Page 1 of 1
wrecking ball [CLOSED]
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#1 Posted: 19:06:31 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Now I am personally not a big fan of wrecking ball, not simply of looks but because how he plays. I have s1 and s2 both fully upgraded and down sperate routes and both seem to get hammered in nightmare mode. For those people who have found sucess with his game style care to offer any tips? I'm assuming Ill start to like the little bugger more once I can actually get into a better flow with his attacks. My s1 is down the tongue path and my s2 down the forcefield ball.
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#2 Posted: 19:11:31 16/09/2013
Spam his forcefield (At least in battle mode), It done 61 damage and stuns them if you choose the right path.
---
Give me money!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 19:27:42 16/09/2013
This needed its own topic why?

He is cute and strong...
---
#4 Posted: 19:36:59 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Yes because cute and strong is so informative and not just pure opinion....Technique on how you use him is just so unimportant nowadays
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 08:10:37 17/09/2013
Fortunately for you, I understand your question. Unfortunately for you, I don't HAVE Wrecking Ball, so I can't answer myself. If I had him, I'm sure I'd have an answer. You're not looking for reasons to like him (like that he's cute or strong), you're looking for techniques to become effective with him.

I played him from my nephews' collection, but I don't remember much. I seem to recall he has a few "Charge!" type attacks, so I think I would charge in, charge out. I think his tongue has a large distance, too. Keep my distance to reduce damage. Melee characters (like chompies) will need to get close, and distance characters (like archers) will often aim their attacks where you were, not where you are.

I also remember when I was climbing the vault that I accidentally charged right through the barriers, ended up in the are before the first barrier/vault door, but the barrier was retracted now and I got stuck, LOL! I got to the other side, but I was too low and couldn't climb up. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#6 Posted: 11:20:08 17/09/2013
Quote: Punk Bomb
Spam his forcefield (At least in battle mode), It done 61 damage and stuns them if you choose the right path.

It's the right technique on the forcefield ball path, but it doesn't stun them, but 1-hit KOs almost any enemy. No more than 3 for sure. I think...
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 19:14:44 17/09/2013
Quote: shadowfox
Yes because cute and strong is so informative and not just pure opinion....Technique on how you use him is just so unimportant nowadays

Maybe you can't play Wrecking Ball good enough.

I could to do Nightmare mode easy with Wrecking Ball you just have to dodge and roll.

Or maybe you would like to Wreck N Roll!
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#8 Posted: 02:49:58 18/09/2013
I have to concur with the author of this thread about Wrecking Ball. I have S2 Wrecking Ball and he frustrated me to no end while trying to use him. When doing Chompie heroic missions, I had a tough time fighting a large group of them. The tounge attack didn't allow for attacking multiple enemies in a short amount of time, and the force field took just long enough to start up that a chompie would hit him. Of course, when he's hit then the attack stops altogether and I have to start it up again. Eventually I just became so frustrated with him that I put him on the shelf with no remorse for a while.

I have since brought him back to the portal and finished up Heroics with him. I kept him with the force field path and eventually was able to make him work better for me. If you have S2, with the Wow Pow I'd suggest this path as it was the only time he eventually became of any use to me. I just wish one of his upgrades would be to make it take a much shorter amount of time to get into his force field. It's very annoying to have him try and start that attack, only to get hit and end it before it even begins.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#9 Posted: 10:41:46 18/09/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob

Ummmmmmm, that is EXACTLY the point of this thread, looking for tips on how to play Wrecking Ball better, effectively, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#10 Posted: 10:49:23 18/09/2013
Wrecking Ball is not a very good Skylander.
Everyone seems to love him.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#11 Posted: 10:50:13 18/09/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob

I could to do Nightmare mode easy with Wrecking Ball you just have to dodge and roll.

Or maybe you would like to Wreck N Roll!

I think it's kind of sad that you're not super excited and eager to help this guy get better at using the character you named yourself after. This is your time to shine, buddy. You don't get a Wrecking Ball topic every day. :-)
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#12 Posted: 12:54:55 18/09/2013
Quote: ClayFace

would you shut up, in my opinion, smilie CAN be stronger than stealth elf spyro or any totther charter
you have to learn smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 13:54:53 18/09/2013
Quote: NINJAsk11

would you shut up, in my opinion, smilie CAN be stronger than stealth elf spyro or any totther charter
you have to learn smilie

Time out if you can't talk any more effectively than this smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#14 Posted: 14:05:54 18/09/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

you have to learn smilie

sorry what?
#15 Posted: 14:32:59 18/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Eggers
I have to concur with the author of this thread about Wrecking Ball. I have S2 Wrecking Ball and he frustrated me to no end while trying to use him. When doing Chompie heroic missions, I had a tough time fighting a large group of them. The tounge attack didn't allow for attacking multiple enemies in a short amount of time, and the force field took just long enough to start up that a chompie would hit him. Of course, when he's hit then the attack stops altogether and I have to start it up again.

Very much the same issues I have when playing him. I try to use his burp attack but it confuses me. Sometimes its super strong with the pink effect and sometimes its not, I don't know if it has an unseen timer . I can eat an enemy and its super strong and sometimes its not. I don't understand the variable. The charge time is way too long when regular and getting hit breaks it, which is sad since that's his only aoe.
#16 Posted: 19:07:23 18/09/2013
I have to concur with the author of this thread about Wrecking Ball. I have S2 Wrecking Ball and he frustrated me to no end while trying to use him. When doing Chompie heroic missions, I had a tough time fighting a large group of them. The tounge attack didn't allow for attacking multiple enemies in a short amount of time, and the force field took just long enough to start up that a chompie would hit him. Of course, when he's hit then the attack stops altogether and I have to start it up again.

Very much the same issues I have when playing him. I try to use his burp attack but it confuses me. Sometimes its super strong with the pink effect and sometimes its not, I don't know if it has an unseen timer . I can eat an enemy and its super strong and sometimes its not. I don't understand the variable. The charge time is way too long when regular and getting hit breaks it, which is sad since that's his only aoe.

I agree, that seems to be his downfall. The red burp (from near as I can figure) seems to be after he's eaten enemies. I've had it happen as soon as eating just one, but I'm not even sure of that's how it works. The tounge attack is fine if there are only a few enemies a far way off. Sadly, the character is much harder to use in the middle of a massive attack. Even with all upgrades, his big burp and the wrecking ball both need time to charge or they'll stop charging when he's hit.

Like I said before, go with upgrades to his force field (especially with Series 2). That got him to at least finish heroics, but at the end of all things he'll probably just wind up collecting dust on my shelf once he's fully leveled up and has his gold hat. Unless, that is, we can get good advice on him among all the messages of "Wrecking Ball Rulez!!!!!" smilie Thanks to those who have given actual good advice, I wanted to make a topic like this myself.
---
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#17 Posted: 19:34:29 18/09/2013
Okay so here is how I use him.
I use him primarily down his ball path(His best path IMO)in both story and PvP.I first recommend getting used to him by playing SSA and rolling around the ruins.That's how I did it.Once that is done he will be superior to some other characters such as Sunburn's Phoenix Dash,Spyro's Horn Charge ect.But he does have a flaw.If you use his roll path against some strong melee enemies like the Axecutioner he is not going to survive.Use his burp or tongue to take them down or use his roll burp combo(ball path only) to do even more damage.His soul gem is very useful also for ranged attacks.His ball is good against ranged enemies except fast shooting ones such as Flameslinger so don't bother using Wreaking Ball.Now I recommend sticking to your strong characters(I mean characters you are good with) because he is hard to get used to.
I hope this helped.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#18 Posted: 19:45:21 18/09/2013
smilie has beaten Stealth Elf before in my house...
---
Give me money!
#19 Posted: 20:54:58 18/09/2013

Wrecking Ball is the very strongest. But... That's only if you take Ultimate Spinner. Total Tongue is terrible.
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#20 Posted: 00:35:02 19/09/2013
Quote: weebbby

Wrecking Ball is the very strongest. But... That's only if you take Ultimate Spinner. Total Tongue is terrible.

Voodood and Double Trouble are tons better than Wrecking Ball.
#21 Posted: 00:41:43 19/09/2013
Voodood? Strong? Yeah, right. Wrecking Ball? Weak? Same.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:21:34 19/09/2013 by weebbby
#22 Posted: 01:27:55 19/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: azz01
I use him primarily down his ball path(His best path IMO)in both story and PvP.I first recommend getting used to him by playing SSA and rolling around the ruins.That's how I did it.Once that is done he will be superior to some other characters such as Sunburn's Phoenix Dash,Spyro's Horn Charge ect.But he does have a flaw.If you use his roll path against some strong melee enemies like the Axecutioner he is not going to survive.Use his burp or tongue to take them down or use his roll burp combo(ball path only) to do even more damage.His soul gem is very useful also for ranged attacks.His ball is good against ranged enemies except fast shooting ones such as Flameslinger so don't bother using Wreaking Ball.Now I recommend sticking to your strong characters(I mean characters you are good with) because he is hard to get used to.
I hope this helped.

Thank you for the advice, he's one of the few characters I have yet to master. Even with all his heroics done I find him dificult. I'm glad in giants his ability to eat smaller enemies has improved and I hope his charge times are not as finicky in swap.
#23 Posted: 02:12:32 19/09/2013
Quote: azz01
I hope this helped.

Thank you very much! This is very helpful indeed and exactly the kind of advice I was hoping to find. He wouldn't be all that bad of a character if only they had an upgrade to decrease the amount of wait time for either his charged up burp or his ball. Both of those attacks do crush large groups of enemies easily, but only if he can actually pull off the move. Really hoping Swap Force were to add that in there. It most likely won't happen, but he'd move up my list a great deal with it.
---
#24 Posted: 10:16:37 19/09/2013
Geez, #17 is the first REAL response to the original question. Wow. LOL!

you have to learn smilie

Relax! English isn't her first language, cut her some slack. smilie I found that message completely clear. Here, let me fix the spelling, grammar and such:

Quote:
Would you shut up? In my opinion, smilie CAN be stronger than Stealth Elf, Spyro or any other character...
You have to learn smilie

Was that ALL that different?
---
#25 Posted: 10:27:44 19/09/2013
Quote: niceguy1

you have to learn smilie

Relax! English isn't her first language, cut her some slack. smilie I found that message completely clear. Here, let me fix the spelling, grammar and such:

Quote:
Would you shut up? In my opinion, smilie CAN be stronger than Stealth Elf, Spyro or any other character...
You have to learn smilie

hahaha...verry funny smilie
#26 Posted: 11:44:25 19/09/2013

Look at 2 and 6. smilie

I have to concur with the author of this thread about Wrecking Ball. I have S2 Wrecking Ball and he frustrated me to no end while trying to use him. When doing Chompie heroic missions, I had a tough time fighting a large group of them. The tounge attack didn't allow for attacking multiple enemies in a short amount of time, and the force field took just long enough to start up that a chompie would hit him. Of course, when he's hit then the attack stops altogether and I have to start it up again. Eventually I just became so frustrated with him that I put him on the shelf with no remorse for a while.

I have since brought him back to the portal and finished up Heroics with him. I kept him with the force field path and eventually was able to make him work better for me. If you have S2, with the Wow Pow I'd suggest this path as it was the only time he eventually became of any use to me. I just wish one of his upgrades would be to make it take a much shorter amount of time to get into his force field. It's very annoying to have him try and start that attack, only to get hit and end it before it even begins.

That is one of them.
Well, that's not what it says, but one of the things that happens when you buy it.
I think it's the one that makes it larger and do more damage.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:48:07 19/09/2013 by weebbby
#27 Posted: 18:43:45 19/09/2013
Quote: weebbby

Look at 2 and 6. smilie

That is one of them.
Well, that's not what it says, but one of the things that happens when you buy it.
I think it's the one that makes it larger and do more damage.

Oh. Well thank you for clearing that up for me smilie I never saw it written on any upgrades so I just assumed it never happened. Maybe that's why I found him much more useful after those upgrades and could actually finish heroics with him.
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#28 Posted: 19:54:02 19/09/2013
For smaller enemies use the tongue attack (With the soul gem ) to heal while finishing them (Or if they have taken a lot then this could work against larger enemies)
For medium/large enemies your best hope is to keep forcefield hitting them

try not to get hit a lot and you will do fine
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#29 Posted: 03:37:33 20/09/2013
I stand by what I said... Reply #2 was one SMALL tip, and #6 was a counter to that tip. Nobody has offered a full-blown technique/review until #17.

Quote:
You have to learn smilie

hahaha...verry funny smilie

Just to be clear, I was defending you, telling him not to be so hard on you. smilie I was saying that what you wrote was mostly correct, it was correct enough to understand you.
---
#30 Posted: 00:19:32 21/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Was messing around with wrecking ball today in giants and found out that the pink/red super burp procs when you have consumed two enemies. That made the arena personal quest really easy.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#31 Posted: 01:34:25 21/09/2013
Wrecking ball IS AWESOME
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me