Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Random Shorts [CLOSED]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1 Posted: 00:39:36 20/10/2013 | Topic Creator
So, I just made this topic for me mostly, but you all can do it to!
*sits at empty hall as tumble weeds go by*
Annnyyywaayyy......
Ya, so just post some small shorts or segments of stories you wrote, or if you need to write something that's not very big, post it here ^.^ Mostly, post like, one post long stories or scenes.
I just need to write something @_@ And just to try out how things sound and stuff....

Le mood music: http://youtu.be/9Ht2kty5FWM

I remember his red hair. The kid always had it spiked up, like fire. No matter what you did to it, it always stayed up like one of those annoying rubber clown punching bag things that come back when you hit it. Many would ask if he dyed his hair, and he would simply say no. The fact is, it was a completely unnatural color of red, a fiery red, not like the orange-red you think of when people say 'redhead.' His eyes reflected that color, flames within them. His pupils were black like the night with the pleasant red outline of his iris. Some would immediately call him a demon, or avoid him at all costs, but I didn't. I didn't because I knew who he was. He was no demon, the opposite actually. He was the sweetest guy around, being friendly to everyone around him, helping others with tasks, and pointing out helpful things to the ones who were stumped. His laugh was a hearty laugh, not deep but not high pitched. Oh, how his eyes would shine when he laughed, you could almost see little stars in them. They would glimmer in the red and black background. It would entrance me to look closer. His pearly whites would always appeared when he smiled, mostly in a toothy grin. He always kept me on my toes, chasing after him when he would take off, his mind set on whatever it was. We had the funnest times, joking around and making fun of everything the other did. One would be there for the other in hard times, offering a shoulder to cry into, comforting them. He made me smile, made my life worth something, made me want to continue on living. He brought light to my dark, hidden world. He made up for everything I wasn't, the better half of me. It pains me whenever I think of that day, I held him in my arms, an ugly red puddle under us, his life slowly draining away. Covered in dirt, tears streaming down my face, I never let him go. It seemed that time had slowed around us. I looked into his eyes, smiling to still see that familiar flame, but then it upset me when they flame began to die. His voice was rough and hoarse, I could barley make out what he said. But, I will never forget what I heard. "Please Mikey, never give up. Your the sun of my life, you lit up the parts I didn't even know I had. Even now, as I fade from this world, I think of how lucky I was to get to be with someone like you, someone I truly love with all my heart. Mikey, I will always love you" and that was the last thing he said, his breathe seemingly drawn from his body after. I miss him. My heart aches for his familiar embrace, his strong arms wrapping me in a safe and secure place. My heart has broken a thousand times since then...and it still does. I will love Phoenix forever, and no one could ever take his place.
~Mikey

eh...was trying something...not sure if it worked out
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:15 20/10/2013 by DragonCamo
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#2 Posted: 02:02:55 20/10/2013
It's pretty good. I'm tempted to post a sample from a story of mine, that has a similar moment.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#3 Posted: 02:11:18 20/10/2013 | Topic Creator
You should. ^.^ And ya, I'm still getting the detail and thoughts part of writing via first person. This was really an attempt at both emotion and first person writing.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#4 Posted: 02:25:13 20/10/2013
First person is hard for me. I always end up sarcastic.
---
I is ded
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#5 Posted: 02:45:04 20/10/2013
I spoilered because I spoilered.

Note: This event concludes the story. There are many events leading up to this point that aren't put into detail. These will mostly not be referenced here, but it may still raise some questions and appear to be out of context.

Because DC did music, here is a song I have often pictured with this scene.

Her body fell, slowly, as if time itself had slowed, as the energy burst faded around her and she landed softly on the charred ground beneath her. Once it was safe to return, Jarrod raced back to the large crater that once was the peacful town of Chrona, Virgina. In the middle of the site, still giving on smoke, sizziling with residual energy, lay the love of his life, Kodie. He reached her and collapsed to his knees. The clouds in the sky overheard parting above them as the rain finally stopped, letting sun peak through to him as tears began to roll down his cheeks.

He picked up her lifeless body and held her in his arms, her head resting gently on his forearms. He gently brushed the soft brown hair from her face and leaned over her, his forehead touching hers as the tears fell. He had loved her ever since the moment he first saw her, and she had loved him. That's why she did, that's why she had sacrificed herself the way she did. She had to, to keep him safe, to save everyone. He knew in his heart that she had done it for him, but it didn't lessen the pain. As he sobbed, the small black velvet box fell from his navy jacket pocket. Upon hitting the ground, it popped open, causing the ring he planned to give her later that day to fall to the ground and land in the mud.

His sister walked over to him from the safe area Kodie had sent them to and put a hand on Jarrod's shoulder. She wanted so bad to hug him, to console him, but he needed to hold her in his arms one last time.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#6 Posted: 02:51:58 20/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Good job Seiki. How sad though smilie
And ya, i agree Dark_Spyro. It's hard for me to keep a personality for my character. I also have problems with repetitive 'I's
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me