Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Instant close topic [CLOSED]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#1 Posted: 23:58:06 02/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Why do we have to wait one hour after the topic is made, and five minutes after a post has been made till we can close a topic? Whats the point? Can't we just close it when we want to?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 00:03:13 03/08/2013
Quote: DragonCamo
Why do we have to wait one hour after the topic is made, and five minutes after a post has been made till we can close a topic? Whats the point? Can't we just close it when we want to?

I think that might be because the topic doesn't erase from the list, and so if it could be easily closed then you might end up with so many closed topics just because someone decided to close them right away, and it may make the forum look untidy. Perhaps that's one of the reasons as to why? It was more of a guess really.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#3 Posted: 00:05:39 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I think that might be because the topic doesn't erase from the list, and so if it could be easily closed then you might end up with so many closed topics just because someone decided to close them right away, and it may make the forum look untidy. Perhaps that's one of the reasons as to why? It was more of a guess really.

But it would cut down on so many arguments as well. I mean, if the topic creator thinks that the topic will get off hand and that they should close it quickly, they can't because they either made it within the hour, or it was already out of hand and no one would stop posting. And yes, the mods could close it, but they don't unless it gets very ugly, and sometimes the mods for that section arn't even on.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 01:12:17 03/08/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

But it would cut down on so many arguments as well. I mean, if the topic creator thinks that the topic will get off hand and that they should close it quickly, they can't because they either made it within the hour, or it was already out of hand and no one would stop posting. And yes, the mods could close it, but they don't unless it gets very ugly, and sometimes the mods for that section arn't even on.

Well, often the OP doesn't bother to ask a mod to close a topic anyway, so we just wait until it crosses some sort of line. As to the bolded statement, I have suggested making some/all the mods global, but I've been ignored. So I'm assuming that won't happen. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#5 Posted: 01:12:53 03/08/2013
Not everyone shares the same looks on arguments.
However, I find that there are times that they are needed. If this ability gets granted, I can already imagine users going "Oh dear, they are not agreeing with me and they are telling me their opinions. Better close it."
Point is, some users are overdramatic. So we would get a bunch of close topics from users that feel there's a war going on when the users are talking normally. They'll mistake a debate with arguments and flame wars.

I'm fine with the limit.
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING A TOPIC!
#6 Posted: 03:02:56 03/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: wspyro
Not everyone shares the same looks on arguments.
However, I find that there are times that they are needed. If this ability gets granted, I can already imagine users going "Oh dear, they are not agreeing with me and they are telling me their opinions. Better close it."
Point is, some users are overdramatic. So we would get a bunch of close topics from users that feel there's a war going on when the users are talking normally. They'll mistake a debate with arguments and flame wars.

I'm fine with the limit.
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING A TOPIC!

I guess.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#7 Posted: 03:15:33 03/08/2013
You should probably consider yourself lucky that you have the ability to close topics to begin with. A Zetaboards community I'm a part of only allows mods to close topics. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
bmah Platinum Sparx Gems: 5561
#8 Posted: 03:18:26 03/08/2013
Most forums I know of don't allow you to close threads anyways.
---
I now have a deviantART account! Check me out at http://bmah.deviantart.com/
Post a comment if you can. Thanks everyone!
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#9 Posted: 04:57:35 03/08/2013
I tend to enable closing threads on forums I make when I don't give the option to delete threads.

I suppose the limit was added to avoid what wspyro mentioned, and if we suddenly made it have no limit, I'm sure users would take advantage of it for gimmicks and such. It would make all Don't-Let-Me-Close-Topic games obsolete, perhaps that's not a bad thing...still, I don't support. I will close any RP threads and Forum Games threads by request, although, and reopen them if the OP wants them to be...only with a valid enough reason, of course!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me