Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Stone rewards not closing goals? [CLOSED]
Ndfox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#1 Posted: 05:27:11 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I threw all my stones.. 105, got a bunch of decorations and none of it has impacted my goals... Why? And I did not get chop... Boo and I am stone broke, does the luck meter go to zero at the beginning of the month?
---
mxmas in activate, kids ndfox in activate
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#2 Posted: 11:30:13 06/08/2013
Not sure what you mean by your goals, but the luck meter goes to zero at the beginning of each month, or after you win the months alter ego.
---
Red Panda does not approve.
#3 Posted: 12:21:58 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Oh no! I wish I had not thrown them!
---
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#4 Posted: 12:58:24 06/08/2013
If you have not got Grill Master Chop Chop yet, then your wishing well meter can't be empty. If you have won him, then the luck meter will actually be wiped completely (no improved luck 'lines' within the meter itself) until the beginning of next month. You can still win stuff though, including shrines and so on. The graphics scroll through the top prizes that can be won at ANY time of the month.

My understanding is that the luck meter relates ONLY to the alter-ego itself. I've seen no evidence that the higher the meter goes, the more luck you have on any of the top prizes. I see no difference in luck once it's wiped either. I think it's static the whole month for everything but the alter-ego, and even then I'm not convinced the alter ego drop chance improves whenever it says "you are luckier". It may be nothing more than encouraging artwork for all I know.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#5 Posted: 13:11:02 06/08/2013
I'm like lady_valdyme, I'm not sure what your real question is about the goals. What goals are you talking about? If you're still going for Grill Master Chop Chop, and don't mind tossing the stones to earn him, then don't fret about it. You have until the end of the month to get him. You'll get plenty of more stones throughout the month. I still think the luck meter helps for, at least, the alter-ego. I've never maxed out my meter, and usually get the alter-ego when I get near the top. This month, though, I got him around 110, which would normally be good, but I was hoping to get some of the other alter-egos. We're still not sure if the meter affects top prizes, but I'm under the belief that it does, so I would have had a better chance of getting the other alter-egos, this month, had I earned GM Chop Chop later (which I still had 100 stones plus another 3 or 4 days to earn him).

So my questions for you are: What goals are you talking about? Is your luck meter working? Is it going up or at zero? I'm not really sure what you're asking, here.
#6 Posted: 15:17:36 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Maybe they are objectives? On the left side of the screen you have a scroll that tells you what to do, like plant trees or go on particular adventures. With all the decorations I got, I thought they would work toward these goals, but they do not. Usually when you complete a goal/objective that is in multiple goals it tallies for all goals, but stuff from the wishing well does not count.

Luck meter is maybe a bit over half, but I have no more stones, no shrines, totems seem to come when I'm in sanctuaries.. I am concerned I did not save the stones long enough to actually get the alter ego this month and now I know all the stones I threw will get wiped out at the beginning of next month. I should have waited until next month smilie.
---
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#7 Posted: 15:22:03 06/08/2013
I think it depends on the wording in the quest. If you have to buy it, they won't work. If you have to place them, you actually have to pull them out of your inventory and place them on an island. If you just have to have them, I think there was some debate over whether that worked from your inventory or not.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 16:12:51 06/08/2013
There's some iffiness when it comes to decorations for objectives. Lash was right about the wording having something to do with it. However, I've see the term "place" and pulled it out of my inventory and it still not work. "Have" works as long as you have it, although I'm not sure if it looks into your inventory for it. Either way, I wouldn't count on the decorations from the well working for objectives.

As for stones, how many Skylanders do you have? You say that you usually have them in sanctuaries when they appear, but unless you only have a few Skylanders, you shouldn't be using them all for that. Before I got any shrines, I was getting, at least, 100 a month. I started saving mid-month and by the time I hit a couple of weeks into the new month, I ended up with the alter-ego. I then saved up enough the rest of the month to get the next alter-ego near the beginning of the month and have ever since. If you just threw in 105 stones, and since it's the beginning of the month, you still have plenty of time to earn GM Chop Chop. There's no sense in stopping now. I forget the max number of stones, but I've never went much beyond 200 to get the alter-ego.
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#9 Posted: 03:26:09 07/08/2013
I had a quest which was worded as 'have'. After my alter ego spending spree, I cleaned out my inventory and sold all the trees, markers, all cheapo decorations they give you. Then I read the quest & thought "damn, I should've placed those markers & wells. So I ended up buying them & selling them, just to get rid of the quest. This sort of thing happens all the time.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me