darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Game braking glitch in Skylanders Giants 3DS
Page 1 of 1
Game braking glitch in Skylanders Giants 3DS [CLOSED]
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#1 Posted: 03:16:54 17/09/2013 | Topic Creator
There is a big glitch in the 3DS version of skylanders giants... if you register more then 99 skylanders (only possible if you register "Special" skylanders) the game crashes and deletes the save file (so you have to start the game all over). I have been able to reproduce this glitch 7 times (I can never register my full collection) smilie
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#2 Posted: 03:20:05 17/09/2013
wow they really didn't plan for the obsessive collectors.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 03:26:30 17/09/2013
Quote: shadowfox
wow they really didn't plan for the obsessive collectors.

Or really have a sound testing plan. Or didn't have a creative enough QA team. Or got lazy. Any one of those works just fine. Sounds like they are sending a clear message "Buy fewer skylanders"... was that it Activision? Works for me!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:28:22 17/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
#4 Posted: 03:34:18 17/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm just hoping they do better with swap force (giants was rushed out because they never thought that skylanders would sell as well as it did) but swap force has been in development for like 2 years. (giants was made in under 1 year)
---
Kickstarter:
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 06:09:26 17/09/2013
That sucks...
---
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#6 Posted: 12:31:41 17/09/2013
Are you saying that there are somehow more than the 99 listed Skylanders in the 3DS Giants and you couldn't register one of your in-game variants, or that you stuck like a flocked Skylander on the portal and it glitched? I think there might be some misinformation here. In the game completion screen, it claims that it only has a total of 99 Skylanders in the game's data. If this is the case then it's not possible that it would have recognized a 100th Skylander as being something other than the 99 that are programmed into the game already.

If there are more than 99 Skylander in-game variants in the game and it doesn't let you register them all, then that is a seriously messed up bug. Otherwise I think your glitch might be due to something else entirely.
#7 Posted: 12:34:26 17/09/2013 | Topic Creator
The game counts the flocked ones as "special" ones just like the wii one dose, and has a different save spot for them in the game. You just cant see the save spot or # for "special" skylanders. But they still count (the game just does not show them).

If I register all 99 different skylanders it works fine. But if I then register a "special" the glitch happens. If I register say 95 regular then register 4 "special" the game works fine, but it I then register 1 more regular or "special" the glitch happens.

And by "special" I mean like flocked, glow in the dark, pumpkin, ex.
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:14:32 17/09/2013 by darkrai848
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#8 Posted: 10:39:26 20/09/2013
I've registered 104, and I haven't come across this glitch.
However, I do have a glitch where the game will crash from it- didn't happen before I had 104 set up- when I change my Skylander out, and when I view my save file on the title screen, it says I have only 50 registered smilie(though they're all still on it).
This game has the most random bugs.

But yeah this game was just... No. I can overlook some of the issues this game has, but it's things like crashing and consistent lagging in certain levels, and the timer glitch in Dragon's Peak which I just can't ignore. I hope that they fix this up for SWAP Force- and those darn choppy controls- but judging by the new gameplay we saw, it looks like the characters will control just as strangely as Giants ones did, which makes my expectations low. smilie Hopefully, they fix the glitches at least, then the game would have been decent.

Also once my game crashed while auto-saving after a level. The file corrupted and I had to play through the entire game again. D:<
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:40:13 20/09/2013 by Arc of Archives
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#9 Posted: 11:53:25 20/09/2013
Wow, I haven't spent much time with Giants on the 3DS yet, but from what you guys are saying I'm getting a little scared. I got 100% completion on the original 3DS one. I thought it was good, but there was nothing to do once you got to 100% to a degree that was much more severe than the major console releases, since there were no extra challenges or multiple upgrade paths or even stat customization from hats. I didn't experience glitches, though. Am I in for a rough ride on Giants 3DS?
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#10 Posted: 07:26:47 23/09/2013
Well Friendzie, it really depends on your tollerance towards glitches. If you're extremely tolerant, you shouldn't have too many problems. If the glitches on the console games annoy you, though... Well, Giants 3DS can be much worse than them... If you're planning to play quite a lot you're going to bump into a lot of really frustrating glitches.

However, I keep hearing different reports of how glitchy carts are? Some people are saying they aren't getting any glitches that I've had and no lag(bollocks! that's abhorrently difficult to believe). One of my friends said his game got laggy just from playing as a Giant, but it hasn't affected my framerate at all.

So, I don't know, maybe you got a good cart. But AFAIK, a timer glitch on Dragon's Peak has been consistent(when replaying, the game will set the timer to your time record, or have the timer on even if you set it off [same happens with Coldburn as well, I think]). Has anyone NOT run into that issue?
MegaDozer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1887
#11 Posted: 05:36:25 26/09/2013
I just got hit by the glitch,i decided to add all my skylanders and it happened at 98 and deleted my file after freezing on the portal warp screen. smilie sad pander...
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#12 Posted: 06:15:22 18/10/2013
Don't go over the limit for it to glitch. :x
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#13 Posted: 09:21:30 19/10/2013
(Glad I don't HAVE a 3DS or the 3DS version of Skylanders running) smilie

Ah, but that raises an issue for people with over 100.... They then not only have to pick and choose who to not use, but they have to remember WHICH ones they excluded! This makes this glitch more irritating than it first appears...
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
dangerousbrian0 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#14 Posted: 18:46:13 20/10/2013
I will be alright as i only pick what is in the game list and the only one i need now is drobot series 2 which is not out in the uk
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me