Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Bunghole List. [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 01:48:10 13/09/2013 | Topic Creator
The bunghole list:

UncleBob
TheGooch
MoonHorizons
Judaschrist0240
jet-vac6000
IWHBYD
LightSpyro13

[User Posted Image]

Is this better or worse than telling someone to consume male genitalia on the forums?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 01:52:18 13/09/2013
There are few instances of some users posting their personal lists about the users they don't like.

I really don't see the point of it though.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#3 Posted: 01:52:48 13/09/2013
What the...?
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#4 Posted: 03:04:04 13/09/2013
I'm wondering what it would be like if this guy came to Stuff and Nonsense! smilie

Anyhow, that's really immature.
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#5 Posted: 03:45:28 13/09/2013
The guy has had a problem with me ever since I got here. He is a very self important individual who craves attention any place he can get it.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#6 Posted: 04:23:45 13/09/2013
Guys just stop posting who you don't like. It'll just start fights, and I don't want to deal with it.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#7 Posted: 04:33:45 13/09/2013
Perhaps if something more than a slap on the wrist was done to people who continually cause problems then there would be less for you to deal with? Maybe I am taking what you are saying the wrong way JCW555 but why is that allowed to go on? I am not expecting everyone to get along on here but it would be nice for Hunters to take a less passive approach to garbage such as what UncleBob is pointing out.
---
#8 Posted: 04:48:23 13/09/2013
TheGooch I can't control who puts what on their Guestbook. Look, it's ill-advised to put who you dislike on your Guestbook, but it's not against the rules, and technically it's protected under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. So there's not much I can do unfortunately.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:50:42 13/09/2013 by JCW555
#9 Posted: 11:46:33 13/09/2013
I wasn't necessarily talking about one's guestbook Mr. Constitution. I am talking about a plethora of other nonsense that had been reported with no consequence.
---
#10 Posted: 13:25:40 13/09/2013 | Topic Creator
DarkSpyro is a government organization?
#11 Posted: 16:56:06 13/09/2013
Besides, harassment isn't protected under the U.S. Constitution so that just throws your whole argument out the window. You Hunters need to stop being so damn soft on people here. Warn people then ban them....start making things around here a more favorable place to be.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#12 Posted: 20:49:22 13/09/2013
Quote: TheGooch
Besides, harassment isn't protected under the U.S. Constitution so that just throws your whole argument out the window. You Hunters need to stop being so damn soft on people here. Warn people then ban them....start making things around here a more favorable place to be.

Who do you think you are? Some sort of dictator?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#13 Posted: 21:21:28 13/09/2013
Just a personal list.
#14 Posted: 21:45:44 13/09/2013
TheGooch posting who you don't like on your Guestbook isn't harassment. I don't get how you don't understand that.
---
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#15 Posted: 21:50:18 13/09/2013
JCW, you've already proved your point, just ignore him.
#16 Posted: 22:05:14 13/09/2013 | Topic Creator
JCW555 - how about going onto someone else's guestbook and telling them to "Eat a ****"? Or constantly posting attacks directly at other users in threads? Repeated posts that serve no purpose other than to attack other members of the forum? Constantly calling other members derogatory nicknames? Accusing people of scamming and defrauding others with absolutly no proof (and it turns out every single time that the so-called 'scammer' was not lying - yet never an apology for spreading lies)?

Does any of *that* count as harassment?

And, as a moderator of the forums, are you giving the official "okay" to create hate lists, so long as they're on one's own guestbook?
#17 Posted: 22:25:12 13/09/2013
Again, I wasn't referring to a persons guest book. Bravo101, stay out if it doesn't pertain to you as I am sure you haven't been subjected to. BahamutBreakers BS. I am so tired of people coming to the defense of Hunters on this forum with a knee jerk reaction without knowing any of this history involved. I can't speak for everyone but I think most of us are only asking them to do their jobs and stop turning a blind eye to incessant insults thrown around by the same people time and again.
---
#18 Posted: 23:47:29 13/09/2013
Look, us moderators cannot remove anything in the guestbook or the responses. The response about UncleBob being an muscular obese whatever is out of line. Report it to dark52! We can't look at reports on guestbook responses, or private messages for that matter. Only dark52 can. Sorry.

Also to you TheGooch, I don't know the history between you and BahamatBreaker. If can provide me PM's, guestbook messages, or topics where he harassed you, then I'll look at them, and take the correct course of actions.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:52 13/09/2013 by JCW555
#19 Posted: 23:58:21 13/09/2013
Every time I have brought issues up with Hunters nothing happens. I realize that you are just trying to help now but it has been things that had happened in the past and I don't think it will do any good bringing them back up. Reports get submitted, forums get closed and the same crap just happens all over again on another thread. Sorry to sound jaded but it gets old.
---
#20 Posted: 04:50:51 14/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, there's this spectacular post where he flat out admits that he trolls the forums.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...83&post=4618860
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#21 Posted: 07:15:02 14/09/2013
I can totally empathize with TheGooch here. And it really isn't the fault of the Hunters - as you can clearly see, they're being pretty diligent - but their effectiveness on particular situations only goes so far. And when all issues out of their jurisdiction gets redirected to dark52, well there's the problem: dark52's degree of responsiveness (and perhaps to that extent, empathy) is more or less a dud in most cases. That's from my own experiences however. Maybe someone else has better luck.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
#22 Posted: 16:03:51 14/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Some more of Bahamut's posts.

Quote: BahamutBreaker
Because IWHBYD is a straight-troller, Shelly. He posts stuff primarily for the purpose of riling people up, derailing threads, and/or generally inciting arguments or mayhem.
It's not uncommon on the internet. It's just been mostly uncommon here on DarkSpyro, at least until recently, where "IWHBYD" and "Judas" are apparently now the NTOTB (New Trolls On The Block).

Have you heard their latest smash singles?
"I'll Be Trolling You (Forever)"
"This One's For the Forum Police"
"I Got It (the White Variants)"
"Actin' Tough"
and
"Stomp By Stomp"

And I'm amused that anyone would find this amusing. You can always count on UncleBob to sTroll into a conversation like this.

You, however, are a chronic, unrelenting, calculating professional troll. I'm not giving you advice. I'm calling a spade a spade, or in this case, calling a troll a troll.
How you manage to avoid invoking the wrath of the general population and the Moderator team here eludes me, and it greatly disappoints me.

I only hope that you eventually get what's coming to you. I imagine you'll revel in your trolling right up until that moment when you finally get the axe here on these forums, and I also imagine that when you do get the axe, that you'll just sTroll on over to some other forum and start stinking up the joint there. But at least members of this forum won't have to deal with you then.

However, this discussion has devolved (thanks again UncleTroll!) mostly in part due to the fact that some readers have misinterpreted genuine disappointment as "entitlement".

As for whether or not there's something wrong with you, that's up for debate.

Frankly, "IWHBYD", I don't worry about you, I'm relaxed as I write this, I stick by my opinion that this thread is unintentional advertising, and I think that (since you are referring to the rest of the community as "you guys") you view yourself as special and/or you just don't fit in here.

Please, by all means, don't let the door smack you on the way out.

Perhaps this clears it up for you a bit more, "IWHBYD", although I won't be holding my breath in anticipation of your enlightenment.

I simply frown upon trolls and clowns. I haven't decided which of the two you are yet, but I'm not sure it matters.
From now on, I'm nicknaming you "The Douche".

[...](maybe ... although unlikely given your apparently low IQ) [...] I find you to be a clown, and a massive, massive waste of space in this community. [...] The Douche [...] ban "The Gooch" from the forums. [...] Take your sorry butt back to cheapassgamer.com where you came from, please.[...] The Douche [...] The Douche is not an "excellent contributor" (LoL ... I laughed actually aloud when I read this, Shane). [...] The Douche's [...] The Douche. I am clever. But I wasn't trying to "appear clever" by calling you out for your inanity. I was trying to insult you. Perhaps that was childish.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:06:43 14/09/2013 by UncleBob
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#23 Posted: 23:59:16 15/09/2013
I can honestly speak with UncleBob here. He blocks anyone who disagrees with opinion or stands up to his insults. And after he blocks em', he insults them just to purely make them feel like a piece of dung.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#24 Posted: 00:12:16 16/09/2013
Hey! Where did the Hunter go? Funny thing they went silent like usual even when presented with overwhelming evidence.
---
#25 Posted: 00:13:07 16/09/2013
He has been Gnorc'd twice, hasn't he?
#26 Posted: 00:17:08 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: MoonHorizons
I can honestly speak with UncleBob here. He blocks anyone who disagrees with opinion or stands up to his insults. And after he blocks em', he insults them just to purely make them feel like a piece of dung.

To be fair, I have no issue with him blocking those he disagrees with. That's not the issue.

The issue is how he turns everything into an insult and an attack and goes from thread to thread doing it.

Quote: Mrmorrises

Twice now, so far as I know.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#27 Posted: 00:19:44 16/09/2013
Hey! Where did the Hunter go? Funny thing they went silent like usual even when presented with overwhelming evidence.

You know, hunters have lives outside of the forums. >.>
#28 Posted: 00:21:39 16/09/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap

You know, hunters have lives outside of the forums. >.>

He never said or implied that they had to be on the forums 24/7, he's saying that when they ARE on the forums they must not remain silent with their jobs.
#29 Posted: 00:41:43 16/09/2013
There are 2 Hunters in this section and UncleBobs lengthy submission was posted over 24 hours ago.... As far as the guy being Gnorc'd twice, where did it get anybody? He got cut off twice for a day just to come back and do it all over again. What the hell is wrong with banning the guy? Make him come back as somebody else so that he loses any of the Gems he accumulated over the months. His rude and nasty behavior will be easy to pick out from any newcomer.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:58:20 16/09/2013 by TheGooch
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#30 Posted: 01:08:08 16/09/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: MoonHorizons

To be fair, I have no issue with him blocking those he disagrees with. That's not the issue.

The issue is how he turns everything into an insult and an attack and goes from thread to thread doing it.

Quote: Mrmorrises

Twice now, so far as I know.

I can also see that issue you have there. I defintely agree with you on him being annoying by turning everything into an insult and an attack.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#31 Posted: 01:37:38 16/09/2013
Quote: JCW555
TheGooch posting who you don't like on your Guestbook isn't harassment. I don't get how you don't understand that.

Ok for some reason I didn't notice this quote before. While I understand that it's not against the rules, this statement in itself is incorrect as can be. A list created deliberately to disturb or create emotional distress is harassment. On my periodic postings on this site recently I have actually been subjected to this by someone else. Publically straight up announcing you don't like someone can be embarassing and is plain wrong. If one has a personal beef with someone else, you not only should try to resolve it with said person, but you should do so DISCREETLY (i.e. private messages).

I know that as a mod you can only do so much, but please show a bit more empathy. It's literally the only solace other than someone being banned. With dark52 not socially responding to most of these situations, the end product is a pretty inhospital environment should you end up on the wrong side of the stick.

edit: and seeing what UncleBob mentioned about said user publically showcasing the embarassment, making a thread for each person, is even more glaring.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:40:12 16/09/2013 by bmah
#32 Posted: 02:10:20 16/09/2013
Honestly, I think a lot of this issue has to do with the age and maturity of the Hunters on here. Some of them don't show respect but at the same time they demand it.
---
#33 Posted: 02:56:25 16/09/2013
Quote: bmah

Ok for some reason I didn't notice this quote before. While I understand that it's not against the rules, this statement in itself is incorrect as can be. A list created deliberately to disturb or create emotional distress is harassment. On my periodic postings on this site recently I have actually been subjected to this by someone else. Publically straight up announcing you don't like someone can be embarassing and is plain wrong. If one has a personal beef with someone else, you not only should try to resolve it with said person, but you should do so DISCREETLY (i.e. private messages).

I know that as a mod you can only do so much, but please show a bit more empathy. It's literally the only solace other than someone being banned. With dark52 not socially responding to most of these situations, the end product is a pretty inhospital environment should you end up on the wrong side of the stick.

Bmah, how is listing people you don't like emotionally distressing. So what? A person doesn't like you. Now if they said **** you after the name, then that would be harassment. I don't know if everyone shares my opinion on this, but if someone lists me as someone they don't like, I'd like to learn why and improve myself. I, however, do think that personal beefs need to be done privately.

I DO show empathy. However, I can't help you if you don't point out where the harassment is taking place. PM it to me/the other moderators, or report it.

Now TheGooch, I don't know if your implying that I'm not mature, but I don't demand respect. I know I have to EARN it.

UncleBob you do realize that us Hunters can only can Gnorc for 24 hours. If you need someone to be suspended for longer or be banned for their actions, you need to report it to dark52.
---
#34 Posted: 03:17:52 16/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I DO show empathy. However, I can't help you if you don't point out where the harassment is taking place. PM it to me/the other moderators, or report it.

I believe I just posted several quotes above that show the constant harassment, name calling, insulting and rudeness...

Quote:
UncleBob you do realize that us Hunters can only can Gnorc for 24 hours. If you need someone to be suspended for longer or be banned for their actions, you need to report it to dark52.

I have.
#35 Posted: 03:21:13 16/09/2013
I'll Gnorc him for a third time, but hasn't it been evident by his history that he will harass you again. If Gnorcing won't help, you've got to tell dark52.
---
#36 Posted: 05:48:14 16/09/2013
Bmah, how is listing people you don't like emotionally distressing. So what? A person doesn't like you.

It's the publicization of outright saying it that I find more disturbing than anything. (and in this case, as you have already seen, the complaint goes further than that to the creation of threads and posts)
That amounts to a personal beef, which as you said should be done privately.

Now in my own case, I actually did write to dark52's email to address my concern - I didn't sit around doing nothing. However, I got no response. I just decided to forget about it afterwards.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:52:33 16/09/2013 by bmah
#37 Posted: 05:58:49 16/09/2013
Could this be an instance where the community cares more about the forum than the creator? It is really too bad considering how obvious how much this place means to people. Why bother creating something if you don't want to deal with the issues that go along with it? I have emailed dark52 directly as well with no response whatsoever. Seriously, what gives? Why do things have to be this way?
---
#38 Posted: 06:06:50 16/09/2013
Well I knew that for a long time. Even when I joined the forums (many years ago), the short period where dark52 supposedly was very interactive with the forum members was already gone. I just end up not posting very much on this site now, simple as that. *shrugs*
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#39 Posted: 03:25:24 17/09/2013

There's several different degrees of harassment, and what could be harassment to one person could be petty trolling to another.

This is one of those instances.

Quote: UncleBob
JCW555 - how about going onto someone else's guestbook and telling them to "Eat a ****"? Or constantly posting attacks directly at other users in threads? Repeated posts that serve no purpose other than to attack other members of the forum? Constantly calling other members derogatory nicknames? Accusing people of scamming and defrauding others with absolutly no proof (and it turns out every single time that the so-called 'scammer' was not lying - yet never an apology for spreading lies)?

Does any of *that* count as harassment?

And, as a moderator of the forums, are you giving the official "okay" to create hate lists, so long as they're on one's own guestbook?

You could always just ignore the guy. It really isn't that hard as they aren't spamming your screen and making it impossible for you to get away from it.

I get it. The guy is a dick. But there is no need to get this pissy about it, especially to a mod who isn't even responsible for the sections this guy usually posts in. Bring it up personally with the mods that are in charge of the sections, or go to Dark directly (though that's mostly a lost cause).

Quote: bmah
I can totally empathize with TheGooch here. And it really isn't the fault of the Hunters - as you can clearly see, they're being pretty diligent - but their effectiveness on particular situations only goes so far. And when all issues out of their jurisdiction gets redirected to dark52, well there's the problem: dark52's degree of responsiveness (and perhaps to that extent, empathy) is more or less a dud in most cases. That's from my own experiences however. Maybe someone else has better luck.

For some reason, Dark still doesn't trust the people that he chose personally as moderators. He doesn't trust them with the ability to do.......well.........ANYTHING, and as a result when something happens that the mods aren't allowed to help with, they get thrown under the bus and blamed.

This entire problem leads back to the admin. He may as well have not gotten mods at all if he was just going to treat them like this.

You know that mods are people too and have lives, right?

I know that sounds hypocritical coming from me, someone who has called out Dark on multiple occasions for not doing anything. But some of these mods do their best with the little that they can do. JCW has already stated that he can't do anything about the user's GB, and there probably isn't much he can do if the majority of the posts in question are outside of his sections. His hands are tied.

There are 2 Hunters in this section and UncleBobs lengthy submission was posted over 24 hours ago.... As far as the guy being Gnorc'd twice, where did it get anybody? He got cut off twice for a day just to come back and do it all over again. What the hell is wrong with banning the guy? Make him come back as somebody else so that he loses any of the Gems he accumulated over the months. His rude and nasty behavior will be easy to pick out from any newcomer.

Dark is the only one that can ban users. Mods can only suspend for the maximum period of 24 hours (to my knowledge). You want him to be perma-banned? Go PM Dark and demand he get off his ass and do something instead of whining to the people that are trying their best.

Honestly, I think a lot of this issue has to do with the age and maturity of the Hunters on here. Some of them don't show respect but at the same time they demand it.

I agree with you. Several of the mods here are absolute garbage even with the little that they CAN do, instead parading their title around and acting like it makes them better than everyone. They think being a mod extends their e-peen and that they don't have anything to prove to us. That they've already done what they needed to do to show they're worthy when they sent in an application that may as well have been a lie.

JCW is not one of those people. JCW is one of the few decent mods on here that does the best he can and tries to be helpful in any situation possible. Yeah he has the bad habit of taking everything seriously, but it's made up by his genuine effort.

Could this be an instance where the community cares more about the forum than the creator? It is really too bad considering how obvious how much this place means to people. Why bother creating something if you don't want to deal with the issues that go along with it? I have emailed dark52 directly as well with no response whatsoever. Seriously, what gives? Why do things have to be this way?

It's all about the money. We can all kill each other inside and he won't mind as long as people are coming onto the site and giving him views.

The fact that it took him years to get mods (and half of them be ****) says enough.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:28:04 17/09/2013 by CAV
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me