Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > I Think Crash Should Be A Skylander
Page 1 of 1
I Think Crash Should Be A Skylander [CLOSED]
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#1 Posted: 19:00:43 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Who agrees that they should make Crash Bandicoot into a Skylanders character? I think it would be a nice way of keeping him alive for now, even though I don't very much like Skylanders.

[User Posted Image]
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
Fan Of Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1417
#2 Posted: 19:07:29 16/09/2013
What could his pose be? His upgrades? Series 2? It's a good idea but there's not much pose ability and upgradeable stuff.
---
I'll be on every now and then.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#3 Posted: 19:21:47 16/09/2013
It's been said alot before, I remember there being a topic for it when 'Giants' was first announced. I personally would prefer him to have his own new game, but I don't really mind him being in Skylanders.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#4 Posted: 19:31:42 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fan Of Skylands
What could his pose be? His upgrades? Series 2? It's a good idea but there's not much pose ability and upgradeable stuff.

As I said... I'm not a big Skylanders fan, nor am I well in-the-know about it, so that's stuff I haven't actually considered, I'm sure it could be done though if I only knew what it all meant.
Care to define?

Quote: TorchSheep
It's been said alot before, I remember there being a topic for it when 'Giants' was first announced. I personally would prefer him to have his own new game, but I don't really mind him being in Skylanders.

Oh. Ah, well.
I would prefer a new game too, but the same goes for Spyro as Skylanders isn't really a Spyro game, and since it appears neither will happen anytime soon.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#5 Posted: 22:55:27 16/09/2013
It would be nice, but I think Activision doesn't really intend to do anything with that particular IP. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#6 Posted: 23:27:23 16/09/2013
Crash would have no need for a redraw if he ever makes it to the Skylanders to finally be in a main game with Spyro - his design is already simple yet expressive of his personality enough. Though I guess VV and TFB can't just ask for Acti to give them the rights to put him in - It almost looks like Activision sat on that IP just to say they have it,because there wasn't even an attempt to start a game or anything.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#7 Posted: 04:00:51 17/09/2013
Oh please don't kill him too!
---
I is ded
#8 Posted: 15:15:41 17/09/2013
Quote: Dark_Spyro999
Oh please don't kill him too!

Yup,because totally moving a character to another game is grounds for 'killing'. Games with crossovers would like to have a word with you.

EDIT: Chances are there's a game company called Crossover somewhere,I'll just change the wording.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:32 17/09/2013 by Bifrost
#9 Posted: 18:23:36 17/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm actually not a big fan of crossovers, nor do I think it would automatically kill 'im.
Either way, the fact is you can't kill what's already dead.
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#10 Posted: 21:06:50 17/09/2013
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
Gay 4 GARcher
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#11 Posted: 21:20:07 17/09/2013
Hell NO!!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8733
#12 Posted: 00:32:34 18/09/2013
Unless Activision makes him over powered I'm fine.
Gearzx Red Sparx Gems: 32
#13 Posted: 19:51:45 18/09/2013
A pose would be easy for Toys for Bob to come up with, his element would most likely be tech imo and there are plenty of cross over games that have been extremely successful. Super Smash Bros and Kingdom Hearts were awesome. Sadly the rights to Crash would be disputed for but I agree and would love to have this character in Skylands as well as have other characters make an appearance.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#14 Posted: 20:42:31 18/09/2013
Nah.I am not against it but I prefer Crash as his own character in his own game.And this is coming from a Skyro fan.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#15 Posted: 23:48:55 19/09/2013
I would rather give him his own game, but if they are not making a new game for him anytime soon I don't see why not..
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#16 Posted: 00:06:46 20/09/2013
Well, I really like Crash and I like Skylanders quite a bit, but my answer is solidly no. We don't have to have both in the IP just because they're so close.

I think this post I made applies quite well to this topic- I just want to see Crash go back to being a platformer. I just want to see him in his own game again, that actually feels like a Crash game. It doesn't have to be picture-perfect of the old Crash games and can be "modernized"(like TwinSanity, or AHT which I mentioned in that post), but I just want something that feels like it could be a mainstream part of the original IP again.

Besides, Activison are probably holding onto him to "backup" some other new, awful mishmash idea. smilie

Of course, this is my opinion, I'd like seeing Crash in Skylanders, but what's currently going on with Spyro in it has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:49 20/09/2013 by Arc of Archives
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#17 Posted: 11:44:20 20/09/2013
Yeah Crash won't be a Skylanders...

Quote:
GC: Is there any reason why he couldn’t appear in a Skylanders game?

GB: Well, Crash Bandicoot is a very different personality to Spyro…

GC: But if I was Activision and I wanted to bring back Crash Bandicoot I would’ve thought a cameo in Skylanders would be a pretty good start.

GB: I think the best way to think about that is the same question you asked about Transformers and Spider-Man. Because the way I think about it personally is that Crash Bandicoot is a great IP, that’s had great game experiences in the past, but it’s very different than what Skylanders is today. That’s the way I think about it.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/05/...-story-3381219/
cyber dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 606
#18 Posted: 12:10:51 20/09/2013
as long as they dont name the next skylanders game crashed skylanders (or some thing like that)and sale it off as a crash game id like to see crash as skylander camio

skylanders "spyro adventure" no it was a skylanders adventure that happen to have 3 spyro character involved as skylanders
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#19 Posted: 13:17:12 20/09/2013
Nah, I'd rather Skylanders to be a 'Spyro' thing.
*Braces for 'SKYLANDORS ISN'T A SPYRO GAME'*
#20 Posted: 13:52:35 20/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrocrash
Yeah Crash won't be a Skylanders...

Quote:
GC: Is there any reason why he couldn’t appear in a Skylanders game?

GB: Well, Crash Bandicoot is a very different personality to Spyro…

GC: But if I was Activision and I wanted to bring back Crash Bandicoot I would’ve thought a cameo in Skylanders would be a pretty good start.

GB: I think the best way to think about that is the same question you asked about Transformers and Spider-Man. Because the way I think about it personally is that Crash Bandicoot is a great IP, that’s had great game experiences in the past, but it’s very different than what Skylanders is today. That’s the way I think about it.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/05/...-story-3381219/

That really makes no sense...

That being said, I'm starting to change my mind and would rather not have Crash as a Skylander. I feel like Crash is to good for Skylanders... as is Spyro.
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#21 Posted: 19:27:22 20/09/2013
^I honestly wouldn't mind Crash as a Skylander either, but it would feel more like a crossover to me.
#22 Posted: 23:31:22 20/09/2013
I don't,Spyro is as much good for Skylands as Artisans used to be - both whimsical,silly,fun,full of fantasy stuff. But I guess crystalhero37 has a point - Crash's thing is focused on the silly and not much else,and Skylanders has its level of seriousness that's already way past what would fit him. I'd still love a cameo,say have mentions of him somehow ending up in Skylands for a bit(because,looking at Dino-rang and Star Strike,portals stealing people from everywhere else are common) and causing a lot of trouble, or a marsupial Skylander who was inspired by his acts of heroism or something :U
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me