Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
New Chompy Pod Behavior [CLOSED]
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#1 Posted: 15:05:31 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to clear up the new Chompy behavior in v1.6. You will see this load screen tip starting today:

Chompy Pods Updated
The Chompy Pods will now disappear once all Chompies have exited. Use Sidekicks to defeat the Pods!

There was a lot of confusion around the empty Chompy Pods. We hope the new behavior is simpler and gives your Sidekicks more value. We also increase the rewards on Chompy Pods!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 15:10:59 25/09/2013
Thanks for the clarification. It is a bummer in some ways, but it does make sense, especially with the implementation of Cape Girl. Hopefully, they'll pop up more. I have gotten a few gems from them. I'm not sure if that's Cape Girl (who hasn't really given me much before, especially with Chompy Pods) or part of the "increase" of rewards.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#3 Posted: 17:38:00 25/09/2013
Thanks for the clarification.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#4 Posted: 18:59:12 25/09/2013
Advisor_Orville thanks for reaching out with the clarification. While I understand the spirit of why you made the change feel like it did the exact opposite. Now that the chompy pod disappears once its done that means I need to keep a sidekick on the bench at all times or forfeit the chompy pods. Personally based on this change I'll never clear another chompy pod as I'd much rather take advantage of the 25% bonus to gold the Sidekick earns per mission.

Where the issue comes up are quests that require clearing chompy pods. Consider the latest addition to the game Thumpback. His second personal quest is to clear 2 Troll Camps, 3 Sheep Mobs and 4 Chompy Pods. Because I now run the risk of losing out on the chompy pods I have to bench him until 4 pods spawn and he clears them. This ultimately prevents me from leveling him. The other alternative is to send him on a mission and then not log into the game until the mission is complete which isn't that appetizing as I now can't collect house exp while I try and grind my way to 40.

The problem with chompys and Sidekicks will only compound the first time you put in one of the more difficult timed quests to clear 25-100 chompy pods in a week.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me