darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Is there a way to check a save file to see what difficult has been set?
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to check a save file to see what difficult has been set? [CLOSED]
hoodoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1169
#1 Posted: 13:28:49 15/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I want to finally get the last few achievements I need in Giants prior to the Swapforce launch. I believe that one of my save files is Nightmare difficulty but I saw no way to confirm. I am playing on the Xbox 360.
---
A dad, a husband, a gamer
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#2 Posted: 15:46:58 15/07/2013
What you do is (while in a saved game mode) go to the menu, go to settings, then see if you are set on Nightmare. If it isn't there, then it isn't that server.
---
#hu
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#3 Posted: 01:29:51 16/07/2013
That didn't sound right...

The only way I know of is rather "brute force method". Load Save Game 1. Pause. Go to settings. Choose General Settings. IF YOU ARE IN NIGHTMARE, the only setting here will be to turn Visiting Nicknames on or off. Otherwise, you'll also have a Difficulty setting to change between Easy, Medium and Hard. You can change the difficulty while playing, but only in Easy/Medium/Hard, you can only enter Nightmare mode from the beginning, and you cannot exit it.

Load Save Game 2. Pause. Check the same thing.

Load Save Game 3. Repeat.

Etc. etc. etc.

I REALLY wish we could actually name our save games. Most games don't let you, and the ones that do make me miss it more in games that don't. smilie Named save games would make this MUCH easier.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:33 16/07/2013 by niceguy1
#4 Posted: 12:06:34 16/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I did not get a chance to check last night but if I remember correctly my settings were very limited. That and the enemies take a little more time to take down. I am down to two achievements, Nightmare mode and the one for 65,000 gold on a Skylander. Thanks for the help.
---
#5 Posted: 11:21:21 17/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Just to report back, I did check the settings of my save file and it only has the nickname option. I made it from chapter 5 to chapter 12 last night. Just a few more and then I will know for sure if it was Nightmare when the achievement unlocks.
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#6 Posted: 22:52:09 17/07/2013
As I said, you already know. If the only setting is the Nicknames one, then your savegame is in Nightmare mode. smilie Congrats! I think the Achievement unlocks after the final cutscene. MAYBE after winning the boss fight, but I think it's a little later.

One thing that makes Nightmare obvious is during big fights with big enemies, the bigger enemies can kill you from full health in 2 hits, maybe even 1. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#7 Posted: 02:04:12 18/07/2013 | Topic Creator
You were correct. I was on Nightmare. Completed it tonight. Yes, some of those guys were literally crushing level 15 Skylanders in 1-2 hits. Luckily I have a lot of Skylanders to swap out. I actually had more difficulty with the last arena challenge. But I overcame that as well. 1000/1000 gamerscore complete for Giants. Bring on Swap Force.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me