darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Hatterson's hat shop glitch/error? [PS3]
Page 1 of 1
Hatterson's hat shop glitch/error? [PS3] [CLOSED]
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#1 Posted: 21:38:49 16/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey all,

I'm seeing what I perceive to be a glitch or error in my game of Skylanders Giants (on PS3). Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, or if anyone has good ideas about possible "fixes" ...

When I enter the Hatterson's hat shop from the airship, everything seems normal. Then, I initiate dialogue with the Hatterson NPC, and it starts off normally. When he asks me if I want to buy a hat, and then I click "yes", however, the game fails to actually enter the shop screen ... instead, the dialogue just ends and I never get the chance to purchase the hats from the shop.

Post or PM if you think you can help me out with this weirdness. Thanks!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#2 Posted: 22:04:20 16/08/2013
I'm simply going to suggest my solution for the PS3 version of Skyrim, and in particular, Hearthfire. Just keep trying, even if you have to quit and come back.
These games are far from perfect, and issues like this will crop up occasionally, thankfully my own experiences have been relatively stable.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 22:49:57 16/08/2013
Bahamut--is this on game save file that's already beaten the game? If not, what level are you on? What are the parts on your ship?

I have a ps3 version and can play along with you.

I've personally have bought all of my hats, and didn't experience the glitch...but I'm wondering if there's a mix of things that make this happen.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:11 16/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 00:26:50 17/08/2013
When weird things like this happen in my Skylanders, I reboot the game, maybe even the system. I generally keep Skylanders running 24/7, and if I haven't played for a few days it develops issues. I quit out of the game (I have an XBox, so I quit out to XBox Home), then I start the game again and things work fine again.

Have you tried that? Getting out and returning to Hatterson?
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#5 Posted: 15:37:34 17/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you niceguy1!
That did the trick. It was a weird glitch ... I guess sometimes the hard drive just needs a fresh start in order to work optimally.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 01:48:39 18/08/2013
Quote: niceguy1
When weird things like this happen in my Skylanders, I reboot the game, maybe even the system. I generally keep Skylanders running 24/7, and if I haven't played for a few days it develops issues. I quit out of the game (I have an XBox, so I quit out to XBox Home), then I start the game again and things work fine again.

Have you tried that? Getting out and returning to Hatterson?

Wow, your XBox is pretty sturdy if it's running 24/7. I tend to start seeing glitches if I keep the game running more than 3 hours or so of heavy playing.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:51 18/08/2013 by GhostRoaster
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#7 Posted: 06:19:12 18/08/2013
I guess so... Usually if I return in a day or two things are fine, it's only when it's 3 or 4 days between plays - or more - that things slow down to a crawl, LOL! That's the most reliable glitch, that the menus take FOREVER to draw, and usually my Skylander will move at a slow walk at the fastest. So it takes a while to quit (since I prefer not forcing it to quit using the XBox button).
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me