Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Gnarly Tree Rex [CLOSED]
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#101 Posted: 05:11:06 30/07/2013
slayerX11 - Thanks for the info as well. I am excited and frustrated at the same time because now I need to go and hunt down another one for my collection. Ugh smilie
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#102 Posted: 05:57:59 30/07/2013
I already have one, but I think I might have to go out looking this week, since it'd be nice to be able to be a little more selective about the paint job.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#103 Posted: 06:25:00 30/07/2013
[User Posted Image] me trying to get granly tree rex from the scalper hands
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:27:55 30/07/2013 by sky-dragon
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#104 Posted: 11:09:59 30/07/2013
Quote: sky-dragon
[User Posted Image] me trying to get granly tree rex from the scalper hands



LMFAO!!1
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#105 Posted: 12:56:37 30/07/2013
Minions are amazing!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5093
#106 Posted: 13:10:07 30/07/2013
4 already hit eBay..

For the downright idiotic price of $55 each! smilie
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#107 Posted: 13:20:52 30/07/2013
The minions want gnarlies...
CamoForever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#108 Posted: 13:31:33 30/07/2013
What dates will they be released to other stores?
---
If you have any skylanders for sale or trade, please contact me.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#109 Posted: 13:34:30 30/07/2013
Quote: CamoForever
What dates will they be released to other stores?


July 31 is the actual release date in every store i believe.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#110 Posted: 13:41:42 30/07/2013
[User Posted Image]


My face when I find one of these suckers
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#111 Posted: 13:52:22 30/07/2013
Who is the seller on those 4 on ebay?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#112 Posted: 16:51:11 30/07/2013
Oh no I have to spend some of my Infinity money now. But I'm glad I won't need to get him on Amazon anymore!
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4033
#113 Posted: 16:55:17 30/07/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Well--Slayer--I for one--appreciated the post. Also, you aren't buying three to RESELL. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I was on another thread earlier where someone was discussing hunting for legendary bouncers because they are scarce and therefore can be sold for a lot on eBay--/that is something I could see people getting upset about. But to buy 3 for oneself---or rather, the family--nothing wrong with that!


But, that is how variants become rare. Variants bring out a little monster in people, I guess it is the perception of value. Imagine if everyone that went in the store bought three. Not everyone can rush out the day it appears and run from store to store. Think about how many posts we have seen on people not being able to find Jade or Molten or Scarlet because they had to work, weren't lucky or their parents wouldn't take them that day. Every time I see one of those posts I think back to the pictures of of people who found Molten and proudly showed four or five in their cart.

Hey if you are into collecting packaged/multiples that's cool, but just keep it in mind when something comes out that will be limited availability. They probably will not be getting many (if any at all) more. Ask yourself if you need several because you collect multiples, picking one up for a friend, or because of hoarding/scalping.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind or anything, but remember this. You will not always be the first person to find something new and limited in the store. And karma has a funny way of working. Thinking that the next guy might do it if you don't is a silly justification. Thinking of your fellow fans has to start somewhere.

As for the guy that said he ripped a legendary out of a kid's hands, well I hope you are just trolling/joking.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#114 Posted: 17:08:11 30/07/2013
I am hoping to pick one up.
Might sell it if I do though
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Menace Gold Sparx Gems: 2166
#115 Posted: 17:13:34 30/07/2013
Quote: Windumup
I am hoping to pick one up.
Might sell it if I do though

Errm Eh?
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#116 Posted: 17:31:17 30/07/2013
Quote: defpally
Quote: shelly9871
Well--Slayer--I for one--appreciated the post. Also, you aren't buying three to RESELL. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I was on another thread earlier where someone was discussing hunting for legendary bouncers because they are scarce and therefore can be sold for a lot on eBay--/that is something I could see people getting upset about. But to buy 3 for oneself---or rather, the family--nothing wrong with that!


But, that is how variants become rare. Variants bring out a little monster in people, I guess it is the perception of value. Imagine if everyone that went in the store bought three. Not everyone can rush out the day it appears and run from store to store. Think about how many posts we have seen on people not being able to find Jade or Molten or Scarlet because they had to work, weren't lucky or their parents wouldn't take them that day. Every time I see one of those posts I think back to the pictures of of people who found Molten and proudly showed four or five in their cart.

Hey if you are into collecting packaged/multiples that's cool, but just keep it in mind when something comes out that will be limited availability. They probably will not be getting many (if any at all) more. Ask yourself if you need several because you collect multiples, picking one up for a friend, or because of hoarding/scalping.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind or anything, but remember this. You will not always be the first person to find something new and limited in the store. And karma has a funny way of working. Thinking that the next guy might do it if you don't is a silly justification. Thinking of your fellow fans has to start somewhere.

As for the guy that said he ripped a legendary out of a kid's hands, well I hope you are just trolling/joking.

Well I graped the 3 i needed. Only one of these is for myself. The rest went to my wife and son.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:32:53 30/07/2013 by SlayerX11
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#117 Posted: 17:43:14 30/07/2013
Quote: Menace
Quote: Windumup
I am hoping to pick one up.
Might sell it if I do though

Errm Eh?


So I can buy more figures when swap force comes out?
Not scalping just making the most of my cash
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
groovemachine Green Sparx Gems: 117
#118 Posted: 17:58:58 30/07/2013
Quote: SlayerX11

Well I graped the 3 i needed. Only one of these is for myself. The rest went to my wife and son.


It's a good thing you have three in the same household. God forbid someone else play a level on your own personal Gnarly Tree Rex. Then you'll get it all leveled up and have it glitch and have to reset it anyway. These will never be worth anything...there are tons of Gnarly Tree Rex figures that have been made. It's all about fun...let some kids have a bit of fun and stop obsessing over these things.

I found a whole wall of GITD Sonic Booms at Walmart a few weeks ago. Did I buy any? No, I've already got one. There were also 3 Voodoods; I bought one of those as I didn't have it yet and wanted the figure.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4033
#119 Posted: 18:22:16 30/07/2013
Quote: Windumup
So I can buy more figures when swap force comes out?
Not scalping just making the most of my cash


So you want to let others subsidize your gaming habits because you happened to be in the right place at the right time? You happened upon them so you bought more than you needed so someone not as lucky could buy you Swap Force figures. Not trying to be mean or anything, but that is what you are doing.

EDIT: When it gets down to it, practically everyone here hates scalpers. They recognize the harm they do. But people so easily justify it when they are the ones benefiting on a smaller scale. But when they can't find a figure that is an outrageous price on EBay it is all a different tune. You are making others pay more than what they cost in the store because people bought them all up, which gets amplified when everyone buys two or three or more to sell. The fact that you are buying other Skylanders with it doesn't make it right. The fact that others might willingly pay more does not make it right.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:45 30/07/2013 by defpally
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#120 Posted: 18:28:37 30/07/2013
Quote: defpally
Quote: Windumup
So I can buy more figures when swap force comes out?
Not scalping just making the most of my cash


So you want to let others subsidize your gaming habits because you happened to be in the right place at the right time? You happened upon them so you bought more than you needed so someone not as lucky could buy you Swap Force figures. Not trying to be mean or anything, but that is what you are doing.


Well I already have Tree Rex and Gnarly Tree Rex doesn't seem that cool.
Gnarly Tree Rex isn't out till tomorrow and may only buy 1.

Other then that your correct.
If only it was someone rarer
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4033
#121 Posted: 18:38:57 30/07/2013
Quote: Windumup
Well I already have Tree Rex and Gnarly Tree Rex doesn't seem that cool.
Gnarly Tree Rex isn't out till tomorrow and may only buy 1.

Other then that your correct.
If only it was someone rarer


It is actually kinda refreshing to see you be so blunt. Be hopeful that there is never a figure you do want but cannot find so have to resort to EBay.
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#122 Posted: 18:40:24 30/07/2013
So are we to assume Gnarly isn't going to ever be on the same level as Scarlet Ninjini, Granite Crusher or Legendary Bouncer? I think it is important to consider how many of them were actually sold with the Wii console originally and how many they are going to produce or repackage for the single. Granted, the original Tree-Rex is the most common Giant considering you get him with every game (including portal owners pack). How do we know yet that Gnarly isn't going to rare or very sought after?
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#123 Posted: 18:48:36 30/07/2013
Has anybody been able to find a link on any online sites besides cduniverse? I looked on gamestop, walmart and target and was not able to find it.
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#124 Posted: 19:01:36 30/07/2013
Just left TRU in florida--manager showed me boxes and opened them--had gnarly's inside! But said on orange sticker on outside that the sell date is August 18th!!!
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#125 Posted: 19:02:48 30/07/2013
Quote: defpally
Quote: Windumup
Well I already have Tree Rex and Gnarly Tree Rex doesn't seem that cool.
Gnarly Tree Rex isn't out till tomorrow and may only buy 1.

Other then that your correct.
If only it was someone rarer


It is actually kinda refreshing to see you be so blunt. Be hopeful that there is never a figure you do want but cannot find so have to resort to EBay.


You mean like smilie?
personally. I wont overprice it

I will keep it in box and wait a little while to see if the price goes up
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#126 Posted: 19:03:57 30/07/2013
Cindy Beans is selling for $29.99
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#127 Posted: 19:08:55 30/07/2013
We all get the scalper issue but unfortunately it isn't going away. Unless each store implements some restrictions on what a person can buy then it is here to stay. Stores aren't going to prevent people from buying stuff either. They would rather one person buy 20 of something than to deal with the uncertainty of it sitting on the shelf for a month taking space. It totally sucks how some things work but as long as there is money to be made, these types of activities will thrive. You can't blame the fan for being pissed for missing out on figures, and as slimey as scalpers are you can't really blame them for trying to make money either. You don't always make money scalping figures though, even flipping them quickly. Back when the WiiU launched last year a guy in line bought 10 of them to sell to people before x-mas. How much money do you think he made? Of course he probably just returned what he didn't sell but he didn't make the $100-$200 per unit that he told me he was hoping for.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#128 Posted: 19:20:42 30/07/2013
Quote: groovemachine
Quote: SlayerX11

Well I graped the 3 i needed. Only one of these is for myself. The rest went to my wife and son.


It's a good thing you have three in the same household. God forbid someone else play a level on your own personal Gnarly Tree Rex. Then you'll get it all leveled up and have it glitch and have to reset it anyway. These will never be worth anything...there are tons of Gnarly Tree Rex figures that have been made. It's all about fun...let some kids have a bit of fun and stop obsessing over these things.

I found a whole wall of GITD Sonic Booms at Walmart a few weeks ago. Did I buy any? No, I've already got one. There were also 3 Voodoods; I bought one of those as I didn't have it yet and wanted the figure.


So you argument is because we all live together we should buy one and share?

Actually that has nothing to do with it. My son is 7 he breaks things and likes to take his set to grandma's, his aunts or his cousins. He also plays them as toys themselves away from the portal and over time things like chill having no arms has happened. I like to have my set on display and I have a few on my desk at work. The wife also has her own cause she likes skylanders and wants her own set. It has nothing to do with making money or ripping off a kid.

Play wise, ya i like to do my own paths with him and not have my son buy everything he wants etc. We started with one shared set but it got annoying when I wanted to go one path and he being 7 just picked his own way. That and when my brother and sister started to play with us all and would want to play the same guys but couldn't.

I enjoy this game and enjoy the figures. I dont keep anymore then I personal want/need of a figure and agian money has nothing to do with it, it's just about enjoying a hobby.
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#129 Posted: 19:28:12 30/07/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Just left TRU in florida--manager showed me boxes and opened them--had gnarly's inside! But said on orange sticker on outside that the sell date is August 18th!!!


Interesting that it is August 18th. The same day that Disney Infinity comes out.
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#130 Posted: 19:35:44 30/07/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Just left TRU in florida--manager showed me boxes and opened them--had gnarly's inside! But said on orange sticker on outside that the sell date is August 18th!!!

So I found this like 20 days early? Sweet!


Quote: SkylanderPrime
Quote: shelly9871
Just left TRU in florida--manager showed me boxes and opened them--had gnarly's inside! But said on orange sticker on outside that the sell date is August 18th!!!


Interesting that it is August 18th. The same day that Disney Infinity comes out.

Lol, prob cause they know ppl will be in stores why not have retailer display a "new" skylander giant variant.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:43:34 30/07/2013 by SlayerX11
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#131 Posted: 19:36:26 30/07/2013
[User Posted Image]
Me after this news
---
Eggs
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#132 Posted: 19:43:32 30/07/2013
Quote: defpally
You are making others pay more than what they cost in the store [...]


We have very different definitions of the word "make". smilie
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#133 Posted: 19:46:25 30/07/2013
Quote: TheGooch
So are we to assume Gnarly isn't going to ever be on the same level as Scarlet Ninjini, Granite Crusher or Legendary Bouncer? I think it is important to consider how many of them were actually sold with the Wii console originally and how many they are going to produce or repackage for the single. Granted, the original Tree-Rex is the most common Giant considering you get him with every game (including portal owners pack). How do we know yet that Gnarly isn't going to rare or very sought after?


Well in rarity I would say it depends how many wii bundles sold + how many single packs will be made + how many ppl buy = rarity.

If they make as many as they did the other variants then I would guess this one would be a tad easier to find, but who knows. From what I can tell the blue bundles have been around since Dec.
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#134 Posted: 19:49:58 30/07/2013
Quote: SlayerX11
Quote: TheGooch
So are we to assume Gnarly isn't going to ever be on the same level as Scarlet Ninjini, Granite Crusher or Legendary Bouncer? I think it is important to consider how many of them were actually sold with the Wii console originally and how many they are going to produce or repackage for the single. Granted, the original Tree-Rex is the most common Giant considering you get him with every game (including portal owners pack). How do we know yet that Gnarly isn't going to rare or very sought after?


Well in rarity I would say it depends how many wii bundles sold + how many single packs will be made + how many ppl buy = rarity.

If they make as many as they did the other variants then I would guess this one would be a tad easier to find, but who knows. From what I can tell the blue bundles have been around since Dec.


Yeah, I am really wondering how many of the Wii bundles they actually sold. Being so late in the Wii's life cycle I wouldn't imagine they sold a heck of a lot of them. Perhaps that is why they decided to bring out a single pack for Gnarly? Perhaps it is mostly a repackage of unused Wii sales?
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#135 Posted: 19:54:12 30/07/2013
Quote: TheGooch
Quote: SlayerX11
Quote: TheGooch
So are we to assume Gnarly isn't going to ever be on the same level as Scarlet Ninjini, Granite Crusher or Legendary Bouncer? I think it is important to consider how many of them were actually sold with the Wii console originally and how many they are going to produce or repackage for the single. Granted, the original Tree-Rex is the most common Giant considering you get him with every game (including portal owners pack). How do we know yet that Gnarly isn't going to rare or very sought after?


Well in rarity I would say it depends how many wii bundles sold + how many single packs will be made + how many ppl buy = rarity.

If they make as many as they did the other variants then I would guess this one would be a tad easier to find, but who knows. From what I can tell the blue bundles have been around since Dec.


Yeah, I am really wondering how many of the Wii bundles they actually sold. Being so late in the Wii's life cycle I wouldn't imagine they sold a heck of a lot of them. Perhaps that is why they decided to bring out a single pack for Gnarly? Perhaps it is mostly a repackage of unused Wii sales?


It could be that, thou I think they sold quite a few cause of the lose ones on ebay. I think it's more they decided to push skylanders more into this summer to fight with disney's Infinity. It also could be cause it was originally limited to a system only deal that they decided to release it alone to make money on those that didnt buy a wii/need a wii.

Some may say then why not punch pop fizz etc? Cause he's in a $60 game that gets marked down on sale to as low as $34.99. The lowest I think the wii bundle hit was 99.99 at target twice this yr. Also ones a game one might play, the 2nd is a system one may buy, but itf one has it already few are going to buy 2.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:56:33 30/07/2013 by SlayerX11
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4033
#136 Posted: 19:58:16 30/07/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: defpally
You are making others pay more than what they cost in the store [...]


We have very different definitions of the word "make". smilie


Having problems again with the reading the whole post, Uncle? Or are you just itching to argue again over a clipped comment taken without the whole post for context?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4033
#137 Posted: 20:14:24 30/07/2013
Quote: TheGooch
We all get the scalper issue but unfortunately it isn't going away. Unless each store implements some restrictions on what a person can buy then it is here to stay. Stores aren't going to prevent people from buying stuff either. They would rather one person buy 20 of something than to deal with the uncertainty of it sitting on the shelf for a month taking space. It totally sucks how some things work but as long as there is money to be made, these types of activities will thrive. You can't blame the fan for being pissed for missing out on figures, and as slimey as scalpers are you can't really blame them for trying to make money either. You don't always make money scalping figures though, even flipping them quickly. Back when the WiiU launched last year a guy in line bought 10 of them to sell to people before x-mas. How much money do you think he made? Of course he probably just returned what he didn't sell but he didn't make the $100-$200 per unit that he told me he was hoping for.


Well then, since it cannot be stopped lets just all get into the game! No one to blame since it is everyone's fault!

Yeah, I got a laugh at those guys that stocked up on WiiUs and got soaked. I especially enjoyed the every other post on CAG where people proclaimed they had two pre-orders, one for themselves and one to scalp to pay for their own system. "I can't afford it otherwise". Boo hoo, try oh, I dunno, saving up for it or maybe just dealing with the fact that you cannot have every single thing you want? I want Infinity, but with Swap Force and other games I want coming up, I made the decision that my gaming budget has limits and cancelled my pre-order.

And yes I can blame scalpers for "trying to make money". It's all in how you do it. Ever since the Gordon Gekko "Greed is Good" philosophy took over people do a lot of justifying as long as there is money to be made. It is so easy to fall back on the idea that "hey everyone else is doing it, why can't I". Taking advantage of people used to be and should be something that people are ashamed of. There are plenty of productive, respectable ways of earning a living or some extra cash for video games if you cannot afford them.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#138 Posted: 20:17:11 30/07/2013
I read your entire post.

It doesn't really explain how a "scalper" MAKES someone buy a little plastic toy.

Wants vs. Needs, my friend. Life is *soooo* much easier when you have a clear cut line between the teo.
CamoForever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#139 Posted: 20:17:38 30/07/2013
So will it be out tomorrow or august 18th?
---
If you have any skylanders for sale or trade, please contact me.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4033
#140 Posted: 20:27:34 30/07/2013
Quote: UncleBob
I read your entire post.

It doesn't really explain how a "scalper" MAKES someone buy a little plastic toy.

Wants vs. Needs, my friend. Life is *soooo* much easier when you have a clear cut line between the teo.


Aren't you special? It's so cute watching you try to make hay over minor phrasing.

And, by the way, if you keep on reading my posts you will realize my whole point is over wants vs. needs and how people justify their own scalping because they feel they "need" a WiiU, more Skylander, etc.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5093
#141 Posted: 20:35:39 30/07/2013
*sigh*
I hope my nearest stores get him in early.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#142 Posted: 20:41:16 30/07/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Cindy Beans is selling for $29.99


Right now it is a pre-order. Has CindyBeans said when they will have them for sale? Just trying to figure out if August 18th is only for TRU or is that date for every retailer. Can CindyBeans sell it whenever they get it in or do they have to follow the rules like everybody else?
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
TheGooch Blue Sparx Gems: 709
#143 Posted: 20:41:33 30/07/2013
I never said that I agreed with scalpers, I never said that I would partake in their activities....I only said there is nothing that can be done about it. I wish I could just walk into a store and pick up the Jade Flashwing that I need or the Molten Hot Dog but people got to them first. It is now my choice whether I can be satisfied with the regular Hot Dog or pay someone else a higher price for something I don't necessarily need. Life is full of choices is it not? I could buy a Granite Crusher I need at $40 or $50 off of Ebay or save that money and buy 4 or 5 new Swap-Force figures that I don't already have a double of. Choices..choices.
---
http://www.ghostery.com/ Knowledge + Control = Privacy
My new favorite web browser add-on.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#144 Posted: 20:45:18 30/07/2013
Cindy beans is ready to sell now --not preorder
Per an email message
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#145 Posted: 20:51:42 30/07/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Cindy beans is ready to sell now --not preorder
Per an email message


Ok...thought it was a preorder because next to availability it says Pre-Sale
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#146 Posted: 23:26:55 30/07/2013
Quote: defpally
And, by the way, if you keep on reading my posts you will realize my whole point is over wants vs. needs and how people justify their own scalping because they feel they "need" a WiiU, more Skylander, etc.


...and some people justify their generic hatred of people they know virtually nothing about becayse they feel they "need" (a.k.a. "want") a little plastic toy. Then, they justify negative comments and attacks at people they know next to nothing about who got the little plastic toy they wanted before they did...

#Firstworldproblems all up in here.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#147 Posted: 23:29:21 30/07/2013
Quote: sky-dragon
[User Posted Image] me trying to get granly tree rex from the scalper hands



Quote: ZapNorris
[User Posted Image]


My face when I find one of these suckers



Quote: jet-vac6000
[User Posted Image]
Me after this news


I can't stop watching these minions!
SkylanderDrew Blue Sparx Gems: 663
#148 Posted: 00:38:24 31/07/2013
Quote: shelly9871
I was on another thread earlier where someone was discussing hunting for legendary bouncers because they are scarce and therefore can be sold for a lot on eBay--/that is something I could see people getting upset about.



YUP, THAT WOULD BE ME and proud of it!!!! my Bouncer situation is a rare one for me. You can't buy a Legendary Bouncer in TRU stores from i seen and i found a mother load(20) at a TRU Outlet in the WOODBURY COMMONS here in ny. if i know their almost 50 bucks on ebay or amazon since i was going to purchase WHY not buy what i could and share the wealth with the paying community and pay some bills in the process.
---
"im just buying extras to TRADE or GIVE my friends"
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5093
#149 Posted: 00:52:56 31/07/2013
If you're willing to grab all of those, I have to call you insane.
Even if I found 20 rare figures, I would only buy a few.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#150 Posted: 01:50:35 31/07/2013
Drew--I'm not angry--it just to me--as a mom of a kiddo who loves Skylanders--it's a bummer. I've had to start paying such close attention to the release dates etc because of people who go in and buy them all to sell on ebay. I'm a realist, I know people take whatever opportunity then can to make money--regardless of what the effect is on other people. It's just frustrating. I can see people selling one or two but it's just excessive. The result is that parents end up paying more than retail on ebay because they can't find them in the store. It's your choice--clearly. I have felt that the majority of the people here are fans--parents of fans--family's having fun with game--not people that are trying to pay bills with the toys.
So again--your choice--I've said my piece--I know what I feel/say won't make one shred of difference in your actions.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
First | Previous | Page 3 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me