Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Dark: Frito Lay code giveaways? [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 01:06:05 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Dark:

I know that previously you have allowed folks to trade (in particular, the original Sidekicks promo) on the Skylanders forums.

The question has come up with the newest Frito Lay/Skylanders promo - the "Pumpkin" Fright Rider bags are seemingly impossible to find (I know I looked all over before dropping $30 on eBay for a code). Some folks are wanting to give away codes to other forum members but are being told that this is against the rules because it's somehow "advertising".

Would you be interested in chiming in with a "Yes", "No", or "Depends..."?

Thanks. -R
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#2 Posted: 04:11:28 23/10/2013
I just hate when hunters contradict themselves about what the rules are and how they apply them, especially when it only breaks the rules if it doesn't benefit them. I'm not naming names, but I think the matter should be addressed if we can get Dark's attention, since the issue happened on the thread in question.
---
Red Panda does not approve.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#3 Posted: 04:31:03 23/10/2013
Yeah, most of the mods in the Skylander sections suck, this isn't against the rules in anyway so yeah, hurry up Dark and comment.
#4 Posted: 04:48:30 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Let's not turn this into a mod-mob lynching.

The individual who brought this up was A) Acting in what he thought was the best interests of the forum and smilie Isn't even a moderator in the Skylanders section.
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#5 Posted: 04:53:47 23/10/2013
Not trying to turn it into a mod-mob UncleBob. ;) Just getting really sick of seeing hunters who patrol the threads acting in the best interest of the forum, but then go around on other threads and break the same rules they just tried to enforce. A refresher course in "How to be a Hunter" may be needed.

But I'm all for being able to help people out when they have these giveaway type things. I've yet to see the Fright Rider bags, and I fear I won't be seeing the QuickDraw Rattle Shake ones either. I would be ever so grateful and return the favor should someone do one for me. I don't see the harm in helping people out, especially if its just passing along a code for a sweepstakes... Its not like there's millions of dollars at stake either.
---
Red Panda does not approve.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 14:22:28 23/10/2013
Eh, I hear about people giving each other codes online all the time. I don't see why it should be a problem. Of course, I have no experience with any of this, so I'm guessing my word is next to useless. ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#7 Posted: 15:17:44 23/10/2013
Yeah that kind of thing should be fine. The only potential issue with it is the begging that can often follow.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#8 Posted: 23:11:12 23/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the clear and concise answer Dark! I figured as much, but it's great to see it written out. smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 00:33:05 24/10/2013
Thank you for clarifying.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
josiebrown Red Sparx Gems: 28
#10 Posted: 15:29:59 12/11/2013
Giving codes is ok.b/c its on the bags.here's one for the snake..3am22890184..hope. this helps anybody
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me