darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > new player, have a few questions
Page 1 of 1
new player, have a few questions [CLOSED]
njbrodeur87 Green Sparx Gems: 179
#1 Posted: 14:21:15 20/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey guys,

Im new to the skylanders world. I actually just got skylanders spyro adventure, and looking to get giants as well. Right now i have 1 character from each type for spyro adventure. I have a few questions. Since i heard as long as you have 1 of each type, you can beat all of the game, what would be the reason for me to collect them all, what do you get in spyro adventure and giants by collecting all of them instead of me just getting one of each type.

Also i have 9 right now from skylanders spyro, and getting giants soon. Should i get series 2 figures for giants, or since i can use my spyro characters, not get series 2, and only get the giants characters and only the other 8 giants that didnt release in the spyro adventure game.

thanks everyone
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 14:33:09 20/08/2013
I would get S2 if you don't have the S1, and the benefit is more elemental power and heroic challenges.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#3 Posted: 15:13:25 20/08/2013
Series 2 have a wowpow attack, and they unlock heroics in giants. IF you don't care for either of those then go with whatever is cheaper.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 16:52:23 20/08/2013
Technically you only need 1 giant (in portal owner pack you get 1 )

s2 characters unlock heroic challenges in giants unlike s1 (also new characters from giants unlock them )
and they have a wow pow that makes them stronger.

Although I recomend buying 1 giant (or all smilie ) you should wait and save up for swap force which is coming out on october 13th 2013
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#5 Posted: 17:22:43 20/08/2013
what windemup said
cyber dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 606
#6 Posted: 17:25:07 20/08/2013
same as what Windumup say
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#7 Posted: 01:30:38 21/08/2013
Series 2 (or "S2", the Giants repose of certain characters) have some minor advantages to S1. Most people feel that the advantages are NOT enough to warrant getting S2 if you already have S1, but if you don't have S1, definitely aim for S2.

S2 advantages:
1) S2 can unlock their heroic challenge in both games, while S1 can only unlock challenges in the first game (SSA)
2) S2 gets one more upgrade, universally called Wow Pow. For example, I have both Stump Smashes, and my S2 has an extra upgrade which, when bought, allows him to rapid-fire spiked acorns, a stream of 5. Along with his 2-acorns-at-a-time upgrade, that means 10 acorns in 2 streams of 5, it's about all I use since I got it. S1 doesn't have the rapid fire upgrade.
3) After you pick a path, an S2 can go to Persephone and switch paths. Any bought upgrades remain bought, so you can buy all 6 (2 paths of 3), and switch whichever set is active whenever you want before a level, just by visiting Persephone. (or during the chapter in Chapter 2: Junkyard Isles, since you can visit Persephone during that level).

Since all this happened when they went from SSA to Giants, it stands to reason they may do something like this when they move to Swap Force as well, which is why there's some logic to what people are saying, to wait for Swap Force. But as far as I know, there's fewer reposes in Swap Force... Look into who is coming out for Swap Force, at least as much as is known at the moment, and anybody else should be safe, LOL!

Oh, and if you care about unlocking Heroic Challenges, some changed, so you might want to get S2 even if you have S1. Zook, Cynder and Chop Chop all changed, as I recall.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:04 21/08/2013 by niceguy1
njbrodeur87 Green Sparx Gems: 179
#8 Posted: 03:34:45 21/08/2013 | Topic Creator
oo ok awesome, i had no idea season 2 will unlock the challeneges in both games, as opposed to season 1 only working in the first game, easy choice for me then.

thanks everyone
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#9 Posted: 13:14:54 21/08/2013
Quote: njbrodeur87
oo ok awesome, i had no idea season 2 will unlock the challeneges in both games, as opposed to season 1 only working in the first game, easy choice for me then.

thanks everyone

Still recommending waiting for swap force which isn't that far away.
You would have more cash for newer figures.

O and P.S. Buy any granite crusher/jade flashwing/ molten hot dog you find even if you don't get giants (they are valuable)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#10 Posted: 23:30:56 21/08/2013
Quote: njbrodeur87

thanks everyone

Yeah, the first game just sees them as the same as S1. For this reason, in-game variants from Giants (for example, Legendary Stealth Elf) and S2 Lightcores (like Lightcore Eruptor) list on their box that they're NOT compatible with SSA, but this is basically a lie. It just means the variant won't have their special look (my Legendary Stealth Elf just looks like normal Stealth Elf in SSA) and the Lightcores won't have their special POW entrance. You don't have access to S2 Wow Pows in SSA either, because that game doesn't know about the upgrade even existing.

Otherwise, S2 just works like S1. You just have to take ownership, just like any other figure (this is done automatically the first time you use a figure in ANY Skylanders save game, after that you have to do it manually in order to do things like unlock the Heroics).
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 07:18:31 22/08/2013
^It's a partial truth rather than a lie. There are lightcores coming out in Swap Force that actually WON'T be compatible with previous games. You basically have to look at the roster of the previous games with the lightcore--if they are in the previous game, it works. Sounds easy enough for me to remember.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#12 Posted: 11:59:01 28/08/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
^It's a partial truth rather than a lie. There are lightcores coming out in Swap Force that actually WON'T be compatible with previous games. You basically have to look at the roster of the previous games with the lightcore--if they are in the previous game, it works. Sounds easy enough for me to remember.

That's why I said BASICALLY a lie. smilie Some specific aspects won't work (Lightcore, the unique looks), but they work for the most part. Also, I'm not sure why you made that point about Swap Force, it the exact same thing we've been saying about Giants, that Giants figures of SSA characters will work, new people won't. Which IS simple, as long as you can remember who was introduced in which game (which isn't so easy for new players).

Oh, and something else to the original poster... PHYSICALLY the light effect still works. Even when I'm playing SSA with my SSA portal, the portal will still light up whatever character I put on the portal.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me