Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > The tale of Nasarath (Skylanders fanfic)
Page 1 of 1
The tale of Nasarath (Skylanders fanfic) [CLOSED]
NasarathTheDark Blue Sparx Gems: 799
#1 Posted: 23:39:46 16/08/2013 | Topic Creator
OK so this is the story of my main OC and sort of Dragsona Nasarath the Dark, though it's set in the Skylanders universe, there will be original places and characters from the other timelines (most notably Flame and Ember)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Prologue

Nasarath crept out of the building into the frigid cold of snowy peak, his feet sank into the snow and sent a fresh chill running through his body. The black dragon stood still for a moment, wondering if he should just go back inside and forget his foolish notions of escape and adventure. He was about to do just that but he forced himself to keep going, he would probably never get another chance like this. He padded across the snow covered ground to the village exit, looking back he could just see the last light in the village blink off. He gave a heavy sigh and stepped through the gate out onto the road
"You finally leaving then?" Nasarath looked to his right and saw Verdis, a mint green dragon with light blue markings, standing next to the gate "You always said you would" continued the dragon "most of the kids didn't believe you but I'd seen that look in your eyes before, the same look your dad had when he arrived at the orphanage holding your egg. Most other dragons would have died from the wounds he bore but I guess the determination to keep you safe made him keep going, 'course if he knew where he was leaving you, maybe he would've just given up"
"You saw my dad?"
"Aye, I was standing in the dormitory door when he came in, all he said was your name and that he wanted you safe"
Nasarath looked at his friend "Why did you never tell me?"
"I thought it would be unnecessary pain for you, hearing about how he died to save your life, probably make you feel guilty even though any dragon would've done the same"
"Why are you out here Verdis, if they notice you're gone..."
"I come out here every night, it's very peaceful and so long as I remember to go back before they do their rounds, I'm safe. Speaking of that they're going to be doing it soon, so you'd best get out of here and I'd best get back. Good luck with your life, Nasarath"
"You too" replied the black dragon as the other winged off. Nasarath took one last look back at his home village then broke into a sprint, running off into the night.
---
"I'm not a god.
"I'm a guardian, a servant, and a weapon."
"I have power and knowledge far surpassing a god. But I am not one."
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2 Posted: 05:33:18 17/08/2013
oh wow, newbie writing right away in here, nice to meet you!
#3 Posted: 12:35:29 17/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Nice to meet you too. I basically created this account as a place to write all of my Spyro fanfics, writing fanfics and indeed original stories is somewhat of a hobby of mine though I currently have no finished ones.
---
"I'm not a god.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#4 Posted: 12:40:55 17/08/2013
oh nice, so , maby we can talk on PM thats better then spamming a topic full with a conversation

just look at the right, if you see there is 1 message, it could be me
#5 Posted: 12:58:57 17/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay, thanks for the tip
---
"I'm not a god.
Fan Of Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1417
#6 Posted: 16:24:38 17/08/2013
Hiya! Nice prologue! It's awesome so far! Keep it up!
---
I'll be on every now and then.
#7 Posted: 14:22:11 20/08/2013 | Topic Creator
New Chapter soon! (as soon as I can think of a name for it heh heh)
---
"I'm not a god.
#8 Posted: 17:17:17 05/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Of course by soon I meant almost two months later. I'm sorry it took so long but I lost my draft and then basically just forgot and did other stuff but anyway new chapter will be coming very soon (again as soon as I can think of a name) and I mean it this time
---
"I'm not a god.
#9 Posted: 17:19:01 06/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1: Fort of the Drow

Three shadowy figures dodged out from an icy outcrop. They swiftly covered the ground between there and the fortress, being careful to skirt the questing spotlights as they raced across the ice flats coming in to hide in the shadows of the fortress wall. Gill Grunt unshouldered his gun and fired a harpoon straight upwards. The metal prongs latched onto a depression between the crenelations of the wall. After giving the line a sharp tug to make sure it stayed firm, he pressed a button on the side of the gun and the harpoon began to reel him in. He landed silently on the wall as Spyro alighted beside him. They nodded to each other as they crept off along opposite sections of the wall and took out the two Drow manning the spotlights.

As they heaved the unconscious forms into the banks of snow below, Sunburn flew over the wall and landed in the courtyard. The young Dragnix shivered as his feet sank into the cold snow. Shaking his head to clear his mind, he padded silently over to the gatehouse entrance. He squeezed through the half-open door and immediately slipped behind some crates as the gatekeeper looked up at the slight change in temperature. He stumped over to the door growling bad-temperedly "Damn door, why can't you just stay shut?" He slammed the door and went back over to the table where he sat nursing a cup of cocoa. Sunburn crept up behind him and hit him hard over the back of the head, knocking him out cold. Sunburn turned his attention to the task at hand, lowering the drawbridge for their friends outside. The drawbridge was held closed by a chain wrapped around a crank that could be turned to raise or lower it, easy to understand.

Camo watched as the drawbridge was lowered into the snowy ground with a soft whump he turned to his Gremlin companion "C'mon Trig, it's your turn now" The Dragon and his friend made their way across the drawbridge and into the courtyard where they met up with Spyro and Gill. Sunburn finished stuffing the unconscious gatekeeper into a crate and went out to join the others. Gill studied the map they had brought along for about three minutes before he pointed to a grate set in the wall "That's where we need to go" he said. Trig pulled out a small grenade "Are you sure this won't alert the guards?" asked Spyro as the Gremlin pulled back his arm "Positive" Trig lobbed the grenade through the bars of the grate. There was a soft hiss and an almost silent explosion and the rivets of the gate popped out "Told ya" said the Gremlin to the purple Dragon and rushed forward to catch the falling grate.

The five heroes made their way through the tunnels underneath the Drow fort "You would have thought the Drow would have blocked these tunnels off" said Spyro "being a key strategic weakness and all"
"The Drow use these tunnels for maintenance an easy access" replied Sunburn "and remember no one is supposed to know about them"
"True" The Skylanders reached a fork in the path "Which way now?" asked Camo, Gill pointed down the left fork "That way, then go up the stairs to your right and we'll be out" The Fruit Dragon followed the Gillman's instructions and they arrived in a large circular chamber. The group made their way to the center of the room "Didn't they say they were trapped in here?" asked the Spyro. All of a sudden the group were surrounded by Drow "I'm beginning to think we were tricked" said Gill
"Really? What was your first clue?" The ranks in front of the Skylanders parted allowing a Goliath Drow to get through "Little bitty Skylanders, did you really think that there were Mabu trapped here?" he asked "how would they be able to transmit the distress signal? Dummkopf!" the Goliath laughed "Destroy them!" A ring of black and purple fire erupted in a ring around the trapped Skylanders, it pulsed outwards and all of the Drow surrounding the heroes were completely incinerated. A large black Dragon made his way through the piles of ashes towards them and bowed his head, he spoke in a deep rumbling voice "Greetings, I'm Nasarath the Dark, feel free to run whenever you like"
---
"I'm not a god.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:39:53 15/03/2014 by NasarathTheDark
#10 Posted: 21:09:29 19/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Did anyone actually read chapter 1? I stopped because I didn't get any feedback but if someone was actually interested in this story could they please say so? I found this very entertaining to write and I'd hate to let it die
---
"I'm not a god.
#11 Posted: 23:28:04 30/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Shame, goodbye
---
"I'm not a god.
#12 Posted: 17:41:00 15/03/2014 | Topic Creator
And my boredom has forced me to return, I'm interested in continuing this so long as you want to read it
---
"I'm not a god.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me