Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > How to keep my cat IN my bedroom at night?
Page 1 of 1
How to keep my cat IN my bedroom at night? [CLOSED]
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#1 Posted: 08:47:26 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
For years my cat has been an outdoor cat. But now since he almost got cancer the vet ordered us to keep him indoors. Due to my mom's cat-disliking BF my cat is staying with me in my room all the time. This started like a few days ago, he's sitting at my bedroom door trying to open it (he remembered he could before because it was broken.) it only happens when it's like 3,4 or 5 in the morning. I've tried yelling, but I know that can't work. I now resort to baracading him in my bathroom, that kinda works to keep him quiet since he's got food in there.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
I have considered playing with him to tire him out, but I don't have any cat toys.
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#2 Posted: 08:51:05 22/07/2013
you can try taping tinfoil on the bottom of the door
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#3 Posted: 08:51:18 22/07/2013
Sadly, the most you'd be able to do is try to ignore the cat while its meowing or trying to break out of your room. We had an outdoor/indoor cat that we had to keep inside one of those small dog cages at night when we brought her in because she would urinate on everything. Having a closed space where the cat can find comfort might be helpful. You might want to also put some old blankets or towels down that he can curl up in.

Edit: You can also make toys for your cat out of every day house hold items. See if your mom will let you have a small ball of tin foil (previous post jogged the thought!) and just toss it in there for your kitty to play with, providing he isn't a mighty hunter that will destroy it in a matter of seconds, thus creating a large mess in your bathroom. My cats will play with just about anything, including old beanie babies or stuffed animals.
---
Red Panda does not approve.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:58:26 22/07/2013 by lady_valdyme
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#4 Posted: 09:22:16 22/07/2013
Look, i have a cat too, and he always sleeps with me in my room(he is too an outdoorcat). Thinks me as his father (has been my cat since he was born, my little sister's cat gave birth to three kittens, one was dead at birth.)
You could play with your cat with a piece of wire, or something similiar and if your cat is older to not play, give him treats. Like a piece of meat.
---
Ligi
#5 Posted: 10:59:10 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: lady_valdyme
Sadly, the most you'd be able to do is try to ignore the cat while its meowing or trying to break out of your room. We had an outdoor/indoor cat that we had to keep inside one of those small dog cages at night when we brought her in because she would urinate on everything. Having a closed space where the cat can find comfort might be helpful. You might want to also put some old blankets or towels down that he can curl up in.

Edit: You can also make toys for your cat out of every day house hold items. See if your mom will let you have a small ball of tin foil (previous post jogged the thought!) and just toss it in there for your kitty to play with, providing he isn't a mighty hunter that will destroy it in a matter of seconds, thus creating a large mess in your bathroom. My cats will play with just about anything, including old beanie babies or stuffed animals.

Comfortable? He sleeps in my bed for most of the day.
He used to sleep in it at night too.

Oh, he's a murderer of anything that's cute and furry, he kills bunnies.
I'll make a toy out of tinfoil, and hope he doesn't eat it. When we reintroduced him to the litter box he ate the litter.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#6 Posted: 16:37:41 22/07/2013
try kicking him really hard until he stops trying to escape
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#7 Posted: 16:39:14 22/07/2013
Quote: Big Green

if a red juice comes out if him it means hes happy with you and hell stay
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#8 Posted: 16:43:40 22/07/2013
Quote: Bravo101
Quote: Big Green

if a red juice comes out if him it means hes happy with you and hell stay

And if he remains motionless it means he'll sleep in your room with no problem.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#9 Posted: 17:11:10 22/07/2013
let it leave, simple solution
that cat's life sucks even more now
---
BREATHE AIR.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#10 Posted: 21:05:47 22/07/2013
My cat does that

Idk shoot it

WAIT WHAT NO I LOVE CATS!!

Give it a tranquilliser
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#11 Posted: 03:39:37 23/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Fourth night in a row... One night I might let him get his wish and follow him just to pinpoint what exactly is wrong, perhaps he's insecure here at night because he used to get into fights at night with other cats over his territory. If that's the case, I have to make him feel secure and make him feel that he's the one owning his territory.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#12 Posted: 06:16:42 23/07/2013
yell "jesus" at him
#13 Posted: 10:54:44 23/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I found out why he wants out so bad. I let him out, followed him and it turns out he wants to go outside so he can guard his territory from the other cats. He feels insecure all of a sudden. He feels as if he doesn't own the place. At least he's not marking, that would be a real problem.

He bit me today, but that was only because he was in his 'hunt and kill' mode and I had to put my arm right in front of his jaws.
Deidara Blue Sparx Gems: 647
#14 Posted: 17:24:01 23/07/2013
I have never had this problem as i am good with animals. But i can give you some tips. Some cats don't like it too dark or too cold. And some cats Don't like it too hot or too bright. experiment with your cats preferences and find out what it likes and let it have its little comfort zone.
---
Let the darkness lead the fight!
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#15 Posted: 17:27:34 23/07/2013
Quote: Deidara
I have never had this problem as i am good with animals. But i can give you some tips. Some cats don't like it too dark or too cold. And some cats Don't like it too hot or too bright. experiment with your cats preferences and find out what it likes and let it have its little comfort zone.

our kitty likes to bite and knock stuff over ._.'
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#16 Posted: 18:40:45 23/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Deidara

He lived outside in the hot Florida heat. He's got white fur, so it's not as bad since the sun reflects off the color white. My room is the hottest room in the house.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me