Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Permanent Trade Thread [CLOSED]
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#1 Posted: 03:02:17 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Join me on this heroic crusade in asking the powers that be to have our ultimate dreams answered by giving us a place on this most excellent forum to trade our figures. This is a message that I have left on Dark52's guest book and I ask that all of you like minded people show support for such an amazing opportunity.

How about we get a proper trading section in the forums? Make a full disclosure sticky advising all that use the forums for trading purposes are completely on their own and that no responsibility may be held on the forum administrators for sour deals. Other sites offer a section for trades, why not give the users here what they want and help all of us out with our collections? Need we continue to be forced into placing have/want lists in our signatures and guest books? I think not! This is 2013! Let us feast upon the trading section of these forums like the crazed collectors that we are!

Let our collective voices be heard, stand on the highest mountaintops in praise for the day to come. Give rise to the hope that one day we can have our little trading section on these forums to call our own. Isn't it all something that we all so richly deserve? Yes! Yes it is.

TheGooch
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
Cuchicoco Green Sparx Gems: 329
#2 Posted: 03:04:35 11/08/2013
Yes I love this idea
---
I have an extra Glow in the Dark Fright Rider and out of box boomer!!!!!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 03:14:14 11/08/2013
Shouldn't this be in suggestions?

And yes I completely agee
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#4 Posted: 03:19:35 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I have suggested it before. A collective request by many members would mean more than a single voice.
---
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#5 Posted: 03:38:34 11/08/2013
This will never happen dude.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#6 Posted: 03:42:46 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trexroarr
This will never happen dude.

And why do you say that? Why do other websites offer trading threads? cheapassgamer.com comes to mind. Why can't the masses at darkspyro.net enjoy the same pleasures?
---
Mage0069 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1785
#7 Posted: 03:51:02 11/08/2013
I'm all in sounds like a great idea, count me in
---
Need Nitro Magna Charge
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#8 Posted: 04:03:08 11/08/2013
Dark is VERY against it, from what I know.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#9 Posted: 04:34:27 11/08/2013
It won't happen. This site would never want their members to get duped from someone trading and it all going south because of sly people trying to pull a fast one on the other person. It could go so bad that it would make you feel like it was this sites fault for it happening. I respect that 100%. I know I would not want to get the short end of a trade deal if it was bogus. So that's my view on this trade thing.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#10 Posted: 06:59:24 11/08/2013
I think its a good idea. I mean a bad trade can happen anywhere. All Dark has to do is put a disclaimer saying "the website is not responsible for bad deals" and leave it as that. Scams happen everywhere. Its a do at your own risk kind of thing. And if it comes that someone does scamming, just ban him from the site. No different than someone cursing their head off in the forums which is against the rules too. I would never hold Dark responsible for something like that
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#11 Posted: 09:19:43 11/08/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker
I'd like to propose a counter-proposal:

ban "The Gooch" from the forums.

Take your sorry butt back to cheapassgamer.com where you came from, please.

Why would you say this to anyone?

The Gooch is an excellent contributor, with good suggestions and I think quite a few members will hold this against you.

Back on topic, I think that this could save members money and could be less risky than other options out there.

Personally, I bought extra chase variants to trade with members before I knew it wasn't allowed. I still have them, such a waste.
0TheSkylanders0 Red Sparx Gems: 10
#12 Posted: 11:43:21 11/08/2013
I'm in!!!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#13 Posted: 12:05:12 11/08/2013
Signed! This is one of the greatest idea but you know what? they'll don't do it! So if you want something like TheGooch want, go on my guestbook or PM me!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#14 Posted: 12:15:35 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BahamutBreaker
I'd like to propose a counter-proposal:

ban "The Gooch" from the forums.

Take your sorry butt back to cheapassgamer.com where you came from, please.

You are one of the most childish members on this forum for saying this. How ridiculous does one individual have to be to think saying things like that will make you appear clever? News flash! It doesn't, it makes you sound like a jealous tool. Go ride your high horse to where the sun doesn't shine BahumutBreaker, you never have a positive thing to contribute on these forums any way.
---
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#15 Posted: 13:00:12 11/08/2013
I finally scored a ghost roaster from ebay for 40$ but now I just need a boomer
---
henlo
#16 Posted: 13:15:03 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Will171717
I finally scored a ghost roaster from ebay for 40$ but now I just need a boomer

I see where you are going with this......

I just picked up an almost compete set of Spyro's Adventure figures at a garage sale. I am thinking about starting to collect another full set of them. Check my guestbook for Haves/Wants...
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#17 Posted: 13:16:30 11/08/2013
I need a punch pop fizz will trade any skylander!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#18 Posted: 13:21:49 11/08/2013
Signed, this is awesome, dark is making a big mistake by not allowing it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#19 Posted: 13:34:25 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sleepy0429
I need a punch pop fizz will trade any skylander!

I think we would need to make things a little less obvious....if you know what I mean smilie
---
#20 Posted: 14:01:16 11/08/2013
^ What?
---
#21 Posted: 14:09:24 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
^ What?

Meaning you have to be subtle. You can't go right out and say that I need this and I have this within the thread itself. That would be a clear violation of current Darkspyro.net rules. However if you were to post something like "please check my signature or guestbook for new updates" there shouldn't be a problem with that at all.
---
#22 Posted: 14:10:10 11/08/2013
^ What?

I think he means you're breaking the rule that he's trying to get changed.

Maybe if you use a PM . . .

EDIT: Ninja'd
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:12:06 11/08/2013 by ShaneK
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#23 Posted: 14:15:45 11/08/2013
I'M BARACK OBAMA AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
But yah, I support you pal,
To the other peeps,
TheGooch= Awesome, Trustworthy Guy + Great Friend
---
Eggs
#24 Posted: 14:21:44 11/08/2013
Ok check my sig for info soon!
---
#25 Posted: 14:28:41 11/08/2013
Sleepy, you will be lucky to away with that, very funny though.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#26 Posted: 14:43:42 11/08/2013
Ive always wanted a place here where we could trade and buy/sell or help each other out. I also think that sometimes when things are ignored and not taken seriously--maybe other ways can be tried. If you don't agree --fine--say so or don't participate. But to lash out rudely--sad. There are kids here--bad example of how to disagree.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#27 Posted: 14:53:01 11/08/2013
Trading has been brought up many times and denied many times. Dark does not approve of it AT ALL and he never will. Sorry to rain on your parade.
#28 Posted: 16:39:44 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I understand the whole concern over bad traders and deals going sour issue. People would have to be smart with who they deal with and what transactions they agree to. If a deals sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You probably shouldn't conduct a trade with somebody who has only been a member for a few weeks. Keep a list of people you have dealt with before and use them as references for future transactions. If someone is a new member and you do want to do a trade with them make the new user send his/her item(s) out first. This doesn't have to be such a hard issue that some are making it out to be. It can be very self regulatory if you ask me.
---
#29 Posted: 16:53:36 11/08/2013
They also need to have pictures.
---
#30 Posted: 16:55:05 11/08/2013
It's not that, it's probably mailing systems and giving addresses. It's just not a good idea, and not what this site's about.
#31 Posted: 17:03:39 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
From what I can tell this is a site about Skylanders, fans of Skylanders and a site for the two to come together for discussion. It isn't the easiest thing for a collector to seek out everything that we are looking for. Why not help out each other? Throw us a bone. Give us a place to go away from eBay, Amazon and scalpers where we can help each other out. What better place to go than here? A majority of us on here that post regularly aren't here to scalp figures.....its the lurkers you have to worry about.
---
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9441
#32 Posted: 17:25:56 11/08/2013
I feel it's a moot point anyway. I get the impression that Dark is quite stubborn, so if he's so against this idea, it's highly unlikely you'll convince him to add it.

(It took a lot to convince him to get mods for one thing.)
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:56 11/08/2013 by Zithdaitoh
#33 Posted: 17:33:20 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
If people are stubborn and refuse to what it's members are asking then we just have to be enterprising in our approach while continuing to live under their rules. //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=86208
---
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#34 Posted: 18:47:13 11/08/2013
Not to mention we can do MORE then just putting up a disclaimer.. get a stickied thread for feedback for users! the first post would list the users who have done transfers & list a score. example: terranakari: 8 positive tranactions. & anyone who scams gets perma banned. ALSO, have it so you HAVE to do the ENTIRE process in your forum to be monitored by dark AND the users & mods. post pics of your stuff with your names in them. and make it so you have to have so many SERIOUS posts or gems before your allowed to tranact. that way newbie scammers wont happen. we would also list who's scammed before & who is banned, etc. i know how this whole system works from my digimon forum. OH & make it so its PAYPAL ONLY!!! MUCH harder to get scammed that way... smilie i'm voting for this to happen! it could even bring in more users to the site. EDIT: we wouldn't be allowed to do it thru PMs any longer due to it being more risky at that point.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:23 11/08/2013 by terranakari
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#35 Posted: 19:05:38 11/08/2013
One of the forum rules have mentioned that trading isn't allowed on the message boards along with advertisement.

Quote: Forum Rules
Don't advertise.
This includes the buying/selling/trading of Skylanders toys on the forums.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:05:58 11/08/2013 by Aura24
#36 Posted: 19:08:09 11/08/2013
Quote: Aura24
One of the forum rules have mentioned that trading isn't allowed on the message boards along with advertisement.

Don't advertise.

Exactly. Can't argue with that logic.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#37 Posted: 19:12:37 11/08/2013

Don't advertise.

I think everyone understands that the rules say it's not allowed. What they're asking for is that the rules be changed. smilie
#38 Posted: 19:13:33 11/08/2013
Quote: UncleBob

Don't advertise.

I think everyone understands that the rules say it's not allowed. What they're asking for is that the rules be changed. smilie

Which is... very unlikely.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#39 Posted: 19:30:38 11/08/2013
Look, I don't understand the reasoning. It could be any number of things. There's the "liability" issue that could stem from something bad happening. darkSpyro is not a corporation. In business, if something criminal happens and can be traced back to this website, it's dark who ultimately gets in trouble. There's also the fact that this would involve giving sensitive information (i.e. your postal address) to a complete stranger. While I doubt anyone here would use it for something bad, the fact of the matter is the possibility exists that someone could get a hold of the information and use it in a terrible way. I don't particularly have a stance on this policy, since I couldn't care less about Skylanders. But as long as its prohibited in the rules, you can't do it.

Which means Gooch, you can't be using your guestbook to negotiate deals to sell and trade Skylanders. I'm going to have ask that you stop doing that right away. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#40 Posted: 19:42:38 11/08/2013
*coughPOboxescough*
---
Eggs
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#41 Posted: 20:12:34 11/08/2013
Quote: TheGooch
From what I can tell this is a site about Skylanders, fans of Skylanders and a site for the two to come together for discussion. It isn't the easiest thing for a collector to seek out everything that we are looking for. Why not help out each other? Throw us a bone. Give us a place to go away from eBay, Amazon and scalpers where we can help each other out. What better place to go than here? A majority of us on here that post regularly aren't here to scalp figures.....its the lurkers you have to worry about.

Don't like the idea, I don't want this forum to turn into another version of eBay, or Amazon. It's a forum, don't want it to change because of Skylanders; it's also a site just for Spyro as well you know. There are fans just for the old Spyro games too.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#42 Posted: 20:14:10 11/08/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Don't like the idea, I don't want this forum to turn into another version of eBay, or Amazon. It's a forum, don't want it to change because of Skylanders; it's also a site just for Spyro as well you know. There are fans just for the old Spyro games too.

Exactly. Very well said. Lots of great explanations of why this is a bad idea.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#43 Posted: 20:15:18 11/08/2013
Quote: jet-vac6000
*coughPOboxescough*

Do you know how expensive it is to have a PO Box?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#44 Posted: 20:16:48 11/08/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Exactly. Very well said. Lots of great explanations of why this is a bad idea.

What's the point of just saying that we want to get away from eBay and Amazon, but want this forum to turn into one of them, because that's basically what's going to happen; if you feel like you're getting too much eBay, and Amazon, then it's obviously time for you to get away from it, and you're possibly becoming too addicted. I can fully understand why dark would be against this idea.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#45 Posted: 20:28:41 11/08/2013
The rules are the rules. While I am all for trying to have them changed--it appears that the powers that be--are not going to change, period. Trying to find loop holes--while creative--won't work either because at the end of the day, it can and will be shut down, regardless of stated rules. So my thoughts are..
1) thanks for your effort--I really mean that.
2) put further requests in writing to the person in charge.
3) if that passionate about it--and knowledgeable--start a site that we can use for this purpose. (I'd think there would be many people who would be willing to share their expertise and time to help)
4) let it go on this forumn. It isn't going to happen here. There is no use in creating problems for yourself that could result in your being banned here. I'm quite sure many people would miss your contributions

Thanks Shelly
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#46 Posted: 21:23:20 11/08/2013 | Topic Creator
What difference does it make if I got banned? I can just become a lurker. I can get what information I want from the site. If they want to ban people who contribute positively to the forums then so be it.
---
#47 Posted: 21:24:52 11/08/2013
I wouldn't call it positive contribution, just, well, contribution.
#48 Posted: 21:26:53 11/08/2013
Rules are rules, man. They aren't there just so you can ignore them.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#49 Posted: 21:39:42 11/08/2013
What difference does it make if I got banned? I can just become a lurker. I can get what information I want from the site. If they want to ban people who contribute positively to the forums then so be it.

Every forum user besides yourself has an issue with following this one particular rule. This is a forum, for discussion. This is not eBay or Amazon - if you want to sell Skylanders figures, there are already places that you can do just that.

What you plan to do, from what you've told me, could easily be achieved on eBay - a website that is appropriately suited to handling the transfer of sensitive data online. Every other user who sells figures online manages just fine.

What you're forgetting, is that the user base of eBay is 18+. That is adults or adults buying for their children. The average user based of DarkSpyro could start at children younger than 10; and children are the majority - especially when it comes to Skylanders fans.

Anyone who is serious about collecting Skylanders but can't find them will use eBay before they use DarkSpyro. You are much more likely to get sales on eBay, since the majority of users on here are children. All in all, you are better off using eBay.
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me