Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > ..:The Land Before Pokemon (Prehistoric Pokemon RP):..
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
..:The Land Before Pokemon (Prehistoric Pokemon RP):.. [CLOSED]
FrigidHearts Red Sparx Gems: 79
#1 Posted: 01:58:51 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
..:Story:..

Before the Pokedex, before trainers, before the pokeball, before the pokemon world as we know it today...there was another world in its place. A hostile, vicious, prehistoric world inhabited by pokemon and scattered groups of early humans. This land, ruthless as it was, was home to every pokemon and every person, just as it is today. Pokemon rule the skies, land, and sea. They fill the jungles and oceans with their cries, and they roam proudly over every inch, every mile, living far and wide. People are at the bottom of the food chain in this world. A few have trained pokemon to help them hunt or just to be simple companions, but the concept of the pokemon battle has not yet been conceived. Here, we take a look at some of the wild pokemons' lives; their triumphs and tragedies, their victories and their losses...

Here, we take a look back. Into the Land Before Pokemon.

Ah, that cliche opener. Anyways, welcome to my first RP! Pretty simple concept, but let me lay down the rules (READ THEM!!) just in case~

..:Rules:..
1. Anyone is allowed to join! HOWEVER: I must accept your character application before you're allowed to start RPing.
2. Please use decent grammar. I know, I know, this is the internet; there are bound to be plenty of mistakes. But please, try to be mature and use correct capitalization, grammar, & punctuation (just Google it if you aren't sure). Swearing is allowed, uncensored or otherwise; whatever you're comfortable posting is fine by me. To sum it up: don't use texting language.
3. ABSOLUTELY NO GODMODDING. I cannot stress this enough. It's completely lame of you to do in the first place, plus it makes the RP way less fun for everyone else. DON'T DO IT OR YOU SHALL TASTE MY MIGHTY BANHAMMER!!
4. NO. MARY. SUES. If you didn't already know, a Mary-Sue is, in short, an overpowered (usually female) character that completely trumps everyone else's characters. They're annoying to deal with and are usually owned by underage kids who don't know the meaning of the word 'balance.' The male version is called a Gary-Stu. CREATING A MARY-SUE/GARY-STU WILL EARN YOU ONE FREE TICKET ON THE BANHAMMER EXPRESS!!
5. Please keep the amount of OOC posts to a minimum. This is a roleplay, after all, not a private messaging system. dS has a seperate system for that. Just use OOC posts for quick notes between you and the other RPers, 'kay?
6. You can have up to 3 wild pokemon characters and 2 prehistoric human characters. Each human can (but doesn't have to) have 1 companion pokemon, meaning you can have up to 2 companion pokemon. This makes for a grand total of 7 characters max.
7. Although this is a prehistoric pokemon RP and fossil pokemon are preferred, I am not against you using others, as the canon universe does specify that modern-day pokemon did exist in prehistoric times. I also don't care about which generation it's from; if it's a non-legendary pokemon, you can use it. Shiny pokemon are fine too, but you can only have 1 shiny, since they are very rare, so choose carefully! LEGENDARY POKEMON ARE COMPLETELY OFF-LIMITS, NO EXCEPTIONS. Pseudo-legendaries are fine.

I should also specify; on real Earth, the dinosaurs were so big because the atmosphere had a much higher amount of oxygen than it does today, making most creatures enormous. From this we can assume that the prehistoric pokemon world was the same way. This means that the pokemon, especially the fossil pokemon, will be much bigger than normal. My character, Frigid the Aurorus, is the same size as a small brachiosaurus. The same should apply to you; all of your pokemon characters should be bigger than the numbers in the pokedex and on Bulbapedia. In the same way, all humans should be somewhat tall and muscular.

..:Character Application:..
Name:
Species: (If your char is a pokemon, list their species here, ex. Pikachu, Squirtle, etc. If they are a human, simply put "Human.")
Height:
Weight:
Length: (Give an estimate. From nose to tail. This doesn't apply to humans and bipedal pokemon.)
Type: (This does not apply to humans.)
Ability: (Yes, you can have hidden abilities. This does not apply to humans.)
Held Item: (Wild pokemon CANNOT have held items. Only companion pokemon can. This does not apply to humans.)
Moveset: (This does not apply to humans.)
Move #1
Move #2
Move #3
Move #4
Backstory: (Try to keep this brief, but deliver your point well!)
Status: (Caught or Wild; companion pokemon will have the status of Caught, wild pokemon will, obviously, have the status of Wild. This does not apply to humans.)
Appearance: (Insert a link to a picture or directly insert the picture of your character here. I prefer directly inserted pictures, but if you have to use a link, go ahead.)
Combat/Hunting Abilities: (These are special skills your char will have that distinguishes them from other characters. Try to keep to the status quo with pokemon; base abilities on their stats. For humans, prettymuch anything goes.)
Personality: (Again, try to keep this short. Describe your character realistically; beware of Mary-Sue-ness!)

Name: Frigid
Level: 42
Species: Aurorus
Height: 40 ft
Weight: 30 tons
Length: 75 ft
Type: Rock/Ice
Ability: Snow Warning
Held Item: N/A
Moveset:
Ice Beam
Freeze-Dry
AncientPower
Calm Mind
Backstory: Frigid was born in an icy cave on Mt. Snowdrift, the tallest mountain in a mountain range that borders the Kalos region. Her parents were killed when she was a young Amaura; they had traveled down from their cave home on the summit to collect food. A storm rolled in and lightning quickly set fire to the jungle they were traversing through. Many other pokemon ran, however, being sauropods, Frigid and her parents were slower than most and got caught in the flames. A pair of Tyrantrum with their child, a young male Tyrunt, watched from the shadows. They had been stalking Frigid and her parents ever since they descended from the mountain. With fire blocking the ice pokemons' path one way and a pair of hungry Tyrantrum the other, the family quickly found themselves between a rock and a hard place. Frigid's father defended them whilst her mother spotted an exit and shepherded Frigid to it. Smaller and more agile than her parents, Frigid took off, not daring to look back when she heard the ear-splitting cries of her helpless parents.

Some time passed, and Frigid quickly learned how to battle efficiently. She survived and evolved, eventually returning to her home on Mt. Snowdrift, where she currently lives. Over the course of her relatively short life, Frigid has run into the Tyrunt she saw that fateful night, who has since evolved as well. She frequently travels down from the mountain to the plains, but rarely risks going into the jungle or the forest, as many hungry jaws lie in wait for her there.
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Credit goes to Ken Sugimori
Combat/Hunting Abilities: Though slow-moving, Frigid has a lot of stamina and can travel for long distances without getting tired. Typically, she is a slow runner, but can run very fast if threatened. She is a strict herbivore and an expert at gathering fruit, a skill her mother taught her when she was very young. When fighting, aside from her moveset, Frigid can crush things with her feet and use both her long neck and tail as weapons. Her neck is very muscular and can shatter bone; her tail acts more like a whip.
Personality: Frigid is very quiet and shy. She prefers to be approached by others rather to initiate conversation herself, though, around friends, she opens up slightly. True to her type, she can be known to be very cold-hearted, often acting selfishly in most situations. She is very intelligent and can solve problems with rational thinking. Beneath her icy, unapproachable personality, Frigid knows that everyone is good in some way and tries not to judge them.

Now go forth and MAKE SOME RP MAGIC!!
---
.S.n.o.w.d.r.i.f.t.s.b.u.i.l.d.u.p.a.n.d.e.n.f.o.l.d.u.s.
.A.s.w.e.w.a.i.t.o.u.t.t.h.i.s.w.i.n.t.e.r.s.t.o.r.m.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 21:43:38 22/10/2013 by FrigidHearts
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#2 Posted: 02:02:08 19/10/2013
OOC: Wow. You're new and you know how to make a good detailed roleplay.
I might join later.
#3 Posted: 02:03:11 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Thank you ;-; I've had some past experience, and a good friend of mine is a dedicated RPer.
---
#4 Posted: 02:04:42 19/10/2013
OOC: Ah, awesome.
So yeah, I may join later.
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4397
#5 Posted: 02:05:57 19/10/2013
OOC: I can't join this even though i like Pokemon. I would if i could though.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#6 Posted: 02:06:50 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: I look forward to it if you do!
I understand. Don't feel pressured to join. smilie
---
#7 Posted: 02:07:17 19/10/2013
OOC: Do we have to use dinosaur pokemon and can we just use modern world pokemon, as well? I don't know any dinosaur pokemon.
#8 Posted: 02:07:55 19/10/2013
Quote: Spyro-Gamer
OOC: Do we have to use dinosaur pokemon and can we just use modern world pokemon, as well? I don't know any dinosaur pokemon.

OOC: tyrunt is one
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#9 Posted: 02:08:52 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: All non-legendary pokemon are acceptable~
---
#10 Posted: 02:10:02 19/10/2013
OOC: but Tyrunt is one
---
#11 Posted: 02:13:20 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yes, Eevee. Tyrunt is one.
---
#12 Posted: 02:21:44 19/10/2013
OOC: can i join if i use words i know how to type?
---
#13 Posted: 02:23:05 19/10/2013
OOC: ^Um, what?
Ok, cool. I will join soon. :3
#14 Posted: 02:23:56 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: You can apply, but I have to accept you before you can join permanently. As long as you don't spam with OOC posts and one-liners, chances are you'll get in.
---
#15 Posted: 02:27:57 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: This list will be updated in the future (ooh, time travel) with the names of those who are banned from RPing in this thread!
Quote:
Banned Users
hardcoreignitor
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:34 19/10/2013 by FrigidHearts
#16 Posted: 02:32:41 19/10/2013
OOC: Um, I don't know the Height, Weight, and Length of my pokemon. Do I have to look it up, or can I skip this?
#17 Posted: 02:35:18 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Go to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/ and look up your pokemon. Beneath its artwork on the right of the screen will be a set of information; there you will find its height & weight. Length is just an estimation, or you can Google it. Remember: this is prehistoric, therefore, your pokemon should be a few times bigger than the numbers you find there.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:39:31 19/10/2013 by FrigidHearts
#18 Posted: 02:37:28 19/10/2013
OOC: do you have to have a human?
---
#19 Posted: 02:37:54 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Nope.
---
#20 Posted: 02:38:43 19/10/2013
OOC: okay then i will post my charter soon
---
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#21 Posted: 02:39:31 19/10/2013
OOC: I may join this later, if I have the time.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#22 Posted: 02:39:59 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Looking forward to it~
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#23 Posted: 02:50:33 19/10/2013
Might as well try.

Name: Rocker
Level: 43
Species: Carracosta
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 200.5 lbs
Length: Er.....5'11"? Seeing how it's an upright walking Pokemon.
Type: Water/Rock
Ability: Swift Swim (Depends if Hidden Abilities are allowed, if not, Sturdy)
Held Item:N/A
Moveset:
Ancient Power
Crunch
Iron Defense
Rain Dance
Backstory: Rocker was born along with 12 other Tirtouga hatchinglings. He was one of the 5 hatchinglys that actually survived long enough to make it to the ocean, and part of the 3 that survived until evolution. Before though, he lived a hidden and scared life, constantly on the watch for preditors and Pokemon that would like to nibble on him. Staying with one of his sisters for most of his life, they protected eachother. They ate seaweed, sea plants, and sometimes some smaller Pokemon. Unfortunally, one day he witnessed his sister being speared by a human when they swam close to the surface. Fleeing, he avoided another spear that was launched at him. He grew up alone and became cold hearted. After he evolved, he approched the mainland and took his revenge on the humans he knew had killed his sister. He now wanders the mainland, having many fights with Archeops for food, and other Pokemon for territory.
Appearance: [User Posted Image] (Credit to original Artist)
Combat/Hunting Abilities: Rocker is a very slow Pokemon on land, usually outrun by other, faster Pokemon. Though, when in water, he is a speed demon, usually faster than most others. His defensive measures basically include his think shell, which protects him from most attacks. For hunting, he usually find a shallow pool/pond and will fit there, waiting for a fish Pokemon to come into his grasp, and strikes. He does well against other Pokemon, but very weak to grass types, which he likes to avoid.
Personality: Because of his rough childhood, Rocker is tough and cold on both the outside and inside. He does start fights with many Pokemon though, mostly for food. He ignores most others around him, focusing on his current task. Selfish and a loner, Rocker doesn't like others very much unless he gets something from them.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#24 Posted: 02:54:05 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Nice app! And yes, Hidden Abilities are perfectly acceptable. You're in!
---
#25 Posted: 02:58:33 19/10/2013
OOC:

Name: Maria
Level: (This does not apply to humans.) 39
Species: (If your char is a pokemon, list their species here, ex. Pikachu, Squirtle, etc. If they are a human, simply put "Human.") Tyrunt
Height: 2'07" 0.8 m
Weight: 57.3 lbs. 26.0 kg
Length: (From nose to tail. This doesn't apply to humans and human-like pokemon.) I don't know
Type: (This does not apply to humans.) Rock and Dragon
Ability: (This does not apply to humans.) Strong Jaw
Held Item: (Wild pokemon CANNOT have held items. Only companion pokemon can. This does not apply to humans.) This is a wild pokemon so none
Moveset: (This does not apply to humans.) what is that?
Move #1 Tackle
Move #2 Rock Tomb
Move #3 Dragon tail
Move #4 dragon breathe
Backstory: (Try to keep this brief, but deliver your point well!) Maria was raised by her family. The cave man team rocket caught her parents. She fought team rocket but lost and fainted. Maria somehow got revived and she continues to search for her family.
Status: (Caught or Wild; companion pokemon will have the status of Caught, wild pokemon will, obviously, have the status of Wild. This does not apply to humans.) Not sure
Appearance: (Insert a link to a picture or directly insert the picture of your character here. I prefer directly inserted pictures, but if you have to use a link, go ahead.) http://www.google.com/imgres?i...ved=0CDAQ9QEwAA
Combat/Hunting Abilities: (These are special skills your char will have that distinguishes them from other characters. Try to keep to the status quo with pokemon; base abilities on their stats. For humans, prettymuch anything goes.) She is good at running and jumping. She can solve any problem they have.
Personality: (Again, try to keep this short. Describe your character realistically; beware of Mary-Sue-ness!) nice and caring. Can get annoyed easy.

OOC: i am trying not to Mary Sue
---
#26 Posted: 03:04:54 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Not a bad try, but you might want to clean it up a little if you want a better chance at getting in. For example, delete all the stuff in parentheses, and come up with a length if you can't find one. I think a Tyrunt of Maria's size would be roughly 3 ft from nose to tail.
---
#27 Posted: 03:08:06 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Certainly! :3
(On a side note, I love your avatar *huggles Cas*)
---
#28 Posted: 03:17:28 19/10/2013
Name: Ruby
Level: 57
Species: Flygon
Height: 2.0 metres
Weight: 82.0 kg
Length: [Couldn't find anything]
Type: Ground/Dragon
Ability: Levitate
Held Item: N/A
Moveset:
Move #1: Sand Attack
Move #2: Dragon Claw
Move #3: Hyperbeam
Move #4: Dragon Tail
Backstory: Ruby lived in the mountains with her parents, her sister and her brother. Her brother died in a forest fire when he was young. Her sister ran away and her mother was caught only a few years ago by some cruel humans. She lived with her father until she decide to leave and set out a new future for herself.
Appearance:
[User Posted Image]
Combat/Hunting Abilities: Ruby's speed is her advantage. She's faster/quicker than a lot of flygons her age. Her attack is average, but her defense is low.
Personality: Ruby is stubborn most of the time, but is loyal, smart and great at making friends, and rivals. She gets angry or annoyed when things don't go her way or someone annoys the heck out of her.
#29 Posted: 03:18:33 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Nice one! I love Flygon. You're in~
---
#30 Posted: 03:19:20 19/10/2013
OOC: Awesome. Thanks. :3
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#31 Posted: 06:55:57 19/10/2013
Name: Tyranno

Level: 58

Species: Aerodactyl

Height: 6'11''

Weight: 140 lbs

Length: (I'm honestly not sure about this one. Bulbapedia doesn't say anything about length.)

Type: Rock/Flying

Ability: Rock Head

Held Item: None

Moveset:
Move #1: Stone Edge
Move #2: Sky Drop
Move #3: Iron Head
Move #4: Thunder Fang

Backstory: Tyranno was born in the cave of a tall mountain. He had loving parents and several brothers and sisters. The mother would stay in the cave with the hatchlings to protect them, while the father went out hunting for food. One day, while the father was hunting, the mountain they called home was invaded by a group of Skarmory that wanted to claim the nest for themselves. While the hatchlings hid in a safe place, the mother tried to fight off the Skarmory flock. However, she was outnumbered and with a type disadvantage. The flock made quick work of her, but before they could officially move in or attack the hatchlings, the mountain shook. The battle being the Pokemon had caused the ceiling to break and crumble. The Pokemon only had moments to flee before being caved in or crushed by falling rocks. Most of the Skarmory made it out fine. Most of the hatchlings were able to at least glide out of the cave to avoid being crushed to death. All but one escaped. Tyranno didn't quite make it out, as a fallen rock had blocked off the exit. He managed to avoid getting crushed, but he was currently trapped in the cave, and was even blocked off from his mother. However, Tyranno wasn't alone. One of the Skarmory had been trapped as well and attempted to knock out Tyranno. However, the Skarmory missed completely, and actually made a small hole that was just big enough for Tyranno to crawl through. The young Aerodactyl wasted no time escaping the cave and the clutches of the Skarmory. He managed to glide down the mountainside, only stopping on the occasional ledge to rest. Tyranno saw no trace of his siblings, and his father had not returned from hunting. He thought of waiting for them, but he heard an angry screech as the Skarmory poked his head out of a hole he had made. Tyranno then fled out of fear and had since then been on his own. To this day, he still searches for any trace of his family.

Appearance: http://www.deviantart.com/art/...actyl-274979205
(Credit to original artist for the picture)

Combat/Hunting Abilities: With high speed and attack power, Tyranno tends to focus more on hit and run tactics. His aerial skills are top notch and he often uses that to his advantage when facing opponents, especially if they can't fly. He typically prefers not to pick fights with larger Pokemon, since he knows he isn't the strongest Pokemon around. When it comes to hunting, Tyranno has the benefits of being an omnivore. He is just as satisfied with finding fruit as he is with meat. When he does eat meat, he searches for prey from the skies, waiting to spot something small that would be easy pickings. When Tyranno sees something acceptable and easy to get, he'll swoop down from the sky and catch his prey with either his jaws or his talons. Then he'll land up high somewhere, out of reach from other predators that may try to steal his catch, and then have his dinner.

Personality: Despite appearances and first impressions, Tyranno is more timid than one might expect. He doesn't show it and tries to come off as tough and fearless, when really he can be easily intimidated. He's a loner, and tries to avoid contact with other Pokemon, especially the large ones. He just wants to avoid trouble so that he can survive. He typically only picks fights with Pokemon that are smaller and weaker than him so that he can level up and get stronger. Tyranno is determined to get stronger so he can not only survive, but perhaps get revenge on the Skarmory race for what they did in the past.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:59:31 19/10/2013 by Cynder09
#32 Posted: 07:25:04 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make an Aerodactyl char. You're in. smilie
Ok, we have 4 people counting myself now. Anyone want to start, or shall I?
---
#33 Posted: 07:38:18 19/10/2013
OOC: You should start. You're the GM after all.
#34 Posted: 07:51:58 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
The moon was full, illuminating the chilly, white ground. A cold wind blew across the young Aurorus' back as her feet sank into the snow. Every so often she would make this journey, throwing caution to the wind for the sake of her own hunger. Living up in the mountains had its upsides; there were no predators to speak of. However, there was also no food that suited her diet of fruits, nuts, and succulent green leaves. For that reason, Frigid would travel down from her cave on Mt. Snowdrift every few weeks to restock her supplies. The mere thought of trees lined with their crisp, tender leaves and spilling over with various berries was enough to make her mouth water. Oran, pecha, pomeg...she could almost taste their succulent flavors.

Several moments passed, and the depth of the snow began to give way to grassy, rocky terrain as Frigid stepped out onto the plains. The cold wind finally ceased, and she shivered slightly, shaking off the snow that had collected along her back during the trek down. Ahead of her, still, was a long road to the edge of the forest, where she would find all she needed. Looking up into the starry night sky, Frigid frowned to herself. She always hated traveling so far from home. It brought back too many bad memories. Bringing her gaze back down to the horizon after a moment, she set off. She knew her pace would have to be quick. The journey was already going to take half the night, not to mention any nighttime predators or humans that might be wandering around. Frigid sighed, a cloud of cold breath escaping her lips. It was going to be a long night.
---
#35 Posted: 07:59:56 19/10/2013
Tyranno was currently flying high up in the sky, gazing down at the forest below him. As he soared, his eyes scanned the ground for any small prey that may be out wandering around. He wasn't always successful at finding easy prey and catching something. Sometimes the prey was clever or fast enough to elude him. Other times, the prey turned out to be a hatchling that was being protected by it's parent. However, Tyranno figured that now would be a good time to search for small prey. It was highly possible that some young and helpless Pokemon had been separated from it's herd. Any stray like that would be easy pickings for the Aerodactyl.
---
#36 Posted: 08:26:59 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
As the night grew shorter, Frigid found herself nearing the edge of the plains. However, just before she reached the forest, she noticed a small ravine she hadn't seen before. She could hear the steady running of water coming from the inside. Her mouth was dry. 'I must have been traveling for a while,' she thought. Curiosity and thirst took over, and she decided to abandon her foraging spree, for the moment, to investigate her discovery. A section of the near side of the ravine was a gentle incline leading down into it; the perfect way to get a closer look without breaking a leg in the process. Frigid walked over to it and carefully inched her way down the slope until she was in the ravine.

Being inside gave her a different point of view. The walls were as tall as she was, and were far apart; the ravine could have fit 2 or 3 more of her. A small stream ran over the side, creating a small waterfall which drained into a natural, shallow well. The water trickled out over the small oasis and formed another stream leading down through the ravine. Frigid stretched her neck to see up over the edge. The forest was very close, maybe a mile away. Yet still, the urge to explore drove the pokemon to press on. Bringing her long neck back down, she lapped at the miniature waterfall, quenching her thirst before moving further down the ravine.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:38 19/10/2013 by FrigidHearts
#37 Posted: 08:39:46 19/10/2013
Tyranno perked up as he heard the desperate, wailing cry of a perhaps young and helpless Pokemon. Eager to find something to eat, he quickly flew in the direction of the sound. With his fast flying speed, it didn't take Tyranno long to find the source of the cry. It was indeed a young, defenseless Pokemon. The stray was an Archen that had likely fallen out of his nest somewhere and had gotten separated from his family. Tyranno assumed that the young one was incapable of flight at it's young age, and also figured it was alone. He swooped down from the sky towards the small bird, licking his lips in anticipation of the dinner he was about to have.

However, Tyranno wasn't the only Pokemon to hear the Archen's cries. Two large Archeops had just arrived on the scene, and screeched angrily as they rushed in front of the hatchling, blocking Tyranno's talons from reaching it. Tyranno came to a dead stop, surprised to see that the baby Pokemon was being protected. One of the Archeops stayed with the Archen, while the other used Dragon Claw on Tyranno to chase him off. Tyranno got the message and figured the meal wasn't worth fighting for. He turned around and flew off as the angry Archeops chased after him. Once they felt he was far enough away from the child, the Archeops flew back to the others. Tyranno would have to search elsewhere for his meal tonight.
---
#38 Posted: 09:24:44 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
As Frigid made her way down the ravine, careful to step over rocks and avoid slipping in the stream, she came upon a dead end. A large nest made of long branches sat at the end, three sleeping Tyrunt hatchlings resting inside. They didn't take notice of Frigid's presence at all; in fact, they seemed dead asleep. Not surprising, considering how late it was.

Frigid realized she should probably leave immediately. No doubt the parent, or parents, of these youngsters would be returning soon, and she certainly didn't want to be there when they did. Never mind the fact that her scent was already all over the place. Frigid quickly turned to leave, but was stopped in her tracks by a loud roar. An adult Tyrantrum ran over and leaped into the ravine, blocking her only escape. A low growl rumbled in the angry predator's mouth, and Frigid's eyes stretched wide with fear as she sank to the ground, her head hanging. Flashbacks of her parents overtook her mind as the Tyrantrum drew closer, its huge jaws seeping saliva. With another roar, the Tyrantrum charged, and Frigid snapped out of her trance.

Whipping her head up and opening her mouth to face her adversary, a bright ball of blue light formed in front of her mouth which promptly shot out a beam of the same color. Frigid's Ice Beam attack hit dead-on, sending the Tyrantrum flying backwards into a large rock. The pokemon twitched slightly before falling limp, its HP completely drained. Frigid shook her head and ran, not stopping to look back. She was scared, confused, and hungry. She wanted out. Before long, she reached the entry point and scrambled up over the slope, panting slightly. Looking up at the horizon once more, she noticed the sun was beginning to rise. 'Great,' she thought, 'what a fine waste of time that was.' Going back to the mountains was out of the question; she was still hungry and it was just too far. After a moment of contemplation, Frigid regained her composure and decided to go on toward the forest.
---
#39 Posted: 10:44:25 19/10/2013
Tyranno froze mid-flight, hearing a loud roar that sounded too close to his location for comfort. He gulped, knowing exactly what kind of roar that was. He recognized it as a Tyrantrum's cry. Then he soon heard other sounds after the roar. It sounded like the large predator had found some helpless prey and attacked it, perhaps sending some Pokemon straight into some rocks by the sound of that noise. Tyranno thought for sure that the poor creature unfortunate enough to come face to face with a hungry Tyrantrum was more than likely dead. Not wanting to join the poor creature that was likely being snacked upon right now, Tyranno turned tail and flew off in the opposite direction, ascending higher into the sky. He had much rather take his chances with the Archeops again then face off against a Tyrantrum.
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#40 Posted: 14:20:45 19/10/2013
Can I join?
name: Tusker
Species: Mamaoswine (ued to be prehistoric then cuaght in Ice Age and friozen)
Level: 46
Leghth Height and Width: Not Sure... but like 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide and 165 pounds I guess
Moves:
Blizzard
Ancient Power
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Appearance: well...A Mamoswine. Not anything special, just a Mamoswine.
Type: Ice/Ground
Held Item: Icicle Plte
Backstory: A loooooong time ago, Tusker was just a little boy playing in the feilds when an Ice age sarted and froze him until he was melted!

ability: Oblivious: Cannot be attracted

Personality: Strong yet Gentle

Strategy: Tusker has high Attack and Defense skills and can battle fdor a long time, but has very low Speed and Evasaion and can be hit very easily.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:28:31 19/10/2013 by hardcoreignitor
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#41 Posted: 14:47:19 19/10/2013
Rocker slowly waded through the shallow waters of a clear pool. It was dinner time for him, and the end of his unfortunate prey. He carefully sunk down into the muck of the bed and waited for a Pokemon to swim close. His whole body was covered in the muck but his huge jaws, which appeared to be a cave to the smaller pond Pokemon. He noticed a small school of fish close by, some looking at the 'cave' with interest. Suddenly, the pond bed began rocking as a loud cry of a Pokemon exploded through the area. The school of fish began to quickly swim away, so Rocker jumped from his position and attempted to catch one. Even with his speed, he had troubles with the soft pond bed and eventually fell into the muck. He groaned and pushed himself up, angry at the creator of the cry. As he left the pond, he sighed and began to wander for other food, as his regular food source was disrupted.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#42 Posted: 15:44:08 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: hardcoreignitor, edit in Type, Backstory, Held Item, and Appearance, and you'll be good to go.

Daylight was just beginning to break over the prehistoric landscape. Frigid noticed the silhouette of an Aerodactyl on the horizon, its huge wings breaking up the sunbeams. Hungry, sore, and exhausted, she finally reached the forest. She knew she'd have to move quickly if she wanted to avoid predators. Wasting no time, she immediately found an oran berry tree and began to gently pull off the tender blue fruit. Every berry was placed on her back until a large pile was formed. To complete her hunt, Frigid moved over to a nearby group of ferns and pulled off a few of the large leaves. She arranged the fronds in a star-shaped pattern on the ground, with the stems pointing outward. Laying down next to her creation, Frigid dumped her load of berries into the center, making sure to sweep up any strays.

Next, with tender care, she moved her tail over to the food pile. Using her tail and her mouth, she tied 2 of the stems together. She repeated this action until she had a makeshift basket of food. Frigid sighed with relief, pleased at her work. The knot was tied multiple times so it would hold. Finally, she pulled a large vine from a nearby tree and tied it tightly around the loose ends of the leaves. Then, taking the vine in her mouth, she swung the bag up and onto the center of her back, before swinging the vine around her neck to ensure she wouldn't trip over it.

The Aurorus set off for home at last, smiling to herself at how quickly she'd managed to find a decent amount of food. Before long, she was out on the plains again, relieved to finally be away from the forest.
---
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#43 Posted: 19:38:47 19/10/2013
Name: Kokoro
Level: 40
Species: Marowak
Height: 3'05"
Weight: 100lbs.
Type: Ground
Ability: Lightningrod
Held Item: Thick Club
Moveset:
Bonemerang
Brick Break
Outrage
Dig
Backstory: Kokoro traveled the world alone. He set out from his family to travel across the land and see as much as he could of the world. He's learned many attacks and has faced many difficulties. As of now, he just walks along, training himself with discipline and a passion to get stronger. With quite unique moves, he's a versatile opponent and won't back down from a friendly challenge
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Combat/Hunting Abilities: Much to learn, but with an-all physical move set, Kokoro will get in close and deal as much damage as quickly as possible, leaping away when danger arises or using Dig to escape. Surprise attacks are a must and Kokoro will try surprise attacks from all around an opponent.
Personality: Determined and strong, he is willing to do things for himself rather than for others. Doesn't like to back down from challenges.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#44 Posted: 19:42:12 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: You're in.
---
#45 Posted: 20:08:45 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: In~
---
#46 Posted: 22:28:59 19/10/2013
Edited my bio pweeze let me in
---
nyeheheheheh

#47 Posted: 22:38:38 19/10/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Sorry. The bio's just not going to cut it. :/
---
#48 Posted: 23:37:12 19/10/2013
I can't think of anything >.<
---
nyeheheheheh

Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me