Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro featured on Did You Know Gaming
Page 1 of 1
Spyro featured on Did You Know Gaming [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#1 Posted: 20:42:54 17/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Did You Know Gaming is a show where various tidbits of trivia about popular games are put into one short video. And they finally did an episode about Spyro!

---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#2 Posted: 20:46:27 17/08/2013
Already seen it in another topic, and pretty much knew most of the stuff, still nice how they explained it all. By the way, was it just me or does the commentator need to slow down when he's speaking, he was giving me a headache, I found him annoying.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#3 Posted: 22:14:07 17/08/2013
UGH you beat me to it. Anyways, about time this was made.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 22:20:41 17/08/2013
This is Caddy trying to fulfill the 90's kids games for DYKG - he missed out on some interesting facts. Had the opportunity to point out that Skylanders Sparx was voiced by André Sogliuzzo; who they brought back after he had voiced him in YOTD.
#5 Posted: 22:31:53 17/08/2013
Quote: bionicle2809
This is Caddy trying to fulfill the 90's kids games for DYKG - he missed out on some interesting facts. Had the opportunity to point out that Skylanders Sparx was voiced by André Sogliuzzo; who they brought back after he had voiced him in YOTD.

I keep on forgetting about that you know, so thanks for reminding me, I guess that is really nice, but I wonder why they couldn't get Tom Kenny back? I guess it would be too obvious then wouldn't it?
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#6 Posted: 22:47:42 17/08/2013
^Actually, Tom Kenny voiced a few Skylanders in the Giant's commercials. And it's rumored he might be the voice of Stink Bomb in Swap Force.
#7 Posted: 22:49:38 17/08/2013
Quote: spyrocrash
^Actually, Tom Kenny voiced a few Skylanders in the Giant's commercials. And it's rumored he might be the voice of Stink Bomb in Swap Force.

Huh, that's a bit random. Well good on them I suppose.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 01:55:15 18/08/2013
Just watched it,and loved it.Oh I miss those days when me and my cousins would beat Spyro on a daily basis but now he has a girlfriend and a job.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 03:22:28 18/08/2013
Ah, I wish they mentioned the alternative tracks from the first game that Copeland composed and Insomniac programmed to play after you had been in a level long enough. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#10 Posted: 09:33:58 18/08/2013 | Topic Creator
It should be worth noting that DYKG tries to go for more obscure gaming tidbits, rather than well known facts, and they try to keep it to things that people will find interesting. What's the point in them talking about things that are widely known about?

Granted, it's kind of hard for them to do this with Spyro. Most Spyro trivia is already known by Spyro fans. These videos are really meant for more casual fans who may not be bothered to research franchises themselves. This is probably one of the only times they've actually brought up voice acting, for example, and likely because people don't realise Spyro has had quite the all-star voice cast. Not many people realise that Spyro has been voiced by Elijah Wood, for example.

I myself did know about everything in this video, except for the poem hidden within the files of the games. I also didn't realise those enemies from Spyro 2 are similar to Ratchet and Clank.

Also, for those wondering why they only really tackled the Insomniac trilogy, it might have something to do with the fact that Caddicarus (the commentator) only really likes the first three Spyro games. That, and the fact that there simply isn't as much to discuss outside of those games, as Insomniac are the only Spyro developers who have been truly open about their behind the scenes work.

Also, even if you are disappointed by this video, they might do another video. They've done multiple videos on various franchises. Don't expect it for a while though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:36:58 18/08/2013 by sonicbrawler182
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#11 Posted: 12:11:04 18/08/2013
That's so cool! I didn't get what he meant about the poem though.
yay Bianca haiiiii
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
cyber dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 606
#12 Posted: 13:03:34 18/08/2013
sorry my "£$"£% brother got his hand on my compute whilst i was away
cool vid
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:05:17 18/08/2013 by cyber dragon
#13 Posted: 13:22:09 18/08/2013
Quote: cyber dragon
idiots

Why do you say that?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#14 Posted: 13:29:07 18/08/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182
*snip*

Yeah, I know. If they DO ever do another one, they should talk about Enter the Dragonfly. Because I'm pretty sure that had a TON of cut content due to time constraints. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#15 Posted: 15:12:51 18/08/2013
Lol, I knew nearly everything that was said in the video already. smilie Definitely make a part two.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
#16 Posted: 23:23:50 18/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
*snip*

Yeah, I know. If they DO ever do another one, they should talk about Enter the Dragonfly. Because I'm pretty sure that had a TON of cut content due to time constraints. <.<

EtD had a lot of cut content, but most of it is not known.
---
#17 Posted: 07:52:09 19/08/2013
Quote: HIR
*snip*

EtD had a lot of cut content, but most of it is not known.

All you've got to do is to look on wikipedia about ETD, and it tells you in a paragraph what was cut, but then again, wikipedia sometimes isn't the best source. And there's probably a lot more to it, after about 14 years of Spyro 2, people are only just finding out more things about it. Like Mystic Marsh was originally named as Mystic City, and Sunny Beach was Aquaria Beach, etc.
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#18 Posted: 04:37:33 25/08/2013
I thought Caddie and DYKG did a good job. It was fun just hearing little known facts about the psx Spyro.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#19 Posted: 13:03:16 25/08/2013
It should be worth noting that DYKG tries to go for more obscure gaming tidbits, rather than well known facts, and they try to keep it to things that people will find interesting. What's the point in them talking about things that are widely known about?

Granted, it's kind of hard for them to do this with Spyro. Most Spyro trivia is already known by Spyro fans. These videos are really meant for more casual fans who may not be bothered to research franchises themselves. This is probably one of the only times they've actually brought up voice acting, for example, and likely because people don't realise Spyro has had quite the all-star voice cast. Not many people realise that Spyro has been voiced by Elijah Wood, for example.

I myself did know about everything in this video, except for the poem hidden within the files of the games. I also didn't realise those enemies from Spyro 2 are similar to Ratchet and Clank.

Also, for those wondering why they only really tackled the Insomniac trilogy, it might have something to do with the fact that Caddicarus (the commentator) only really likes the first three Spyro games. That, and the fact that there simply isn't as much to discuss outside of those games, as Insomniac are the only Spyro developers who have been truly open about their behind the scenes work.

Also, even if you are disappointed by this video, they might do another video. They've done multiple videos on various franchises. Don't expect it for a while though.

Hardcore fans will always know the trivia. Just look at the comments on their website posts.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#20 Posted: 18:58:55 12/09/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar
That's so cool! I didn't get what he meant about the poem though.
yay Bianca haiiiii

Basically, it's a bunch of phrases from different famous poems put together hidden in the code of the game. It's inaccessible during actual gameplay. The last line (I always get the shemp) doesn't appear to be from any poem, and is probably an Insomniac inside-joke.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me