darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Diferences between S1 and S2 of the original SSA skylanders?
Page 1 of 1
Diferences between S1 and S2 of the original SSA skylanders? [CLOSED]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#1 Posted: 01:57:08 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I quit playing SSA a few weeks after wave 3 and sold all my skylanders due to family/money issues. Well my family is in a much much better spot now and decided it was time to get back into skylanders. Sadly were having a hard time finding SSA skylanders, but found out the giants versions work fine with SSA. but whats the diff. & how can i track down the "elite 8". i only have a wal-mart, kmart, shopko & gamestop, nothing else within 2hrs of my house. whats a "wow pow" and can my original SSA skylanders get them if there not the giants versions? what about the lvl cap? i do not own SG, just SSA & SSA3DS. i have sprocket tho ;p lol but i want to know the differences b4 i get the game! smilie
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 02:35:54 20/07/2013
Just get the S2 versions whenever possible, as they work just fine in both games and unlock heroics in both games. You only have to worry about the forgotten 8 that were not reposed in Giants; Boomer and Ghost Roaster will be the most expensive. You will probably not find any of those in stores except for the Dragon's Peak adventure pack where Sunburn resides, and the occassional 3 pack where Warnado and Camo are. The others have to be via eBay.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#3 Posted: 02:51:04 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you! and i guessed as much... i was thinking getting the s2 would be the best option. the lvl cap increases & they get a wow pow, which from what ive read poking around the topics is basically just another ability (worth it in my eyes!!!). do the elite 8 get any of this tho? & if i have a lvl 15 s2 cynder will she be bumped down to max exp @ lvl 10? with all abilities except wow pow? & do the magic items & adv. pack lvls get reused in SG?
---

#4 Posted: 04:51:21 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
sry for double post but after looking this up all night its obvious i want to collect S2. ty everyone!
---

Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#5 Posted: 14:04:34 20/07/2013
Both s1 and s2 can go to level 15 (or 20 once swap force rolls around)

Only difference is s2 can switch paths freely and they have a wow pow
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#6 Posted: 02:04:02 21/07/2013
If you were standing in a store with S1 Chop Chop and S2 Chop Chop (for example... Picking a character out of thin air), definitely take S2. If you already had S1, there's some question whether S2 is worth it, but if you don't have any version of the character, it's clear...

The Elite 8, or the Lostlanders, don't get a Wow Pow because only S2 get Wow Pows, and the very thing that makes them "Lost" is that they weren't reposed, they don't HAVE a Series 2 version.

The differences:

1. While both S1 and S2 work in both games, and will unlock Heroic Challenges in SSA, only S2 will unlock Heroic Challenges in Giants.
  2. S2 has the Wow Pow, one additional upgrade. Some are good, some are bad, some are worthless. In SSA you will not have any access to the Wow Pow, though it will still be purchased when you return to Giants
  3. Both S1 and S2 can go up to Level 15 in Giants. If you use a Level 15 figure in SSA, it will show as Level 10, with the associated Health stat for Level 10. When you return to Giants, the character will still be Level 15.
  4. Once you choose a path for an S2, you can go back to Persephone to have her switch to the other path. Also, any upgrades you buy are still saved when you switch, if you switch back anything purchased is still purchased.
  5. S2 variants (like Legendary Stealth Elf) and S2 Lightcores WILL work in SSA, but they won't have their Giants look (Legendary Stealth Elf just looks like normal Stealth Elf, Lightcore characters don't light up on screen and won't have their special Pow entrance that they have in Giants).
  6. I'm sure you know by now, no new characters or Giants will work in SSA. Such as Sprocket. smilie
  7. All SSA hats exist in Giants, but not vice versa. If you put a Giants-only hat on them, in SSA they won't be wearing a hat. If you then put a hat on them in SSA, that will replace the hat they had in Giants.
  8. Adventure Packs still work in Giants, and that's why you can still find 3 our of the 4 in stores (If you see Darklight Crypt, buy it no matter what. They never ship it to stores anymore, it's always boxes of the other 3). The difference is that the Adventure levels don't physically appear in the game (like the Pirate Ship sitting at the docks in SSA). You can now only access them from the Chapter Select menu.

Oh, and if you want to find SSA figures, a month or so ago all Wal-Marts suddenly put a bunch of SSA figures on the shelves again. So you could get lucky at Walmart, though by now they might all be picked clean. Managed to get a Dino Rang and a Camo (and if I wanted I could have had a Warnado). And the Camo was for a trade which fell through, LOL! Oh well.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#7 Posted: 03:21:19 21/07/2013
Worth checking out which of the lost 8 are coming in swap force... Warnado is coming, for example.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
#8 Posted: 08:38:21 21/07/2013 | Topic Creator
WOW!! ty for so much detail. i was very happy to read all that but yea its 3am here where i live & just got off work & found Voodood for $7 on clearance at walmart. yay!!! but the other day b4 i made this post i was literally looking at a s1 & s2 flame slinger in my hands & just got him s1 cuz it was only $7 & now i regret not getting the s2 one... but thats ok! ill just get s2 from now on. & yea.. darklight crypt is my fav adventure pack, i hope i can find it... otherwise the set is $40 loose on ebay(cheapest price) WITHOUGHT ghoast roaster... X_X but yea... Voodood is a big find for me so im happy. my son woke up when i got home & he was so excited with our new friend he fell asleep with him still in his box xD
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me