Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Lost Islands Monday: Free Gnarly Tree Rex And Sidekicks Coming Soon!
Page 1 of 1
Lost Islands Monday: Free Gnarly Tree Rex And Sidekicks Coming Soon! [CLOSED]
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#1 Posted: 17:20:23 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
So here's the run down of this week's Lost Islands update!

• Free Gnarly Tree Rex
  • Grill Master Chop Chop's Hut
  • Sidekicks coming soon!
  • Companion Ol' Mac
  • Timed Quests for free Undead Shrine & Radiant Energy Field

You can read more here but here's some screenshots.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#2 Posted: 18:48:13 05/08/2013
There is a 3rd timed quest that rewards a Cocoa Stand.

Only 2.5 days...
30 trips to Cadaverous Crypt (2 hours...)
15 trips to Empire of Ice

This is the second week in a row they have released a short timed quest that is pretty challenging to complete. I need to start leaving my ballons free so I can start right away.

Then again...a Cocoa Stand...rofl....
---
Activate name: Charred
Doobrywhatsits Green Sparx Gems: 363
#3 Posted: 19:17:13 05/08/2013
I only place one of each building around my kingdom to reduce clutter. I bring the rest out of my inventory if required for a task. I keep them all in there to save on build time when they're needed. I just received 5 cocoa stands from them the well so I won't be bothering with that quest.
---
Doobrywhatsitsface
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:19:22 05/08/2013 by Doobrywhatsits
#4 Posted: 22:58:03 05/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Charred
There is a 3rd timed quest that rewards a Cocoa Stand.

Only 2.5 days...
30 trips to Cadaverous Crypt (2 hours...)
15 trips to Empire of Ice

This is the second week in a row they have released a short timed quest that is pretty challenging to complete. I need to start leaving my ballons free so I can start right away.

Then again...a Cocoa Stand...rofl....

I only mentioned the quests that were worth completing. smilie
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#5 Posted: 23:33:06 05/08/2013
Haha.

I got sucked in. I am level 35 so what else is there to do but collect cocoa stands smilie
---
Activate name: Charred
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#6 Posted: 00:16:24 06/08/2013
You guys really took the wind out of my sails. Here I was abandoning my sanctuaries and sending all my balloons off to Cadaverous Crypt and the Empire of Ice, and... what?! A cocoa stand? I'm a bit anal and like to complete all quests, but now I just feel stupid for having started the quest at all. You're right though. It's definitely not worth the effort.

Here's an idea. What the prize for this quest (or a similar one in the future) should have been was a 'mystery' prize. Put a question mark in the prize box and have it payout a top prize or a booby prize at random as per the wishing well, with maybe the gold and energy prizes excluded. I'd complete the quest without blinking just on the off chance of a free shrine.
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#7 Posted: 12:36:26 06/08/2013
That is how the game originally was, you didn't know what the reward was, but a lot of times it was disappointing. You'd spend a ton of gold to get decorations to win... 500 gold. It was a relief to me when they changed to see what you were getting, plus that was when they started giving away more content that you need to buy with gems.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 13:18:40 06/08/2013
I, too, was a little disappointed with the cocoa stand as a reward for such a challenging quest. Although I'll probably finish it in the morning (I'll have the Cadaverous Crypts done, today and send out the rest of the Empire of Ice missions tonight). I guess a cocoa stand may be cool for some, as you can't even purchase it, but it doesn't give out much, and most of us have won them in the wishing well. Still, I only have 1 and I like completing the quests. Now, if only I could have finished that sheep mob quest...although was the scarecrow worth that much? But, still, it was the point of it that hardly anyone got enough sheep, especially since the last day they spawned a bunch of trolls and sheep were no where to be found (or very limited).
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#9 Posted: 17:24:38 06/08/2013
At level 35 all I have left to do are random quests for Cocoa Stands even though I've already won a couple in the wishing well and at least they give a few coins which is better than experience points for me at this time. I'm saving my coins and gems and hoping Lost Islands is updated with Swap Force and not abandoned to develop a new skylander freemium app...
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#10 Posted: 18:24:31 06/08/2013
Quote: sklndrmommy
I'm saving my coins and gems and hoping Lost Islands is updated with Swap Force and not abandoned to develop a new skylander freemium app...

Bite your tongue! Even typing the words is bad luck. Besides, I should hit level 35 by the end of the day. So it would be perfect timing for them to lift the level cap instead. The number of players twiddling their thumbs on Level 35 is obviously climbing at a fast clip.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#11 Posted: 20:11:40 06/08/2013
If it weren't for the Skylander Spins every 5 million coins, I'm not sure I'd keep playing now that I'm at level 35. Off topic, but I gotta say that I was hoping for a Skylander spin AT level 35 (like I got ever 5 levels up until then) and was disappointed when I didn't.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#12 Posted: 20:12:43 06/08/2013
I'm sorry I don't want bad luck. I don't want them to drastically change the game where all we have accomplished is gone. I've just played freemium games before and then they stop. I hope with Skylanders being an on going product in real life I hope they keep the updates coming :-)
---
#13 Posted: 05:36:37 07/08/2013 | Topic Creator
All the SWAP Force characters will be available in Lost Islands when SWAP Force launches so they won't be abandoning Lost Islands anytime soon. But they do have other unknown mobile projects up their sleeves.
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#14 Posted: 17:57:19 07/08/2013
I noticed today that if you have a skylander that has a quest for something like trolls or sheep, it will tell you. When you click on the trolls to clear them, it brings up the character selection screen and on the skylander that has a quest it says has quest or something to that effect. Now if it would only prevent you from sending them on long adventures or putting them in sanctuaries or houses when they have those kinds of quests. Lol.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#15 Posted: 23:47:09 07/08/2013
I noticed that too on sheep and trolls yesterday.
---
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#16 Posted: 00:51:47 08/08/2013
Oh, awesome. I've been hoping for that one.
Aemi Green Sparx Gems: 448
#17 Posted: 11:13:29 08/08/2013
Yes the goal on the character screen is a very good idea.

Much better that the goal rewards are shown now. I agree with easterro.

So what is a sidekick and why do i want one?? Iwent over to the activision forums but i am none the wiser apart from someone stating their kid got one in the mail. So appears to be a physical item that is being turned into pixels for lost islands. Hope its not a usa only thing.
#18 Posted: 11:32:09 08/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aemi
Yes the goal on the character screen is a very good idea.

Much better that the goal rewards are shown now. I agree with easterro.

So what is a sidekick and why do i want one?? Iwent over to the activision forums but i am none the wiser apart from someone stating their kid got one in the mail. So appears to be a physical item that is being turned into pixels for lost islands. Hope its not a usa only thing.

The Sidekicks are a kind of companion/magic item and have been available in Canada & Australia through Gamestop promotions. However, I'm sure you'll be able to unlock the Sidekicks via Gems just like everything else in the game if you don't have access to a set of Sidekicks.
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#19 Posted: 19:26:12 08/08/2013
You could get them by buying frito lay products.
Aemi Green Sparx Gems: 448
#20 Posted: 01:37:42 09/08/2013
Gamestop = EB Games.

Ok had to google that. Now i understand. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me