Page 1 of 1
Weird controller glitch [CLOSED]
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#1 Posted: 10:59:28 17/03/2007 | Topic Creator
Something really weird happened to my contoller last night. Right, when I booted up my Spyro the Dragon game, loaded up my game and ended up at the peir at the start of Peace Keepers World, Spyro suddenly started running to then left and jumped into the water when I wasn't even touching the contoller and I even tried pausing my game, but when I continued the game, Spyro carried on running off to the left. The funny thing was, when I rebooted the game, every thing was fine after that.
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10803
#2 Posted: 12:48:52 17/03/2007
Something like that happenned to me too! when I started my game, Spyro wouldnt stop walking in circles and I wasnt holding the controller!
spyroandsparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2220
#3 Posted: 13:30:18 17/03/2007
That never happened to me.

P.S. My STD disk broke a couple of months ago. smiliesmiliesmilie
---
COOCIE2 IS MY BEST FRIEND LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Last edited at 20:05:51 17/03/2007 by spyroandsparx
#4 Posted: 13:38:22 17/03/2007 | Topic Creator
Oh no! Maybe you can get a new one off eBay.
---
ThatsSoRaven Yellow Sparx Gems: 1166
#5 Posted: 13:19:13 25/03/2007
Quote: spyroandsparx

I'm feel very sorry for you... smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
---
"We'll be right back after these messages from Binford Tools." Tim "the Toolman Taylor" or Al "Insert insulting middle name here" Borland
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 14:08:37 25/03/2007
>.<

It is a glitch... it also happens in ETD.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#7 Posted: 20:31:11 31/03/2007
Something similar happened to me in RR.... Spyro wouldn't go straight; he kept moving v-e-r-y slowly to the right...
#8 Posted: 08:21:49 01/04/2007 | Topic Creator
Wow! I thought I was the only one. This really creeped me out at first, especially when it made it look as though Spyro was committing suicide by jumping off the peir.

p.s. this has happened to me in a couple of other games as well, must be quite a common glitch on PSX games
---
#9 Posted: 16:21:19 01/04/2007
Yes, I have to agree wid EVERYTHING on that.
#10 Posted: 23:01:04 01/04/2007
Sometimes... you can "fight" against the glitch, as you can move around, but going in the opposite direction of Spyro's running is very hard.
---
#11 Posted: 07:45:29 02/04/2007 | Topic Creator
I tried that but Spyro just wouldn't stop going to the left., even when I tried going to the right. All I could do was jump, charge, breath fire and pause the game.
---
the doctor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1617
#12 Posted: 10:59:36 14/04/2007
hey that happened to me the other day, but then agan batteries on it(it a wireless ne so it need batteries to work) were on low so i suppose it could have been just that...
---
A moment can last for seconds,
But a memory can last forever...
#13 Posted: 13:36:19 14/04/2007 | Topic Creator
But mines is just an ordinary controller, you know, not wireless
---
Fairytail Red Sparx Gems: 61
#14 Posted: 22:47:54 15/04/2007
That happens to me alot. Usually because the controller is never plugged in all the way. It's so annoying >.<
---
cherimu.deviantart.com <= Go there to see my prettiful artwork >w<
Red Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#15 Posted: 22:52:29 15/04/2007
Its happened to me and loads of my games (not just SPYRO games)
---
Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#16 Posted: 15:49:53 16/04/2007 | Topic Creator
Were they PSX only games?
---
#17 Posted: 03:28:12 21/04/2007
Lol, nice new avvie, Pyro girl. But all Spyro did on my controller glitch was to keep moving to the right! Wow, it never jumped, flamed, or paused on mine! That's rather creepy! However, it only happened to me on Spyro games...
#18 Posted: 14:30:01 21/04/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragginwings
Lol, nice new avvie, Pyro girl. But all Spyro did on my controller glitch was to keep moving to the right! Wow, it never jumped, flamed, or paused on mine! That's rather creepy! However, it only happened to me on Spyro games...

Thanks, I just drew Spyro myself when I was bored and thought 'Hey, that'll be cool avvie' and just scanned it onto the computer and wrote Spyro's name in Japanese on paint.

And that weird contoller glitch is creepy. It gave me a fright at first when mine made Spyro commit suicide.
---
#19 Posted: 23:37:19 30/04/2007
Cool. Not cool when Spyro commited suicide, though!
#20 Posted: 15:02:08 05/05/2007 | Topic Creator
It happened to me again but this time spyro kept walking towards the screen and he seemed to walk faster when I moved the camera around and again it fixed itself when I reset my PS2. At least he didn't commit suicide this time, though.

EDIT: I think I've found the problem. You know that plasic sort of rubber around the wire that you plug into the console? Well, I found that there was a tiny split in the plastic, very very slightly exposing the wires inside.
---
Last edited at 12:43:45 09/05/2007 by Pyro girl
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#21 Posted: 18:28:51 24/05/2007
I had this in the first three games and Jak and Daxter 1.

StD: I kept on rolling around the hill in the middle of the Artisans Home.

GtG: A helpful one, actually. On the fourth time attempting to get 'Perfect' against Ripto, Spyro kept on going towards the orbs. Shame he didn't charge, since he got hit by Ripto alot by not.

YotD: Now this was pure funny and weird. In Sunrise Spring Home, I passed Moneybags then suddenly I shifted to the left wall! I pushed away but I couldn't get off. Thankfully charging to the right got me moving, so I kept on doing so but whenever I stopped I'd crash into the left wall again. I even got into the Superfly cave, and it was creepy. Instead of going right, I hit the ceiling. Immediately, I went through it! I flew up into the air BEYOND the maximum height for the level. I went up to the point that when swimming into the air in Evening Lake you notice all the floating portals. I went beyond that. I went out of the graphics view and it all went black. Then, I found myself in Midday Garden! That's how the levels are spaced, I guess. By a black void. I was still superflying... upwards. I ended up in Evening Lake, Midnight Mountain and then Super Bonus. I even ended up in the final battle and, not having a clue, the Sorceress randomly died and I got Ying Yang. Only I didn't. The egg didn't appear. I then saw 'THE END', which darn spoiled it for me (!) and then I was back in Sunrise Spring. I tried to get out of the bug by smacking through some portals, but when I tried I didn't go through. I then had a random proxy jump and ended up out of the level and falling to my death. When you get an egg, Zoe saves, right? Well, when I got Ying Yang, after dying, I had been saved. I didn't see 'THE END' again, but I was in the final battle arena. Then I fell through the floor into the pink goo and a screeching high sound sounded and the game crashed. I gaped.

TPL: In Misty Island, Jak ran into the shark-infested water...

Weirdest. Glitches. Ever.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#22 Posted: 06:53:53 25/05/2007 | Topic Creator
Whoa! Very weird YotD glitch!
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#23 Posted: 15:13:31 26/05/2007
lol, yeah!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#24 Posted: 01:40:00 30/05/2007
Yup!
#25 Posted: 18:01:34 30/05/2007
I know. I wish you could get to the void with the swimming glitch, but I've tried. Also, alot of you know the invincibility and glide on water glitch in Stone Hill, right? I looked through YouTube and came across a video for an invincibility glitch in Dark Passage. I forget the link, but at a certain point where a dragon is and you glide to some ledge, there'll be some enemies. Let them hit you 'til you have no Sparx and quickly kill them. Now, go up to the armoured tortoise thing and go by him so he fires a rock and then quickly back off to the dragon platform (yes, you don't need to start a new game). As usual, everything will freeze but you and the platform's stuff whilst on the menu. Now choose Replay Dragon and when you do the rock in mid-air will hopefully hit you while the dragon is wobbling (requires practise). Once the dude shuts up, you'll be in-game and invincible! Go up to all the enemies and taunt them whilst they hit you and fail to kill you. Also, glide off the edge and you'll be gliding along the point of death. The camera may go a bit weird and may even go right through Spyro so that you see purpleness. Crash into something and you'll be ever-falling nowhere like in Stone Hill.

Also in Dark Passage, without any glitches or anything, I accidently fell off the edge to my death where that dragon I mentioned is. And when I was about to die, I saw at the bottom of the level the sparks of an enemy dying, or maybe a life. Creepy.

And in RedDevilDazzy's Dark Passage video, he mentions a glitch as he wobbles on top of a dog. I've accidently done it before. It's a proxy jump. Just glide over so that you're wobbling on top, and either get hit by another dog or jump (a bit like the proxy jump in Hurricos). Unfortunately, this isn't one that plummits you into the air, but one which sends you to the lower down ledge (it lead me there, but if it leads you somewhere else then tell me where, even if it sends you into the goo).

And to Pyro Girl: Weird glitch, weird person. It works.

And to Lover of Spyro: You are Spyro mad.

And to Dragginwings: Loving that siggy!

And to myself: Moooooooo.

And to dark52: *Thumbs up*

And to RedDevilDazzy: *Thumbs--OWW!!!!*

And to Spyro: Why did you just set my finger on fire.

And to my siggy: I just added a third line to you.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#26 Posted: 19:42:50 30/05/2007
Quote: Ross
And to Dragginwings: Loving that siggy!

Awww, thanks!! smilie

The part about Dark Passage is creepy!
Last edited at 19:45:07 30/05/2007 by Dragginwings
#27 Posted: 00:32:31 31/05/2007
Once... I put my PSX controller on the table.. and something in my STD game caused it to rumble... and the controller actually fell of the table and the game paused. When I unpaused... I got Pyro Girl's glitch! o_0
---
#28 Posted: 15:43:32 02/06/2007
Lol. I got another glitch in GtG with my wireless controller. The light on it was flashing, in other words low battery. Since I had saved in Breeze Harbour yesterday, I started there and Spyro went left... right into the aim of one of those metal bucket things. I just replaced the controller's adaptor with the other one and gave the bucket thing a good ol' superflame for revenge.

Also, I can't get the Swim-in-the-Air glitch in Breeze Harbour to work. Anyone know any videos?

EDIT: I found another Invincibility Glitch! In Terrace Village, get hit three times and kill all the floor-zappers in the area with the second dragon but NOT the last one. Time it right so that you charge off the unzapped platform just as it's gonna be zapped, so that you get pushed forwards and directly into the platform and free the dragon. Let him talk then you can go around laughing at enemies whilst you walk over zapped floors. And, ofcourse, glide into the green goo, if you don't mind being stuck.
---
Last edited at 17:12:18 02/06/2007 by Ross
#29 Posted: 21:12:05 18/06/2007
Cool, I'll have to try that. smilie
game geek Red Sparx Gems: 47
#30 Posted: 20:09:45 30/06/2007
i know how it happens. the button may be tilted a little to the direction its moving, or its just kind of a glitch and all u have to do is reset it. it happens to everyone...even me once in a while
cameron627 Red Sparx Gems: 37
#31 Posted: 02:53:35 01/07/2007
Quote: Ross
I had this in the first three games and Jak and Daxter 1.

StD: I kept on rolling around the hill in the middle of the Artisans Home.

GtG: A helpful one, actually. On the fourth time attempting to get 'Perfect' against Ripto, Spyro kept on going towards the orbs. Shame he didn't charge, since he got hit by Ripto alot by not.

YotD: Now this was pure funny and weird. In Sunrise Spring Home, I passed Moneybags then suddenly I shifted to the left wall! I pushed away but I couldn't get off. Thankfully charging to the right got me moving, so I kept on doing so but whenever I stopped I'd crash into the left wall again. I even got into the Superfly cave, and it was creepy. Instead of going right, I hit the ceiling. Immediately, I went through it! I flew up into the air BEYOND the maximum height for the level. I went up to the point that when swimming into the air in Evening Lake you notice all the floating portals. I went beyond that. I went out of the graphics view and it all went black. Then, I found myself in Midday Garden! That's how the levels are spaced, I guess. By a black void. I was still superflying... upwards. I ended up in Evening Lake, Midnight Mountain and then Super Bonus. I even ended up in the final battle and, not having a clue, the Sorceress randomly died and I got Ying Yang. Only I didn't. The egg didn't appear. I then saw 'THE END', which darn spoiled it for me (!) and then I was back in Sunrise Spring. I tried to get out of the bug by smacking through some portals, but when I tried I didn't go through. I then had a random proxy jump and ended up out of the level and falling to my death. When you get an egg, Zoe saves, right? Well, when I got Ying Yang, after dying, I had been saved. I didn't see 'THE END' again, but I was in the final battle arena. Then I fell through the floor into the pink goo and a screeching high sound sounded and the game crashed. I gaped.

TPL: In Misty Island, Jak ran into the shark-infested water...

Weirdest. Glitches. Ever.

when you went to the midnight mountain, did u glide to that island thats far away? on spyro universe theres some gameshark code for that. i dont know what gameshark tool im suppose to use that for since im using my PS2. and if you can do that again, can you film it like i did whith dinomines glitch? that'd be awesome!!!
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12132
#32 Posted: 09:43:56 08/08/2007
Yeah that happens to me to!
Ilikedragons Fodder
#33 Posted: 07:32:52 24/10/2007
could i ask a question? well here it is in ETN the chronicler could someone have a picture of him/it? ETN hasnt come to where I live yet..it would be great if someone could answer it or if you don't have a picture could you discribe it/him???

thanks oh and I had a glitch in my game too in Enter the dragonfly
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#34 Posted: 08:23:21 24/10/2007
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee162/SamNogard/50.png

Here is a link to a picture of him.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#35 Posted: 09:38:14 24/10/2007
gosh the only spyro glitches i've had were walking in circles and freezing up, oh yeah one time a gem disapeared and so i had to do everything all over again.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
emberelora Emerald Sparx Gems: 3059
#36 Posted: 19:42:50 24/10/2007
oh i've that lodes of times. i've freed one dragon in dry canyon, and he started walking around in circles and walked everywhere real slow when i wasn't toughing the controller. it happened in YOTD and GTG with me too!
---
"This is the most musically inclined situation I've ever found myself in and I've played guitar hero!"
#37 Posted: 20:16:22 24/10/2007 | Topic Creator
Freaky, eh? Especially when Spyro looked like he was comitting suicide with my one.
---
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#38 Posted: 20:59:39 24/10/2007
Sometimes that happens even on the newer games with me. On this one, no never happened.
Spyro_rules Emerald Sparx Gems: 3213
#39 Posted: 21:35:01 02/11/2007
Quote: spyroandsparx

Mine did too. smilie smilie smilie
Spyro girl Fodder
#40 Posted: 23:43:31 09/11/2007
That sometimes happens.
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#41 Posted: 03:36:30 01/12/2007
that has happened to me so many times! it drives me crazy!
newt42 Blue Sparx Gems: 797
#42 Posted: 03:12:55 13/12/2007
Try turning your analog stick function off.
---
Play the Sega Saturn. It don't got spyro. But boy does is got game.
Peacelovespyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2864
#43 Posted: 23:41:15 11/01/2008
Weird. Whenever I put ANY game in, the character walks to the left very slowly. o_0 freaky. I just spin the analog stick a couple times and it fixes itself smilie
---
♥ keep moving forward ♥
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#44 Posted: 23:55:44 11/01/2008
It did the same thing to me, and I got pissed! smilie It gets annoying! So right when I sit down all comfortable, I have to get up and plug it in....smilie
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
random Fodder
#45 Posted: 07:27:47 12/01/2008
happened to me on okami and my spyro too!
SD-King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1082
#46 Posted: 19:19:26 08/02/2008
my controller has a glitch
1.i can only jump every 10 presses of the x button
2.i cant move my camra right
---
I'm turning 12 on July the 9th.By then I will officially retire,and may never return to darkSpyro.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me