Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
New Update [CLOSED]
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#1 Posted: 20:17:23 23/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Gigantus has been added as an a companion,Scarlet Ninjini is now here,we have Cupid Flameslingers house and all Skylanders are 50% off.Get your alter egos now as they are back.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#2 Posted: 20:19:50 23/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Tell everyone about lost islands and then we will all getGnarly for free!
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#3 Posted: 21:13:45 23/07/2013
Bought Gigantus. Disappointed as new adventures are very expensive on energy and not a big gold difference with the regular adventures.
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#4 Posted: 22:35:36 23/07/2013
Don't forget that Giants will get an additional 50% of whatever the gold amount on the balloons say. They get 25% just for being Giants and now another 25% for having Gigantus. Getting 21000 for the new long mission seems decent. However putting a Giant in the sanctuary now nets you a guaranteed 33000 and if you have Tree Rex's fan you will get 38000+ for him. If you have shrines then on the elements of the day, those will go way up.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
BachChava Green Sparx Gems: 171
#5 Posted: 22:51:10 23/07/2013
While playing on an iPad 2, my tap-to-release time is MUCH faster now. Meaning when I click on anything to release the reward (ex: house to produce coins or exp), it happens so much faster. This makes Quigley a lot more efficient. Thanks update! Oh, and I've noticed that when moving objects, you now have to tap on them once to select them, then move them. I used to tap and swipe, sometimes moving the wrong object. This should help with that issue.
Dionysius Green Sparx Gems: 471
#6 Posted: 23:49:23 23/07/2013
Quote: wrecknroll
Gigantus has been added as an a companion,Scarlet Ninjini is now here,we have Cupid Flameslingers house and all Skylanders are 50% off.Get your alter egos now as they are back.

Giant skylanders are 50% off NOT all skylanders
---
I'd rather be eaten by a dragon - Famous last words
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#7 Posted: 23:50:42 23/07/2013
Quote: Dionysius
Quote: wrecknroll

Giant skylanders are 50% off NOT all skylanders

Giant Skylanders except Scarlet Ninjini.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#8 Posted: 00:08:10 24/07/2013
Scarlet Ninjini is only 150 gems here.

I only need 4 skylanders. I have 166 gems after weeks of trying. I am desperate for a half price Giant or alter Ego House.

Having only gold chests will help boost the numbers though.
---
banksia123
#9 Posted: 00:13:15 24/07/2013
Who ever posted that all chests will be gold was wrong. I just got a silver one.
---
banksia123
geegina Green Sparx Gems: 398
#10 Posted: 00:32:34 24/07/2013
I have the update but NONE of my skylanders are showing as 50% off, and I don't have all alter egos available ( hop.pop fizz and lucky boomer are not available)
I too just got a silver chest.
I do like the faster tap-to-collect time though.
TheStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 315
#11 Posted: 00:48:20 24/07/2013
I haven't gotten any sheep or troll mobs since the upgrade. Is anyone seeing the same problem?
#12 Posted: 01:06:19 24/07/2013
Same here, nothing new has spawned for me. I just bought Captain White Claw to help with the 'open 12 chests' goal, but I haven't had a chest from at least the last four mobs (that I saved from yesterday). The Captain hasn't been of much help so far...

Also, every time I try to visit my friend, it goes to 'connecting' then shuts down the app. I can't visit.

Does anyone else have NONE of their Skylanders at 50% off? I'm in Adelaide, Australia.
---
Edit: after looking at the Facebook page, I think the gold chests and half price giants was only for Super Tuesday, which of course did not make it to Australia, but the US got it. Super Tuesday = Super Bloopersday, or Super Bluesday...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:17:41 24/07/2013 by geegina
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#13 Posted: 03:25:40 24/07/2013
Quote: geegina
Does anyone else have NONE of their Skylanders at 50% off? I'm in Adelaide, Australia.
---
Edit: after looking at the Facebook page, I think the gold chests and half price giants was only for Super Tuesday, which of course did not make it to Australia, but the US got it. Super Tuesday = Super Bloopersday, or Super Bluesday...

Well, this really is a new low for any player that doesn't live in the US. Not only were we missing out on half a day's Super Tuesday bonuses, now we're not getting them at all because the developers are too damn lazy too code in the bonuses as 'timed' or to start at the next available midnight no matter where you live. When it's such a simple fix, I just can't understand why the developers would persist in annoying all non-US players like this.

Geegina, I'm in Albury and some time after the first update I received a second, additional update offering 50 per cent off ALL available skylanders, a daily offer (although a pretty lame one), and an advertisement for Beatrees (who is clearly overpriced).
#14 Posted: 03:30:21 24/07/2013
I am in Melbourne and am still showing 50% off.
---
banksia123
#15 Posted: 04:48:55 24/07/2013
Well, that's a tad annoying. I've closed and re-opened the app a couple of times, but still no 50% off skylanders. How can it be so different (I ask, not really expecting anyone to have a reasonable explanation...). I'm starting to feel like a Beta tester. We no longer get Monday Updates (unless that's only me) but the US does, and we have had many problems with Super Tuesday, but the US gets theirs. Perhaps Activision don't like the Aussies telling the US what's coming up a day early...

I have, however, managed to visit, and a sheep mob has recently spawned. Yay.
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#16 Posted: 06:06:59 24/07/2013
There's a new update on the app store that comes with a large content download. Not sure what's in it yet but hopefully it fixes the issues we've been seeing with Skylanders stuck in use, broken balloons, etc.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Fireworks Zook is still stuck In Use and I don't see anything else new with this update.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:08:39 24/07/2013 by portalflip
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#17 Posted: 09:15:02 24/07/2013
It's disappointing. I'm in the UK and checked the game several times yesterday, Scarlini and Gigantus only showed up right at the end of the day. I didn't see any half-price or alter-egos. I've been waiting to get Lucky Boomer for many months now, he's the only old one I don't have. Oh well, I guess I still have one to save up for :/
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#18 Posted: 10:14:27 24/07/2013
Well that sucks. I had saved up about eight troll camps and eight sheep mobs for just this sort of thing. So, I killed off all but one of each (for spawning purposes if it works like that), and got nine gold chests! I was very excited, but only had two giants available. I hit two, and then went to bed, thinking I was set for the chest goal. Got up this morning and opened the two gold chests, and then realized the other seven chests were gone! Are they supposed to do that? I am EXTREMELY annoyed about that. I've never had one disappear before.
Mabu Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#19 Posted: 10:56:35 24/07/2013
Ack! Same here! I was in no rush to open them because I've never seen them disappear. I would have kept my other giants out of their houses if I had known. I lost 5 chests.
---
easterro in Lost Islands
#20 Posted: 11:39:43 24/07/2013
Quote: bilbobagins3
Don't forget that Giants will get an additional 50% of whatever the gold amount on the balloons say. They get 25% just for being Giants and now another 25% for having Gigantus. Getting 21000 for the new long mission seems decent. However putting a Giant in the sanctuary now nets you a guaranteed 33000 and if you have Tree Rex's fan you will get 38000+ for him. If you have shrines then on the elements of the day, those will go way up.

I did some numbers and I am more disappointed with the new adventures.
For exemple, 3 hour giant adventure gave me 10125 gold (with the "red" balloon) and it costed me 1200 energy. That makes 8.4 gold per energy ratio.
The "regular" hour adventure gave me 7215 gold, but I only spent 860 energy. That makes a ratio of 8.3, slightly below the giant adventure.

Same with the 9 hour giant adventure, 26250 gold/4500 energy gave me a 5.8 gold/energy ratio, very low in my opinion and worse than the sanctuary.

So no more new adventures for me, I will go for the classical ones.
---
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#21 Posted: 12:29:49 24/07/2013
I got the Super Tuesday stuff at 4pm but only 2 gold chests that I was fortunately able to open up overnight. I already had all the giants so I done know about the 50% off thing except scarlet Ninjini was 300 gems but I used my code from the toy. Cupid Flamelinger was available for 1500 gems or a lucky spin but I couldn't spend that in gems and I'm saving up for a spin but I'm sure I'll get the others first. Super Tuesday was not great for me, but better than last week because I had just spent all my gold on houses and didn't get a single spin last week.
I've noticed the difference in moving things mentioned. Oh and I haven't bought Giganticus and from the reviews I'm not planning to unless there is a major sale.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#22 Posted: 13:46:14 24/07/2013
Quote: Woz
Quote: geegina
---

Well, this really is a new low for any player that doesn't live in the US. Not only were we missing out on half a day's Super Tuesday bonuses, now we're not getting them at all because the developers are too damn lazy too code in the bonuses as 'timed' or to start at the next available midnight no matter where you live. When it's such a simple fix, I just can't understand why the developers would persist in annoying all non-US players like this.

Geegina, I'm in Albury and some time after the first update I received a second, additional update offering 50 per cent off ALL available skylanders, a daily offer (although a pretty lame one), and an advertisement for Beatrees (who is clearly overpriced).

I don't think anyone who missed the Super Tuesday, this week, really missed much. The only two things they offered for Super Tuesday (named "Giant Tuesday", this week) was 1/2 price Giants and all chests were gold. Since most seemed to get the 50% off any Skylander deal, the 50% giants seemed moot. As for the chests, that all depends on how many giants you have and how many chests actually spawned. I actually don't care for the gold chests as they take so long to open.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#23 Posted: 13:49:31 24/07/2013
Quote: beatrix71
It's disappointing. I'm in the UK and checked the game several times yesterday, Scarlini and Gigantus only showed up right at the end of the day. I didn't see any half-price or alter-egos. I've been waiting to get Lucky Boomer for many months now, he's the only old one I don't have. Oh well, I guess I still have one to save up for :/

You couldn't have gotten Lucky Boomer, anyway. Only Cupid Flameslinger was opened because they now have his hut. It looks like since they made a hut for Surfer Slam Bam and Fireworks Zook that they are now going back and making huts for the other alter-egos starting with Cupid Flameslinger. So I wouldn't doubt that soon they will have one for Lucky Boomer and open him up for sale, if you're willing to fork out 1500 gems.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#24 Posted: 13:54:59 24/07/2013
Can we get an image of Scarlet?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#25 Posted: 15:04:00 24/07/2013
I had 7 Gold Chests disappear overnight. Between that and my Fireworks Zook being stuck In Use for over a week and his timed quest expiring at the end of the day, even I'm fed up,
beatrix71 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#26 Posted: 16:28:30 24/07/2013
Quote: obidawsn

You couldn't have gotten Lucky Boomer, anyway. Only Cupid Flameslinger was opened because they now have his hut. It looks like since they made a hut for Surfer Slam Bam and Fireworks Zook that they are now going back and making huts for the other alter-egos starting with Cupid Flameslinger. So I wouldn't doubt that soon they will have one for Lucky Boomer and open him up for sale, if you're willing to fork out 1500 gems.

Oh OK, thanks, I didn't realise. The OP said something like 'alter egos are back' so I thought that meant all of them.

As you say, hopefully there will be a hut for Lucky Boomer in the future. Wasn't Cupid Flameslinger also available by lucky spin? If so, then that is a cheaper option than 1500 gems smilie
skylanderGIRLz Green Sparx Gems: 226
#27 Posted: 16:34:13 24/07/2013
Quote: obidawsn

Oh OK, thanks, I didn't realise. The OP said something like 'alter egos are back' so I thought that meant all of them.

As you say, hopefully there will be a hut for Lucky Boomer in the future. Wasn't Cupid Flameslinger also available by lucky spin? If so, then that is a cheaper option than 1500 gems smilie

Alter Egos are actually never available through the spin. Just the Well when they first come out.
Raynestorm Green Sparx Gems: 449
#28 Posted: 16:49:55 24/07/2013
I, too, lost 7 gold chests last night... I was extremely mad about that. I was displeased that my 50% giants deal never materialized for Super Tuesday, and I'm in the US, but once I realized I lost 7 gold chests, I am about done with this game...

Is there someone I can contact to complain and request a fix?
Moorea12 Green Sparx Gems: 464
#29 Posted: 17:09:50 24/07/2013
My skylanders are all 50% off and I'm in the US. I'm not sure what makes it happen for some and not others.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#30 Posted: 22:45:29 24/07/2013
I lost two or three gold chests in the middle of the night, too. Other than that, I have had no other issues with this update. Thankfully...
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#31 Posted: 09:31:07 25/07/2013
This is funny: I have the 50% discount of all Skylanders in my Ipod...but I cannot see the offer in my IPad.
---
Charred Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#32 Posted: 01:04:33 26/07/2013
I cant tell you how utterly disappointing Tuesday was. All the chests disappeared. Further, getting chests is so random I dont think its possible to get 12 in a week for the quests.

And honestly not sure I get 40 sheep a week.

They need to make these quests possible and they seriously need to fix the bugs.
---
Activate name: Charred
#33 Posted: 01:19:50 26/07/2013
A bit of an update here.

I don't believe I got Super Tuesday, that is there was no ad telling me about it, however when it was on I had 6 gold chests at once. That's from someone who is lucky to get one a week.

I think because I didn't have the ad there was no time limit on activating the chests. I subsequently got two more gold chests on the way to 12. I am currently on 32 sheep mobs and never have this many either.

On the other hand my son has had no chests or sheep mobs since the goals started.

I think there must be some bias to one person where a family all share things like IP address, iTunes account and web codes.
---
banksia123
#34 Posted: 02:03:39 26/07/2013
Quote: Excelsior
A bit of an update here.

I don't believe I got Super Tuesday, that is there was no ad telling me about it, however when it was on I had 6 gold chests at once. That's from someone who is lucky to get one a week.

I think because I didn't have the ad there was no time limit on activating the chests. I subsequently got two more gold chests on the way to 12.

I missed Super Tuesday (got no gold chests that day) and yet two and a half days into the seven-day timed quest, I've managed one gold chest and nine silver ones. And 20/40 on the sheep mobs.

My belief on the trolls and sheep is that the more you clear them, the more frequently they appear. I'll rephrase that. If the game sees there are NO mobs of any kind on screen, I believe it is more likely to generate a new one. So 8-10 sheep mobs a day is pretty normal for me since I check the game probably every three hours or so (yes I'm an addict). But if I didn't play for three days, I don't think there'd suddenly be 24-30 mobs waiting for me.
TheStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 315
#35 Posted: 02:27:19 26/07/2013
Just downloaded the update from the App Store, I have been waiting over 10 minutes to load the game and it never loaded. Help!
#36 Posted: 02:30:16 26/07/2013
I just completed the chest quest. But, I only got silver chests, no gold ones at all. And that was with having Captain White Claw. At least I got the chests. I have not had a gold chest for over a month, easy.
#37 Posted: 12:43:58 26/07/2013
A bit of an update here.

I think because I didn't have the ad there was no time limit on activating the chests. I subsequently got two more gold chests on the way to 12.

I missed Super Tuesday (got no gold chests that day) and yet two and a half days into the seven-day timed quest, I've managed one gold chest and nine silver ones. And 20/40 on the sheep mobs.

My belief on the trolls and sheep is that the more you clear them, the more frequently they appear. I'll rephrase that. If the game sees there are NO mobs of any kind on screen, I believe it is more likely to generate a new one. So 8-10 sheep mobs a day is pretty normal for me since I check the game probably every three hours or so (yes I'm an addict). But if I didn't play for three days, I don't think there'd suddenly be 24-30 mobs waiting for me.

It's weird. It seems to go by individuals. The more I leave, the more I seem to get. I left them alone for three days (still checking the game but not touching trolls or sheep) and had at least three mobs or camps on every island by the end of the three days. When I got the Tuesday offer, I cleared them all to get chests. I got nine gold chests. Unfortunately, the chests disappeared overnight. Since then, I have only gotten about 10 total (I've been clearing them as I get them). So, 24 in three days not clearing them, 10 in three days with clearing them. You seem to get the opposite effect.
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#38 Posted: 13:35:06 26/07/2013
Get my Fireworks Zook, and Surfe Slam Bam back, and then maybe I'll re-download the game....
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
#39 Posted: 13:53:20 26/07/2013
Quote: bjornolf
A bit of an update here.

It's weird. It seems to go by individuals. The more I leave, the more I seem to get. I left them alone for three days (still checking the game but not touching trolls or sheep) and had at least three mobs or camps on every island by the end of the three days. When I got the Tuesday offer, I cleared them all to get chests. I got nine gold chests. Unfortunately, the chests disappeared overnight. Since then, I have only gotten about 10 total (I've been clearing them as I get them). So, 24 in three days not clearing them, 10 in three days with clearing them. You seem to get the opposite effect.

No hard feelings. You've obviously got no idea what you're talking about. It's not me - it's you. <smirk>

Now that that's out of the way, I think I'll stop clearing my chests immediately as I am used to. You could be onto something, and I'll never know if I don't try it your way. Truth is the only thing that makes any sense is that the generation is completely random. But I'll give your way a shot for a few days and see how that goes.
#40 Posted: 16:59:26 26/07/2013
Sorry, not the chests. I was referring to the sheep and trolls. I don't generally leave chests laying around. I only did that because I didn't have enough giants available at the time.
#41 Posted: 01:53:47 28/07/2013
Quote: bjornolf
Well that sucks. I had saved up about eight troll camps and eight sheep mobs for just this sort of thing. So, I killed off all but one of each (for spawning purposes if it works like that), and got nine gold chests! I was very excited, but only had two giants available. I hit two, and then went to bed, thinking I was set for the chest goal. Got up this morning and opened the two gold chests, and then realized the other seven chests were gone! Are they supposed to do that? I am EXTREMELY annoyed about that. I've never had one disappear before.

The really bad thing is that since that day, I've killed about 15 mobs and/or camps and I haven't gotten a single chest, so I'm down to three days and have 3/12 chests still. If my gold chests hadn't vanished, I'd have 10/12.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me