Page 1 of 1
Lightcore Hex [CLOSED]
GB700 Green Sparx Gems: 475
#1 Posted: 21:57:05 01/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi Guy's

Just after your views on this. We all know Skylanders is very expensive and in spite of this some of us made a commitment to ourselves to complete the collection of toys.
Some people have decided to complete thier giants collection and not get Swap Force. (Not me, I got dark edition on pre order).

Lightcore Hex is a Giant's toy and Activision are forcing you to buy the 3rd game to get a toy that is from the 2nd game.

Does anyone else feel this immoral if not illegal trading practice. It is profiteering forcing fans to start a 3rd collection.
I feel this exploits the relationship between Activision and its main customer base (Children) Preying on the vulnerable.

I ordered at gamestop.co.uk and they not giving Lightcore Hex with pre orders. So I can not complete my Giants collection unless I pre-order a 2nd copy of the game from a different retailer.
---
SWAPS smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LC smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CORE smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 23:34:52 01/09/2013
Cancel the preorder, then.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
dangerousbrian0 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#3 Posted: 00:13:37 02/09/2013
actualy lightcore hex will get released a little bit after swap force has been released they are giving away for free first as a preorder incentive to swap force then maybe a few weeks or months later they will release her on her own.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:55:52 20/10/2013 by dangerousbrian0
Archie Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#4 Posted: 20:28:50 02/09/2013
Was very angry that activision decided to release Lightcore Hex with pre order for swapforce, as I was not intending to buy swap force straight away. I think activision released Giants to soon after Skylanders & are doing the same with Swap Force. Its a very expensive hobbie collecting all the figures!
---
SSA 37/37 SG 62/62 SSF 75/75 STT 72/72 Traps 57/60(+1 xtra light/dark) SSC 0!
HamsterExAstris Yellow Sparx Gems: 1186
#5 Posted: 23:17:55 02/09/2013
Quote: Archie
I think activision released Giants to soon after Skylanders & are doing the same with Swap Force. Its a very expensive hobbie collecting all the figures!

Activision wants to sell more figures. To do that, they need new figures. To do that, they need a new game. Q.E.D., new game each fall.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 01:22:25 03/09/2013
Quote: GB700
Hi Guy's

Just after your views on this. We all know Skylanders is very expensive and in spite of this some of us made a commitment to ourselves to complete the collection of toys.
Some people have decided to complete thier giants collection and not get Swap Force. (Not me, I got dark edition on pre order).

Lightcore Hex is a Giant's toy and Activision are forcing you to buy the 3rd game to get a toy that is from the 2nd game.

Does anyone else feel this immoral if not illegal trading practice. It is profiteering forcing fans to start a 3rd collection.
I feel this exploits the relationship between Activision and its main customer base (Children) Preying on the vulnerable.

I ordered at gamestop.co.uk and they not giving Lightcore Hex with pre orders. So I can not complete my Giants collection unless I pre-order a 2nd copy of the game from a different retailer.

It's a bummer, but Activision is within its rights to sell its merchandise any way it sees fit. You, by the same token, are within your rights not to buy. It's called capitalism. Morality in selling video games...that's a good one. You're welcome.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Urban_Yeti Green Sparx Gems: 448
#7 Posted: 05:42:40 03/09/2013
I haven't read anywhere but has it been confirmed if LC Hex will even be in packaging or simply a baggie? As all US stores seem to be doing that promotion, Activsion would be saving money by simply sending her in bulk in baggies but some collectors like their figures MOC.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#8 Posted: 06:05:35 03/09/2013
Quote: Urban_Yeti
I haven't read anywhere but has it been confirmed if LC Hex will even be in packaging or simply a baggie? As all US stores seem to be doing that promotion, Activsion would be saving money by simply sending her in bulk in baggies but some collectors like their figures MOC.

Well, she's in proper packaging in Australia, so it seems doubtful (EXTREMELY) that she would just be in a baggie in North America. Not sure why you would even entertain that idea as a possibility.

I've been sure that she would be in stores as a single before Swap Force, but that should have been in July, August at the latest, and here we are in September. It makes no sense that she'd appear in stores on the day all Giants figures will basically be discontinued in stores. Obviously she will appear at some point as a single, to buy independently of Swap Force, but it seems moronic to make her available on only one day.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Urban_Yeti Green Sparx Gems: 448
#9 Posted: 15:37:52 03/09/2013
I'm sure when they start to sell her in the US she will be in packaging...but for now (in the US) she is only available as a bonus to the pre-order. Stores aren't charged for promo items...so stores shouldn't be selling her during the launch (or any that are left over) as that would be pure profit. It's not that far fetched to think she might simply be in a baggie....or even just inside the actual starter pack. The whole bonus could simply be a marketing ploy. Packaging costs money..so why would Activision pay extra for something that they are giving away for free.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#10 Posted: 16:18:26 03/09/2013
I'm sure when they start to sell her in the US she will be in packaging...but for now (in the US) she is only available as a bonus to the pre-order. Stores aren't charged for promo items...so stores shouldn't be selling her during the launch (or any that are left over) as that would be pure profit. It's not that far fetched to think she might simply be in a baggie....or even just inside the actual starter pack. The whole bonus could simply be a marketing ploy. Packaging costs money..so why would Activision pay extra for something that they are giving away for free.

To determine whether or not it will be in a normalpackage let's look at another slightly similar situation...

Take the castle case for example. At TRU it was available with Wham-Shell included in the case. If one were to buy one which included him and opened it, it would include a Wham-Shall FULLY PACKAGED in normal retail Skylanders Spyro's Adventure packaging for a Wham-Shell.

I expect much the same for LC Hex. She will likely be in her normal packaging and handed out to people who pre-oredered the game upon pick-up.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:18:41 03/09/2013 by Seiki
HamsterExAstris Yellow Sparx Gems: 1186
#11 Posted: 19:49:01 03/09/2013
I'm sure when they start to sell her in the US she will be in packaging...but for now (in the US) she is only available as a bonus to the pre-order. Stores aren't charged for promo items...so stores shouldn't be selling her during the launch (or any that are left over) as that would be pure profit. It's not that far fetched to think she might simply be in a baggie....or even just inside the actual starter pack.

I would agree, if it weren't for how Target is implementing their LightCore Hex preorders. You're given a coupon to use on the release date to get her for free with the purchase of a game - so it'll still need to be in the regular packaging so it can be rung up. If she only came in a baggie, that wouldn't work.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#12 Posted: 22:37:35 03/09/2013
I think she will come in normal packaging
you cannot put sidekick logic in this
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#13 Posted: 00:36:25 04/09/2013
My tru order has her listed with a value of 12.99 and the swap force pack as 63.99 (somehting like that) they usually do this when they are separate items in case one were to try and return say hex by herself or swap force.

Another example is when i picked up Disney Iinfinity at target, the preorder took off the card pack and one figures price from the order. Upon return of said items the figure was worth alittle over 10, the coin pack about 5 and the game itself was $60. I know this because i went to return the game as i got a better deal elsewhere and had forgotten the pack and figure at home and returned the game by itself.

So in theory if lc hex aint out as a single you could preorder the game, go and buy it and just return the game, which basically you'd just pay for lc hex. Thou I do truely feel they will have her as a single that day also and just set aside the amount of preorders they have. However the target ones are not set to the store you preordered at as I was able to pick up our disney infinity when it came out at a store in a completely different state and still get the items for free. This is more then likely because targets preorder works as a coupon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:41:29 04/09/2013 by SlayerX11
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me