Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Automatic Image Resize [CLOSED]
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12105
#1 Posted: 02:24:16 08/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm not sure if it's been suggested or implemented in some sort of way, but for the [img][/img] BBCode sometimes the images are way too big and stretch the page. I know it makes sense to use the [url][/url] instead, but sometimes it'd be nice to post the picture. I was thinking it'd be nice if the code would check the width and height of an image, and if it is too big it would resize it to a maximum limit so that it wouldn't stretch the page. I think it would be a good idea and would stop some people who seem to post huge pictures and just leave them like that.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#2 Posted: 03:03:13 08/10/2013
I would love this!
I believe it was suggested before but I don't remember a response. Maybe it wasn't suggested and I'm just imagining things.
But yes, I would love to see this come true. It would be so helpful and prevent annoyance that some images may cause.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 08:53:41 08/10/2013
What a great idea. I personally don't see what's wrong with this suggestion, it's helpful.
Won't be a good idea for the trolls though.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#4 Posted: 09:37:10 08/10/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I really like this idea! Page stretchers always make my computer lag.. :[
It'd be cool if we had that option for uploading avatars too, but if not I'm fine with regular resizing. ._.

i second this
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 14:45:19 08/10/2013
It could go like this:

[IMG=*height x width*]

Example:

[User Posted Image]
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 15:57:52 08/10/2013
I think a previous topic suggested that images above a certain size should be prohibited, and that you should get an error message if you try to post an image that stretches the page. I can get behind either of these ideas. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12105
#7 Posted: 14:04:49 09/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
It could go like this:

[IMG=*height x width*]

Example:

[User Posted Image]

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, it'd be such a simple thing to add and it'd be really useful, or have something like this so that it keeps the same aspect ratio:

[IMG = 50%][/IMG]
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me