Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Likes. [CLOSED]
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#1 Posted: 21:36:32 17/08/2013 | Topic Creator
It would be nice if we had a little "Like" button down by the "Quote". And at the bottom of the post, it could say: "X-Treme likes this", "X-Treme and DummyZ like this", or "X-Treme, dummyZ, and 4 others like this". Maybe even you get ___ number of gems for every ___ number of likes you get. Anyways, its just a little suggestion.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 21:41:33 17/08/2013
I think it's pointless. It's not YouTube, lol.
And usually someone normally pinpoints you, and tells you what they think of your post, in my case, anything negative from me, then I'm always being pointed out, anything different, then I'm either just ignored, or I get some kind of reaction.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#3 Posted: 02:10:02 18/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I use it on another forum, and it's a pretty good feature. Makes it easier to say you like the post.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 02:57:48 18/08/2013
I, too, have it on another forum. And we're of the opinion it is a bad system. It can be subject to misuse and bias. Several users on that sight pointed out that popular/older users would get likes on almost everything they post, while newer users (or users who weren't as respected) would not. It would lead these users to feel pretty bad. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#5 Posted: 03:45:07 18/08/2013
A big problem is, of course, no Like system was implemented in the first place. Adding it now would probably be a mistake. I don't consider any new social features to be of use for adding the forum, but it would reduce the "i agree" quote-spam that just consists of filler or something along those lines. With that, I can see the Like system here used more appropriately in most forums, not S&N, despite S&N consisting the largest quantity of the "i agree" clutter.

It's not a system that's always bound to be bad, as some large communities have people giving likes even on new member's posts, and has worked well on various sites, large or small. Though, the system can take a while to stabilize itself, depending on the site - just like many threads here, like Personal Thoughts 5, may never really "take off" on other forums but it did on this one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:23 18/08/2013 by Wild
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#6 Posted: 15:03:13 18/08/2013
While the function would be fun to use IMO, it would just cause a disaster.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#7 Posted: 16:13:37 18/08/2013
Quote: DummyZ
While the function would be fun to use IMO, it would just cause a disaster.

- - -
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me