darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Elemental Statistic Glitch--Resolved
Page 1 of 1
Elemental Statistic Glitch--Resolved [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 13:57:08 23/09/2013 | Topic Creator
So, I've noticed that if you wear an elemental hat before you've done a large portion/all of your elemental heroics that sometimes it will permanently "nerf" the statistic (oddly by the number represented by the elemental statistic on the hat) so that you can never 100% the item. For SSA guys I've been unable to "undo" the problem by executing a few elemental heroics in SSA, but doing this for Giants only guys doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any more specific observations and/or work arounds here. It's rather annoying to spend 2+ hours to get your guy all upgraded and then see that this can't be fixed. I guess resetting the guy is an option but I'd rather fix it and move on. The cheat that shall not be named could be used but again, I'm trying to understand the behavior of the product and working around it without binary data fixes.

I've not seen this bug on any other statistic on the skylander, would love information contrary.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:01:11 23/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#2 Posted: 14:58:14 23/09/2013
I can't imagine how that would happen with the way things are set up. Are you sure it isn't something to do with ownership and the number of characters of that element you have in your collection?
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#3 Posted: 15:18:24 23/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Yep. Every time this happens (the elemental stat doesn't go to 100% completion) is when I've worn a hat with elemental stats on it--and it's not consistent--for me that means I don't understand root cause but it seems to be tied with use of a elemental hat). I think this happens when I wear a hat before I start any elemental heroics.

I have 116 skylanders on my save file, so that's not an issue smilie

I can show you a pic of this shortly. I'm running PS3 if it matters. The example I will show will have Molten Hot Dog with all 45 challenges completed but the Elemental is at 80. Before I started doing heroics I was working on quests, and used the Wizard Hat which gives 25 elemental. I later removed it before starting heroics.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 15:33:04 23/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#4 Posted: 16:00:33 23/09/2013
Have you tried making sure you are the owner on that save file? 80 is exactly the number you'd have if he didn't have any elemental bonus from your collection. (If it does let you take ownership make sure to go out of the menu and then back in to see the stat update)
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:05:40 23/09/2013 by dark52
#5 Posted: 16:37:38 23/09/2013 | Topic Creator
OK, so I went back and made sure the problem figure was the owner. To my surprise, it wasn't! I then re-played an elemental quest and now it's showing up correctly. FYI I had to replay any elemental heroic for it to recalculate, it did not do that for me by taking ownership.

The only thing I can figure is that I registered with one Molten, but opened up another one. This is an obscure problem, but easily rectified. Problem solved thank you.

I have a similar problem on a SSA Drill Sgt that I'll try the solution and see if that fixes. From what I've seen, that's an actual issue that involves you having to replay an elemental heroic in SSA for it to show correctly in Giants.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:05:32 23/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me