53 08/11/2013 by bionicle2809
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#52 Posted: 22:12:02 04/11/2013
Quote: WhoAreYou007
Just glad to know that you guys understand the situation. I'm trying to move on but my mind gets stuck on it sometimes. I've always been taught growing up that it's about the principle and to do the right thing, yada yada... I guess I'm just thankful that it was a $10 figure and not a $100 one (I've sold a few of those too). Though it does make me very nervous to know that people can just do that and get away with it (easily I might add). Now every time I ship a package from eBay / Amazon, I'm thinking that person will scam me. Part of it too I think is the feeling that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it to make it "right".

Also, I'm not sure what he's referring to but it seems like "UncleBob" is wanting to start a flame war over something.

Leave that bolded part out or we will have to not like you anymore smilie I'm not a fan of scalping, but it is because I don't like it when people take advantage of each other, and you got taken advantage of on this. The secondary market isn't the same thing as scalping anyways - and selling a Hot Dog at around retail is hardly anything resembling scalping.

And your last comment - well, in other obvious news the grass is green, the sky is blue and water is indeed wet... smilie
WhoAreYou007 Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#53 Posted: 00:56:29 05/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally

Also, I'm not sure what he's referring to but it seems like "UncleBob" is wanting to start a flame war over something.

Leave that bolded part out or we will have to not like you anymore smilie I'm not a fan of scalping, but it is because I don't like it when people take advantage of each other, and you got taken advantage of on this. The secondary market isn't the same thing as scalping anyways - and selling a Hot Dog at around retail is hardly anything resembling scalping.

And your last comment - well, in other obvious news the grass is green, the sky is blue and water is indeed wet... smilie

I'm not sure how selling a few figures from my personal collection would be considered "scalping". I'm talking about GITD Warnado, Zap and a couple of others. Sometimes I'll buy large lots from ebay, keep a few figures I don't have and then sell the rest. I think I've only bought figures maybe twice in store because of sales, etc... and it was only a few figures. That's really about it. I regularly price any ones I'm selling below everyone else because 1. I want to get rid of them asap and 2. I'm not looking to take advantage of people.

I'm also an honest person and have no reason to hide the fact that I've sold some figures. Like I said before, I "had" 100% feedback for every sale (before this one) I've ever done online (10+ years) and always make sure people are happy. If you want to hold something against me because of what other people do, that's up to you. This thread was more to try and get advice from people that I knew would understand the weird situation.

I appreciate the advice and understand where you are coming from, but I'm going to leave that detail in there because I'm not looking to deceive anyone here.

-J
---
Have: Silver Dino-Rang (Loose)
Want: Pearl Hex, White Flocked Eruptor
PM Me
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#54 Posted: 01:37:06 05/11/2013

It's all good, WhoAreYou007. I feel your pain on this issue, and I think you got hosed, and it's totally bull that Amazon allows mischievous Buyers to screw honest Sellers like yourself.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:07 08/11/2013 by bionicle2809
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#55 Posted: 02:00:36 05/11/2013
I appreciate the advice and understand where you are coming from, but I'm going to leave that detail in there because I'm not looking to deceive anyone here.

I wasn't serious about the "not like you anymore" part smilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#56 Posted: 18:10:46 05/11/2013
See, this is just why I generally avoid reselling my figures. Sure, most potential buyers are legit, but what if I do run into a buyer scamming me out? I'll just have to use the method in Post #28 now, I guess.

I've only sold a couple of figures online, but that's it. However, I had about 50-odd figures to get rid of last year. Did I put them up on eBay? No. I went down the much simpler route and traded them into my EB Games.

Only got about $4 per figure rather than $10, but it was worth it to not have to deal with the headaches of shipping out every individual one, making sure that the buyers received them and dealing with any problems. Plus, I would have had to have done that over several months due to eBay's 10-items-a-month selling limit, so yeah. In my case, it was a win-win situation: I got rid of figures I didn't want, so that my favourite store could resell it to customers who did.
Torchiest Green Sparx Gems: 303
#57 Posted: 00:29:20 06/11/2013
Quote: niceguy1
GhostRoaster: I've never sold on Amazon either, but as I understand it, it's either clicking "I am selling this", and inheriting EVERYTHING, including a mis-worded title, or having a far reduced exposure to buyers. When people search and get the mega-listing, it would list the OP among the sellers, everybody searching Hot Dog would have access to the OP's listing. Conversely, striking out on his own, though more accurate, means he'll miss all the people who use the mega-listing to get the cheapest one and be done with it.

That's all true, BUT, you can add special notes in your individual listing to clarify. People often use that to describe the condition of used items.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me