Page 1 of 1
Portal Problems! [CLOSED]
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#1 Posted: 22:00:00 16/08/2013 | Topic Creator
So, for some inexplicable reason, my USB Wireless Receiver has decided to stop working (I've got the S:SA portal), which means the portal itself is as good as useless too.

I don't suppose anyone has any suggestions for resolving this issue?
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 22:55:46 16/08/2013
Call the staff at Activision and have it replaced. This is actually one of those rare times that they can actually help.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:56:31 16/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
#3 Posted: 23:49:03 16/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Hmmm, well I can give it a shot, but I'm unsure of Activision's presence outside of the states, I'm in New Zealand as it is.
Still, can't hurt to try.
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 00:38:45 17/08/2013
Yeah, try Activision...

Outside of them, everything else requires throwing money at the problem. You can try finding a replacement receiver (or "dongle", another term you can search for) on like Kijiji or Craigslist or eBay, you can try getting a replacement portal from the same places, you can try getting a wired Giants portal from the same places, or if you don't have it you can buy Giants (since this is in the Giants forum, I'm guessing you already have it, though, probably the Portal Owner's Pack, so no portal)
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#5 Posted: 01:05:12 17/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Yep, I got the Portal Owners pack, and this is the third time I wish I'd straight up gotten the standard edition...

Even if Swap Force had a Portal Owners pack, I've learned from this one.
I might even try at EB, maybe they've got spares.
---
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#6 Posted: 15:48:19 17/08/2013
Not sure how being in New Zealand would affect shipping and/or availability, but replacement Portals are sold by third-party shops on Amazon.com, and you can find them on eBay too (both by auction or "Buy It Now"). The wired Portal for Wii or PS3 typically runs $12-$15. If you really want the wireless one, those tend to be a little more expensive ... and the "dongle" piece (by itself) typically sells for the same-ish price as the whole Portal + dongle set ($15-$25).

Another (cheaper) option, if you're just looking for a temporary hold-over Portal until SwapForce is released, you can use the mini Portal that's designed for the Nintendo 3DS. You can connect it to the PS3 or Wii with any standard USB cable that has the "mini" (not "micro"!) end-piece. Those portals usually sell super cheap ($5-$8) since people are just trying to unload them after selling the Punch Pop Fizz piecemeal from the 3Ds starter set.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#7 Posted: 21:33:32 17/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Actually I've got the 3DS of S:SA, so that should serve me for a while, I suppose. I'm largely done with Giants, so I figure I can wait till Swap Force.

Thanks for that suggestion as well (Mind you, if I did want to buy another, I'd get the bleedin' wired one....)
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 01:47:04 18/08/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
Not sure how being in New Zealand would affect shipping and/or availability, but replacement Portals are sold by third-party shops on Amazon.com, and you can find them on eBay too (both by auction or "Buy It Now"). The wired Portal for Wii or PS3 typically runs $12-$15. If you really want the wireless one, those tend to be a little more expensive ... and the "dongle" piece (by itself) typically sells for the same-ish price as the whole Portal + dongle set ($15-$25).

Another (cheaper) option, if you're just looking for a temporary hold-over Portal until SwapForce is released, you can use the mini Portal that's designed for the Nintendo 3DS. You can connect it to the PS3 or Wii with any standard USB cable that has the "mini" (not "micro"!) end-piece. Those portals usually sell super cheap ($5-$8) since people are just trying to unload them after selling the Punch Pop Fizz piecemeal from the 3Ds starter set.

absolutely check this out as a secondary option if Activision support is of no help. My assumption is that the replacement from Activision might be cheaper.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#9 Posted: 17:16:01 18/08/2013
my glow in the dark portal decided to stop working last night...its telling me my figures are the problem, i borrowed my brother in laws since we live in the same house and his works fine. so its not my figures.
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#10 Posted: 06:54:31 19/08/2013
I've heard the GITD portals have technical issues (actually, hearing they have issues is the first I heard of their existence, LOL!), that they're buggy.

Other than getting it replaced, I suggest trying one figure on several parts of the portal. I have a couple of figures which only work on particular parts of the portal. If you have other portals, try placing them - NOT connected - next to and touching your active portal, and try placing figures on the second portal. Additional portals extend the antenna range. But if you had other portals I would think you'd try them before requesting help here. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:55:09 19/08/2013 by niceguy1
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me