Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Easter eggs in Spyro games?
Page 1 of 1
Easter eggs in Spyro games? [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#1 Posted: 02:29:51 25/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I've heard and seen the glitches, like swimming in the air.

But are there any easter eggs, that is, special hidden goodies in Spyro games?

Any of them?
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#2 Posted: 03:39:48 25/10/2013
I know several Insomniac team member names are written into background scenery and Elora was named after Caroline Trujilo (who worked at Insomniac and later went on to help develope "A Hero's Tail").
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#3 Posted: 13:15:50 25/10/2013
^ That explains the "BRENDA" written on the doors and Portals in Winter Tundra, I actually managed to figure out that name on those today. smilie I'll have to look for more.

Also, if you don't already know, the coins in the fountain in Mystic Marsh and the posters in Dino Mines have faces on one of the devs on them. I can't remember his name, I think it was John something.

There are a lot of cheat codes in Spyro games, I won't go over this, just Google them.
I actually just recently found out that there's a cheat code to give Sparx 4 points of health in GTG, just like he ends up getting in YoTD. I found it while snooping on SpyroHints. smilie Miss that site...

Crash appears in ANB and TEN. In the former, in the DS version, roasting on a fire in Dante's Freezer. In the latter he's frozen in one of the first ponds in the White Isles.

If I recall correctly, SoF has the Aku Aku sound from the Crash games in one of the early levels. I remember having to torch some tiki statues and getting that sound effect. Actually kind of funny.

And there's also a poem hidden deep in the code for the Insomniac games, with ends with "I always get the Shemp", and if you're a fan who's dug around for a while you'll probably know where that's from. smilie
According to Razz, right above(I think she posted it in the Spyro 1 section a year or two ago), that was actually one of the sayings around the Insomniac office based on Shemp from The Three Stooges. It's also the origin of the name of Dr. Shemp, the boss from Spyro 1. And I think one of the dragons from Spyro 3 had the name Shemp. It's been a while since I did real research on Spyro, so I may be remembering this wrong, though.

I used to search everywhere for Spyro cameos and I know I saved the list somewhere- I'll try digging it up for you, though most of the cameos I collected were actually of Spyro and his music in other media.

I remember Wizard's Peak music in Amanda Show, he appeared on one ad for Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, and there were some Spyro references in Asterix & Obelisk II, a video game. There are also a lot of Spyro-looking merch I've found. Of course, there's numerous Spyro cameos in Crash Bandicoot too, including where he outright just appears in a cutscene.
Heck, one of those knock-off Spyro merchthings seem to have been referenced! An inflatable tube themed after a "magic dragon", that looked suspiciously like Spyro- it's not totally clear wether the reference was intended or just coincidental, but there's an inflatable dragon tube themed after Spyro in Skylanders: Giants(you can find it in Kaos' Kastle, if you pick it up you actually get 100 Gold).
Immeasurable callbacks in Skylanders itself, to the old series. If you want, you can count the lack of lip synch out of cutscenes as a reference to that from the old Spyro games, though I think that's a coincidence. Mystery. I just thought I would mention that, as it seems hardly anyone else has.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 14:04:59 25/10/2013 by Arc of Archives
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#4 Posted: 19:16:12 25/10/2013
The dragons in StD and the dragonflies in EtD are named after the people who worked on the game, if you pay attention during the credits, you'll be reading the same names. smilie (This might apply to the baby dragons in YotD too, I can't remember.)

A wizard in Ripto's Rage says "Klatu Verata Niktu," which is from Army of Darkness.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#5 Posted: 22:34:00 25/10/2013
I think the name "Brian" is in Summer Forest, too.

Quote:
According to Razz, right above(I think she posted it in the Spyro 1 section a year or two ago), that was actually one of the sayings around the Insomniac office based on Shemp from The Three Stooges. It's also the origin of the name of Dr. Shemp, the boss from Spyro 1. And I think one of the dragons from Spyro 3 had the name Shemp. It's been a while since I did real research on Spyro, so I may be remembering this wrong, though.

Yep, that's all true. :)
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#6 Posted: 22:42:16 25/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I remember the cameo of Spyro in one of the Crash games, wanting his gems back.

But Crash in A New Beginning?
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#7 Posted: 22:55:27 25/10/2013
Quote: Arc of Archives
There are a lot of cheat codes in Spyro games, I won't go over this, just Google them.
I actually just recently found out that there's a cheat code to give Sparx 4 points of health in GTG, just like he ends up getting in YoTD. I found it while snooping on SpyroHints. smilie Miss that site...

This site is still around. smilie
http://spyrohints.com/

I remember reading some of these easter eggs on a fansite called Spyro Universe. I miss that site and I used to go on it all the time before I discovered Dark Spyro (in fact, I probably wouldn't have found DS if it weren't for Spyro Universe).
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#8 Posted: 09:20:05 26/10/2013
@alicecarp I know, I just miss when it was, well, active smilie

And here's Crash:
[User Posted Image]
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#9 Posted: 09:32:56 26/10/2013
In AHT there was 'EuroCom' and 'Georgia Bum' written out by fridge magnets on a fridge in Bentley's post.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#10 Posted: 19:46:10 26/10/2013
The references to Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda in a A Hero's tail. And I'm sure a few dragons in YOTD were named after insomniac workers.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#11 Posted: 22:48:36 26/10/2013
Some of the dragonflies in Enter the Dragonfly are named after staff that worked on the game.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#12 Posted: 14:54:51 27/10/2013
Quote: Razz
I think the name "Brian" is in Summer Forest, too.

Quote:

Yep, that's all true. smilie

And "Brenda" is in Winter Tundra. smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:32:32 29/10/2013 by Kariana
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me