darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > What's the Battle Arena and what are these items for them?
Page 1 of 1
What's the Battle Arena and what are these items for them? [CLOSED]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#1 Posted: 02:41:14 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I don't own SG yet but i'm getting it soon and would like to know a few things b4 i get it for collecting purposes. i have SSA&SSA3DS, & im collecting all the characters for that game b4 i move onto giants. ANYWAYS! What's this battle mode arena im hearing about, what are these items for it & how do i get them? And whats with the giant battle mode matt thing for $40 at gamestop??? does it let me play with more than two players?? thnx for the info in advance. EDIT: i looked up what the battle matt thing was and its called Battle Arena and it just a display... imo not worth $40 lol.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:49:02 20/07/2013 by terranakari
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 01:32:34 21/07/2013
I THINK Battle Mode exists in SSA also... When you play with 2 players in the regular game, that's called Co-operative mode, because you're working to the same goal, so your attacks don't hurt each other. Battle Mode is where you fight each other. It's also known as PvP mode (Player vs. Player).

The items, I believe you're referring to the Battle Packs, there are only 2 as far as I know: The Dragonfire Cannon and the Scorpion Striker. The former is a cannon, the latter is a catapult with a spiked ball. They both add another arena for you to battle in when you're in Battle Mode. There's also a special version of Dragonfire, exclusive to GameStop/EBGames, called the Golden Dragonfire Cannon (which, obviously, is coloured gold), which I HEAR gives you 2 arenas, not 1.

The thing is, just like the Adventure Packs, these don't JUST unlock content in the game. Like the Adventure items, they're also Magic Items, attacking enemies. The difference is that the Adventure items have a BIG short, quick attack, while the Battle items last as long as the other Magic Items.

Oh, and I think the Battle Mat thing you're talking about might be this expansion thing, where you connect your portal to it, you fill the special slots with 8 Skylanders, and use a remote control to switch between Skylanders. Can be very handy for people whose consoles are far from where they sit, so they have to always get up to switch Skylanders. It actually might be worth $40, depending on your setup. The one I'm talking about I believe is by a company called Biogenik. Oh, and it also works in SSA.

I'm talking about this thing:

The other thing, the round one, I think that IS just a display, and more lights.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#3 Posted: 08:46:33 21/07/2013 | Topic Creator
ok thats not at all what i was talking about but now i want it!!!! BAD!! i didnt even know it exsisted. lol & yea the round ones a display only. ty for the info & video.
---

niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 08:07:43 22/07/2013
Yeah, once I started looking into it to find that video, I realized I don't think it's called the Battle Arena, and there's an official thing called that or something like it, LOL! The thing I shared seems to have no official connection whatsoever, that it's just by that other company. I've seen it in real life in EBGames (Canadian segment of GameStop), and I think Wal-Mart. When I saw it in EBGames, I was focusing on the $20-on-Skylanders-and-get-a-Sidekick promotion, and since it isn't official Skylanders merch it didn't count. In Wal-Mart I didn't have the money for something optional, I had a specific goal. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:18 22/07/2013 by niceguy1
#5 Posted: 13:49:50 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
yea i hear ya.
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me