Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
fan name [CLOSED]
cyber dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 606
#1 Posted: 12:39:51 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
.....if doctor who fans are whovians
......harry potter fans are potterheads
...................mlp fans are bronys
.........star wars fans are imperialists (or Jedi)
.........skylander fans are portal masters
what are spyro fans?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#2 Posted: 13:37:18 03/08/2013
Quote: cyber dragon
.....if doctor who fans are whovians
......harry potter fans are potterheads
...................mlp fans are bronys
.........star wars fans are imperialists (or Jedi)
.........skylander fans are portal masters
what are spyro fans?

They're Goonros.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#3 Posted: 14:54:34 03/08/2013
^Approved.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#4 Posted: 17:38:46 03/08/2013
No nickname will ever be able to express a fandom this broken.That's why Sonic fans are Sonic fans,and that's why Spyro fans should stay Spyro fans otherwise there'll be complaints.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 19:20:11 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
bifrost thank you for the best non conclusive answer ever
#6 Posted: 19:55:36 03/08/2013
Quote: Bifrost
No nickname will ever be able to express a fandom this broken.That's why Sonic fans are Sonic fans,and that's why Spyro fans should stay Spyro fans otherwise there'll be complaints.

But the reality of it is that fans do have nick names and can be categorized, like the Skylander fans for example, apparently they're a bunch of Skyros.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#7 Posted: 20:02:31 03/08/2013
I think that the term spyromaniac in its all lack of creativeness is quite fitting term to describe Spyro fans. It narrows the fanbase strictly to the ones who are in it for Spyro. Not to mention that it is supposed-to-be semi-funny play with words.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#8 Posted: 20:23:20 03/08/2013
The issue is that Spyro has never been big to warrent a name for it's fandom. Names for fandoms come around because they're quicker to say in conversation. Whoovians is quicker than saying "fans of Doctor Who". Bronies is quicker than saying "fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" etc.

"Portal Masters" isn't really what the Skylanders fans are called, because the portal master is the playable character - it'd be like calling Halo fans "Master Chiefs".

The point I'm making, is that Spyro/Skylanders (or at least, their fans) doesn't come up in regular conversation about the games. It's not like MLP or Twilight where the only reason they come up in regular conversation is because of their fans.
#9 Posted: 20:37:58 03/08/2013
Quote: bionicle2809
The issue is that Spyro has never been big to warrent a name for it's fandom. Names for fandoms come around because they're quicker to say in conversation. Whoovians is quicker than saying "fans of Doctor Who". Bronies is quicker than saying "fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" etc.

"Portal Masters" isn't really what the Skylanders fans are called, because the portal master is the playable character - it'd be like calling Halo fans "Master Chiefs".

The point I'm making, is that Spyro/Skylanders (or at least, their fans) doesn't come up in regular conversation about the games. It's not like MLP or Twilight where the only reason they come up in regular conversation is because of their fans.

But that aside, what name would you give the general Spyro fans?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#10 Posted: 21:02:29 03/08/2013

Thanks for the useful response :3
I just said that the fandom doesn't really need/should have a name.I never seen anyone have the need to refer to Spyro fans as a whole with less words than the actual thing,and if we did get to a conclusion in this thread, people in other forums would feel excluded in some way - People who like the games but not the main character wouldn't like being called Dragons or something,and Skylanders fans who also play Spyro like me would feel like something's missing if we called everyone collectively as Spyrokids/bros/whatever suffix you prefer. Again - we're not like Bronies or Whovians,the fandom's too broken apart.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#11 Posted: 21:11:29 03/08/2013
Quote: Bifrost

Thanks for the useful response :3
I just said that the fandom doesn't really need/should have a name.I never seen anyone have the need to refer to Spyro fans as a whole with less words than the actual thing,and if we did get to a conclusion in this thread, people in other forums would feel excluded in some way - People who like the games but not the main character wouldn't like being called Dragons or something,and Skylanders fans who also play Spyro like me would feel like something's missing if we called everyone collectively as Spyrokids/bros/whatever suffix you prefer. Again - we're not like Bronies or Whovians,the fandom's too broken apart.

I guess that's what makes the Spyro fanbase so unique right?
#12 Posted: 22:27:09 03/08/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: bionicle2809

But that aside, what name would you give the general Spyro fans?

Okay then. I used to refer to Skylanders fans as "Skyro's", I found it strange when started using it as an insult since the word has no defined meaning so any insult you took by it was your own doing.

Spyro fans in general? I dunno... Dragonflies? Maybe you could draw some logic because Dragonflies follow Dragons around, each Dragon has their own Dragonfly etc - so calling the fans Dragonflies because they follow Spyro as a series, like how Sparx follows Spyro as a character? I dunno - best I could come up with.
#13 Posted: 23:22:40 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
spyro fans cued be spyromaniac, Dragonflies, Goonros
skylander fans cued be skyros,portal masters
or lets not have names at all it will cores to meany arguments
i like spyromaniac, but that my opinion
sory if i came across as rude Bifrost you have a grate point

ps
SuperSpyroFan are portal masters playable character there not on my xbox
#14 Posted: 23:41:21 03/08/2013

ps

Could you rephrase that for me? I literally don't know what you mean.
#15 Posted: 23:49:47 03/08/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

ps

Could you rephrase that for me? I literally don't know what you mean.

I think he's confused; thinking that you mean we play as a Portal Master in the game the same way we play as a Skylander.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me