darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > chapter 14 glitch!!!!! help plz!!!!
Page 1 of 1
chapter 14 glitch!!!!! help plz!!!! [CLOSED]
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1 Posted: 07:22:53 21/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Every time i try to finish chapter 14 of skylanders giants at the end of the level the game makes an annoying humming sound and freezing up my disc is not broken nor scratched and my wii is not broken. can i plz have some help????!!!!! smilie
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2 Posted: 14:53:44 21/07/2013
Could be dust but idk
Maybe wipe it off?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
lilbit71 Green Sparx Gems: 272
#3 Posted: 16:10:29 21/07/2013
if you are playing on xbox save the game to your hard drive and try and play the game.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#4 Posted: 16:43:41 21/07/2013
Mayve you need a new gaming system or a new skylander giant game disc smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 08:27:27 22/07/2013
Have you ever finished the level before, and the problem has developed recently? Or is this the first you've tried and you can't get through?

Either way, it sounds like dust or scratches, even if you can't see them. Polish it carefully. Even though intuition says to polish discs in circles, they always seem to recommend wiping from the center to the edge, going in "rows" around the disc. That should get rid of dust, and with some pressure will help with more minor scratches (which, if you can't spot them, could be what you have).

I keep seeing memes that say that rubbing a banana on a scratched disc can help. Who knows. As long as you polish the banana off of the disc, so it doesn't get in the console, I don't see the harm in trying.

Also there are disc fixers/resurfacers out there, you can try one. Any place which buys back old games to sell second hand is almost guaranteed to have one, pretty sure EBGames usually do (and that suggests so does GameStop), you can try showing up and asking. I once bought some games from a second-hand dealer kiosk at a Flea Market and they had one right there, they used it on my purchases just as a matter of course.

FYI, game discs/CDs/DVDs (and probably Blurays too) physically consist of a thin metal disc with the data etched on it, encased in a "sandwich" of plastic. Maybe pizza pocket is more fitting, as the plastic completely surrounds the metal disc. LOL! If you get a scratch, it's almost guaranteed to just be in the plastic, the data is still intact, just that the scratch blocks the clear path to the data that the laser needs. So "cleansing" or resurfacing the plastic clears the path once more.

Quote: lilbit71
if you are playing on xbox save the game to your hard drive and try and play the game.

You should read a little better, he mentioned he has a Wii. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 13:57:17 22/07/2013
Good news is if he has a Wii and the wost happens (he needs a wii AND new game)
He can buy the gnarly tree rex bundle to replace it
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Pieman87 Green Sparx Gems: 430
#7 Posted: 14:01:16 22/07/2013
It does that about once a week on my Wii, when I'm starting/finishing a level, heroic challenge, or arena. Except it doesn't buzz.
It does buzz sometimes, but that's when it's the Wii, not the game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:22 23/07/2013 by Pieman87
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#8 Posted: 07:06:41 23/07/2013 | Topic Creator
thanks for all the suggestion it works now lol
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#9 Posted: 07:13:38 23/07/2013
Sorry but how is spending lots of money good news? and my wii kept freezing up too at Crash mind over Mutant with that sound, just clean your Wii
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#10 Posted: 13:15:04 23/07/2013
When it buzzes like that, the Wii itself crashed, not Giants.

I get that with LEGO games, Spyro's Adventure, and New Super Mario Bros.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#11 Posted: 16:26:16 23/07/2013
This has happened to me before.
Usually when it happens is when I kill a bunch of enemy's at once.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me